FNIX bases for assault

Hey guy us. I read up on how to spawn the reaper and got you need to have a lot of threat/rivals in the area but I haven’t seen anything definitive about getting the basses to spawn.

I thought killing rivals would generate threat but then all my threat went away when I killed them. The thing is I had threat up high and left rivals alone but no bases were spawning still.

So my main question is are the FNIX bases just RNG or is there a system similar to the reaper spawn?

Or do they happen at the same time?

Any info would be appreciated.

FNIX bases level up with the same mechanic rivals do. Be aware that this only works in the Farmlands and Forest region. You need to kill regular machines to have a possible spawn/level up of a FNIX base. At the moment those regions are the only ones with possible FNIX base spawn points (and I hope the devs leave it at that).

That the regions drop in threat level faster then they rise is basically a flaw the devs decided to leave it be.

2 Likes

Since the New Dawn Update I kept killing machines in order to do base assaults. First I claimed 4 control points in Forest and 6 in Farmland, most strategically chosen for good spreading on fast travel points, and some because their locations are just plain beautiful. Like Ravinen and Gardberg Mines. I built a uniform small concrete square-shaped fence around the command centers. Nothing fancy.

Since I keep trying to make FNIX take over control points every day for a couple of hours, I’m gathering a lot of tokens (520 so far) and that number is only going up. So I was wondering, if these tokens could not become an uncraftable resource needed to craft some future type of rare ammo, like for instance armour piercing rockets. That way these excess of tokens can be put to good use. :coffee:

2 Likes

I just accidentally destroyed one of the 4 last beacons I have. Beacons are always guarded by enemies, and provide therefore extra fixed enemy locations. Maybe the devs can think about a repair option that need tokens.

1 Like

In order for a base to spawn you need to have a high region score and then killing a rival this causes either a rival to level up a base to level up or cause a new base to spawn

You don’t need a high region score. I’ve completely tanked my region by killing off all of the rivals, and had both base assaults and defenses spawn when I went back to kill the regular machines. In fact, this was the only way to get them to spawn before the bug fix. You just need to increase your threat level. Doesn’t matter if you decrease it first before increasing it either.

1 Like