Apologies I will put a

Hide spolier

This text will be hidden

if I say anything else but I wont

2 Likes

Any new info on a console release date
If not give me a heads up when you find out

2 Likes

Paul said in the FNIX Rising announcement stream that “We’re [GZ team] aiming for it to come out shortly after the PC release, we’ve got some stuff we need to do on the console side that means it’s slightly delayed”. [Full question and answer timestamp 24:09-24:41]

1 Like

okay, for how long is it that Harvesters can call for giant tick pod models that hatch hunters?

Until they are killed they can call in as many as they like there is a discussion talking about maybe a component added to harvesters that we can destroy to stop that

1 Like

i noticed, it was kinda a pandemic when 3-4 harvesters call every 10 seconds for 2 hunters

you se in the left corner there is a building made by possible the resistanse or the player.

I don’t understand which part of this is coming as free base game update and which part of this is DLC

1 Like

harvestern might be free but i think the fnix buildings might be for the dlc. Melee free to and those new skills. new story, npc and the new possible island will be in the dlc

1 Like

So if they going to update the game world for DLC only, then how can we play with people who don’t own the DLC?

thats true i think then the whole main island update will be free

1 Like

Expect this to be a multipart series I love ranting about my theories.

So as a former Portal player I’ve noticed some similarities between FNIX and GLaDOS, one that they both love flooding their facilities with neurotoxin, and two they speak with the voices of the ones who had their conciousness uploaded into them so I’m kinda curious and can also control their facilities(I’m sure that opening the door in Bergfinken was FNIX screwing with the player).

What if Von Ulmer is in FNIX but much like Caroline, locked away to ensure that he doesn’t get involved with FNIX’s plans to become some overlord AI?

I’m kinda curious if this theory is true if Veronika can extract Von Ulmer from FNIX and rebuild him into another body like to me personally, that would be hella cool.

I’m just saying, Android!Von Ulmer.

Anyway, I’m out I’ll be back in another like five months lol.

Unfortunate as it is the evidence points towards Von Ulmer not having a consciousness anymore but it would be heck of a plot twist if we saw Von Ulmer fighting FNIX and trying to stop him

Well, FNIX is just an operating system. A computer interface that is controlled in functionality. Why we call it FNIX is because of the mind’s connection to the interface. We can call it Ulmer all we want, but this seems either to be a duality or complete take-over of Ulmer’s new ‘body’.

Veronika created the system. Just a computer system that is used for function.
Ulmer created himself in the system. He believes by his own words that it’s his birthplace. Ulmer has made it that his brain uses a new body, so he has been born again - FNIX Computer system. It works for him as if the FNIX system is a new skeleton controlled by brain signals.

There were bodies connected to beds, which meant the control would be directed from the brain, but the body still needed to be somewhat alive - The brain needed to function. At this point, so long in to the story, FNIX has been working under a veil and most likely either transported all these bodies and placed them in some more indestructible structures or extracted the brains from them. Even better, maybe even has completely virtualized all those brains inside the bodies.

Why I don’t see it virtualizing itself so much is because of the fact that FNIX is a system that is directed by commands. You input, it returns. It’s the 80’s with a bit of Sci-Fi. Code isn’t godly written, bytes are scarce and systems are just interfaces. If you tried even today, a human mind could not be fully possible through just AI, it wouldn’t seem sentient. FNIX still needs the brain to operate FNIX and make the moves, the harder question is if it is using it’s full body or has created a cheaper way to just sustain the brain.

I don’t see FNIX even using the bodies much either because of the debilitating symptoms they have. Those bodies are dying, they need a 100% sterile conditions and constant life support for the entire thing. No treatment to stop the process (unless FNIX would use it’s functioning power to devise cures), so they’re left with the simpler solution of just sustaining the brain.

1 Like

Same discussion topics merged.

//Mod

This is the Ringfort the place where that harvester is

1 Like

Just wondering where is that place

Melee weapons, prone, new locations, new crafting schematics, new inventory and map revamp, and apocalypse harvester will all be free. The only paid stuff will be new missions and new NPCs to interact with, and maybe some other stuff.

1 Like

it is in the south coast do you want a map? Or do you want to find it when the updates out?