FNIX Rising discussion

they are working on it still this is the early version I’m certain they’re working on bug fixes atm so don’t worry :slight_smile:

On the one positive side to coming to console - both Greg, Paul, and Pontus have explained that it’s not simple getting it to console. My interest is…why.

Not to pick, because I’d rather take it ready, than now rushed. But is it because the console platforms themselves take time ( log achievements etc ) or does it need to be like…re coded for console

Anyone?

For console they have different button mapping and some details might not load and also there is a reason why mods and add ons are more popular on pc is because they can actually handle it. And for steam I’m pretty certain you upload a file, fill in the info set up pricing and its on sale. Consoles are mostly disc games and I think its a bit more complicated to update a disc then it is a file

Yeah I’ll take that good points well made.

I’m hoping for prone on the RB

ye or double tab “B” because thats how we usually change stance and RB could be Change melee weapon

I love this game so much I only played it since Christmas until early June :rofl:

6 months straight!!!

But RB is to switch firing type from automatic to semi auto

I meant to say LB or RS

I wish I had a successful first post like you :rofl:

Similar for me I played since launch until about October then played some other stuff for a bit and came back to it after christmas

1 Like

It has been 3 months… it wouldn’t be that much of a stretch if Fredrik grew a beard.

a full bread in only 3 months, unlikely it should take years

Might be like that - I’m still watching how it’ll unfold. I guess it’s a question of priorities - they will not get paid/have a sustainable business model without offering new content and drawing in additional players.
But to me, polish and immersion are more important than new content. I can see why terrain oddities don’t have the highest priority, but things like inverse bullet drop for certain rifles, not being able to stand/duck under trees and bushes, borked auto-aim, or the intermittent splashing/static noise are quality-of-life issues that simply shouldn’t survive months of reporting unaddressed.
As far as the newer DLC is concerned - I think the ‘machine buildings’ do not have a place in the base game. I presume this is also a distribution issue, as in they can’t ship a DLC-modified main island as an ‘overlay’ to the original version, but it feels weirdly disconnected to the story so far…

2 Likes

When is this coming to PS4 ??? as there has been no update to change the overpowered mobs as yet ???

Devs haven’t confirmed a date yet for consoles

This might be because you might’ve missed some of the main game story or not played Alpine unrest since there are a few links to it in FNIX Rising

Can someone check out bunker 66(6) in the DLC or after the update to see any changes please.
:+1::smile:

Tenebris Infinite said they haven’t revamped that part of the farmlands YET

Yep, I wanted to finish the main game before starting the DLCs (and I did) - which is why it doesn’t feel right to add the post-DLC landscape changes to the non-DLC islands. You’re starting out with the mystery of what happened while you were gone, and as soon as you leave the ‘starter island’, you get unexplained (and inaccessible) machine installations and warzone-like ruined villages, which don’t make any sense this far into the game. They obviously fit into the post-Alpine Unrest and FNIX Rising story, but they ruin the atmosphere in the vanilla game. Having a densely-populated map feels like a detraction from the uneasiness about the empty buildings. Why wonder what might have happened to the people that lived here when everywhere you go, all you see are robot installations, power wires, floodlights and smoldering ruins?

4 Likes

Yeah I feel like the buildings should only appear after you have finished the main story It would make more sense to the player once they finish the game and going ahhhhh I see! rather than wth I just went from abandoned houses to machine outposts which would confuse a newer player (Also in my opinion the south coast is normally the second region people go to) if it was like this it would be like FNIX has built them whilst you have been playing

3 Likes