FMTEL Assignments not tracking

For the last two days I haven’t been able to do any assignments as Apex Connect has been “connecting” and showing the crash helmet man just standing there. Has this been the same for anyone else?

certain challenges dont track or refuse to. most will. others will straight up not.

I’m currently leaving all FMTel tasks on the side, because they are so error-prone and can make saved games unusable. I decided not to do any more until the developer has eliminated the errors/defects.

1 Like

agreed. i am doing the same

Actually I’m doing the same, except… I stopped playing GZ… :man_shrugging:

Almost the same for me.
Actually I just do some to have a task, not for being awarded.

1 Like

Assignments did it to me now. went straight to the sign in with the motorcycle helmet guy present.

My Apex account has now been “connecting” for about a week and displaying the Crash Helmet Guy. Therefore I cannot “disconnect” and “reconnect” to reset the account. Anyone got any ideas as to how I might get out of this situation?
Even a defective assignment system is better than no assignment system!

Use the website for logging in.
https://apex-connect.avalanchestudios.com/
Then delete the account and start the game.

Never use quick resume feature or just standby/power saving without quitting the game completely.

On which system do you play?

Ok. This what happened. I went to the site and tried to login. It did not recognise my password so I went through the reset password process and it would not let me login with the new password. In case my account had been deleted somehow (continually trying to connect) I tried registering a new account. It would not register my new account quoting Error 500.

It seems I cannot get into the system to delete my account either.

When this started I had just changed from XboxOneX to XboxSeriesX. Something to do with the changeover but can’t think why or how to cure it.

I now tried to login on the website, too.
Doesn’t work.

Maybe they are doing works on the server or database. :man_shrugging:

Maybe, maybe not. Who would ever know?

I give up…It would be nice if sometimes someone told us what the hell is going on and what they were doing and when…would make playing this game a whole lot simpler.

Thanks for your help anyway.

1 Like

I took a look in known issues as well as browsing through recent patch notes and discussions and saw that some assignment issues were fixed or known, but didn’t see anything regarding these specific missions so thought I’d add here.

Platform: PC

Description:

• The destroy 4 tanks weekly does not track at all despite killing more than enough tanks. Count remains at zero. I do believe last weeks weekly was also to destroy 4 tanks and didn’t track then either, but I’m not 100% sure. So it’s been an issue for one potentially two weeks. (I’ve only been playing for 3)
  • Destroy 10 FNIX hunters seems to track and complete in the character assignment menu, but still appears as unfinished in the FMTEL Briefcase menu. It seems like this doesn’t provide any progression toward weekly rewards.

Steps To Reproduce: Just played and accepted assignments as normal.

Host or Client: Hosting multiplayer with one other person, who seems to be experiencing the same issue

Players in your game: Two including myself

Specifications: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
16gb RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

1 Like

Moved to relevant thread.

//Mod

1 Like

I played with a friend. I was host.

• kill one hostile machine in archipelago region: worked for both
  • kill 4 tanks: didn’t work for both
  • kill 3 harvesters: just worked for my friend

Believe me, the specs of your computer are not the problem. :+1:

2 Likes

After a couple of weeks of “connecting” it finally managed to connect, I accepted all three assignments and set off. After a couple of machine relevant to one of the assignments I went back to the Fmtel laptop. The assignment I was halfway through had gone as had one I hadn’t started. I went off and destroyed a machine in the Archipelago as requested in the third and only remaining task and checked again.
It was back to “connecting” and showing the crash helmet guy and has now been doing so for a couple of days now
This is soooo frustrating. It’s been going on for months now.

1 Like

I gave Hagaboda and the gnomes a try yesterday evening but still no resistance points for me (destroy Ticks & TVs assignments)

I haven’t done a single FMtel task since May 13, 22. On the one hand they don’t work or only partially or they cause the game to crash and damage the save file, it’s very modest if you can’t / couldn’t make a backup beforehand

1 Like

The one with the seekers worked without any problem, the one with the ticks counted correctly, but I didn’t finish it yesterday. Same for the TVs.

Didn’t get any resistance-points.