FMTEL Assignments not tracking

Everything completed yesterday more or less correctly apart from 8 tanks which took about 20.

Does anyone have any idea why the kill counters always seem to either jump forward to or get hung up on multiples of 4?
They never seem to display any numbers apart from 4,8,12,16 or 20. At least that’s how it is in my game. Also if an assignment is going to get stuck it seems to happen just before completion i.e. 4/8, 8/10, 12/15, 16/20 and 24/25. Very odd.

Today all assignments accomplished, but I’d bet that the counters didn’t work correctly.
Less machines destroyed than needed and more cars destroyed than needed.

And after a long time I even got 12 resistance-points. I don’t know why 12, but that doesn’t matter to me right now.

(off-topic) P. S. Destroyed 2 more fnix-bases without a crash before/while doing the assignments, just 4 in forest region left.

2 Likes

I’ve been experiencing this as well. Sometimes, it seems to work. Sometimes not. Sometimes it will register kills correctly. Sometimes not at all. Other times, I’ll have to kill (as an example) 4 tanks. I’ll get my credit after killing 2. But then I’m unable to complete the other assignments regardless how many machines I kill.

Yesteday, I had to kill 10 Harvesters. Killed 6 in total, and not a single one registered. Yet I got my credit for 4 tanks after killing only 2.

1 Like

Same issues here.

We will get an assignment to kill “a rival”. We’ll head out as a team, and kill 10-20 rivals (actually having to jump to each others maps) and still not get credit.

We’ve hunted down all the level ranges, types, and flavours of baddies… nothing.

Similar issues in general though, kill well above the needed amount, get no progress… then sometimes, randomly, boom… completed after no progress. Other time, no progress at all.

1 Like

For the first time since their introduction my assignments have counted correctly, displayed correctly, completed correctly and awarded points as they are gained instead of in large blocks. This happened both yesterday and today. Is this the same for everyone? Has there been a hotfix somewhere down the line?

Same for me, i assume they somehow fixed them in last Hotfix which wasnt even about assignments but FNIX Bases causing issues.

I don’t think it would have been from the hotfix a week ago as assignments were still all over the place until yesterday morning. Perhaps it was a fix from the Avalanche server end which would have had little to do with the GZ devs.
Perhaps a Dev or Mod reading this could find out and report back please.

Yes, I noticed this yesterday. Everything counted as it should… except of one phantom Tank - counter displayed 1/4, but I haven’t even seen any Tank during that game session :thinking:

The assignments run on a server.
They can update them without updating the game. That’s why apex connect is needed for the assignments.

They are working on all the issues with the assignments in the background, so it truely can be that now some of them work while they didn’t work a day before.

Happy to see that assignments have started to track as intended for most of it! You might have heard it before, but it’s been continuous work from the team to root out the tracking issues you’ve been experiencing, and it’s very nice to see that work is finally starting to show off! Please continue to report any tracking issues you might have so we can look at them as well.

4 Likes

It seems to have been a false dawn unfortunately. After three days of working perfectly it decided today to go back to the old habit of not connecting and just displaying the crash helmet guy.

Do you use the standby-function of the console or do you always quit the game completly before turning it off?

Daily assignment tracking seems to work more or less fine in single player now. The count can be a little off at times, but at least now they register.

In co-op, it’s still not working properly. You can kill enemies and not get any credit for the kills. It seems to work better now, but not great still.

1 Like

I always quit to main menu before turning off and never use quick resume.
I always play solo as well.

edit…I cured it by deleting local save and doing a hard console reset. I will try to remember that for next time.

FMTEL Assignement has worked flawlessly the latest week, only tried it in singleplayer but still. A big improvement!

3 Likes

Destroy 10 apoc machines, 5 cars and 2 tanks worked perfectly for me and my friend in coop, including the 6 resistance-points. :+1:

1 Like

Completed the tank badge yesterday with no issues with all assignments tracking and points awarded. Good gear as per usual. Nice bonus was 4 Uranium.

2 Likes

It’s still not perfect. Today everything counted, completed and awarded as it has done now for over a week but there was a small glitch when the “destroy 4 tanks” completed after only 3 at the end of a base defence.

Multiplayer session today and both of us completed the assignments with no issues achieving the Tick badge.

1 Like

Almost the same for me.
All assignments completed, resistance-points earned, but…

The assignment for destroying 10 proto machines got finished before I even destroyed a single one. It seemed like it counted all the scout and/or soldier soviet machines I destroyed.
One time the counter looked as it would count the same way as the “destroy 10 hunters” counter, but at this time I just destroyed fnix, apoc and military hunters… And this assignment finay completed before the proto assignment.