FNIX Rising discussion

there is no need for a bigger one. we just need the reaper tank for that effect, i guess :smiley:

1 Like

This is actually exciting. I have tons to go through, dropping some and drafting up other theories. I have so much material to work with through a simple trailer, who knows what’ll come after the DLC drops. The game seems to be taking big strides and I’m happy for it.

I won’t say much, because I actually want to dissect the available and get to work!

@Brobobo You seem super excited, replying so frequently on this and prev. topic :smiley:

I’m gonna start figuring out where all these locations in the trailer are, watch this space! Imma be back some point in the future :grin:

Looks like a turn to becoming just another game…Vehicles running around with no consequences, silly melee weapons that could NOT damage a machine…Yep just another game…I get that is what the mob wants but I am going to miss the great unique 1980’s game. I guess when crafting & super weaponry were added with experimental guns the writing was on the wall. I just was in hope that the Development team would not make this JUST another game but it is clear from that trailer I am & have been very wrong.
SPP

1 Like

I find the use of a sledgehammer silly. I’d rather carry the weight of a gun and lots of ammo vs a sledgehammer, but the devs realize people like options. I sure won’t use the sledgehammer, but some will certainly enjoy it.

5 Likes

I mean, it’s just a trailer, no need to curse the game so suddenly. You might as well wait until it actually comes out.

I agree it is just silly!
SPP

That trailer sure produces a lot of hype. :heart_eyes:

Out of all which was seen in there, i’m most interested by these two:

Base building but for machines? :thinking:

Also, artillery gun looks to be built by FNIX, rather than using existing one.

3 Likes

It’ll be a “fun” weapon to use, not necessarily something to use in a serious fight.

Based on the info so far, there are at least two new melee weapons: baseball bat and sledgehammer.

For additional imagery;

Another angle of the artillery:

And it looks like we are back to the WWI with trench-warfare:

2 Likes

Indeed, 4 more regions to go though :smiley:

One problem already comes up on my mind, will the machines structures respawn?
If they do not, it´s a shame, at least some outposts should keep respawning.

Trench warfare makes sense with the big bots if their cannons can’t point straight down, but I do NOT want to be stuck in a tight space with a Hunter!

You know what? You already have been many times stuck in tight spaces with hunters :smile: .
In barns, bunkers, some tight spaces, at least i´ve been.

1 Like

@Pufty guess so haha. hadn´t that much fun talking about theories and trying to solve something out of thin air for a long time, mostly because i got no time myself to really get into things or i just were silently working for myself.

Yep! Enough is enough! :rofl:

1 Like

U see about the big armoretruck I think u need to use it to destroy big FNIX bases.

You see that there is a black red building thing FBPS (Fnix base power source) or FAGS (Fnix artillerygun supply) those things are in the fnix circle/base. this means there are base building defend mode or defend the outposts

2 Likes

actually the best information about all of this :smiley:

2 Likes

Anybody got any ideas on the melee weapons. Maybe going a step ahead but any ideas on exp melee weapons?

i really hope they will take a 4th weapon slot. i could live with a melee weapon taking over the handgun slot. but i wouldnt mind even considering it when using up a main weapon slot. the only really situation i would use it is to save ammo on ticks tbh. considering player resistances and movement speed i cant think of it being a new main weapon type, just something to get you out of sticky situations when your mag is empty and a runner charges you.
when you are able to somewhat block off like lets say 50% melee damage from enemies i also could imagine using it to hammer off some armor off of an enemy before pumping your lead into it.

3 Likes