Food and Water, Hunger and Thirst (Basic)

It could just be a different mode, if they actually ended up implementing something like this. A “hard” difficulty, similar to the Survival mode in Fallout 4.

1 Like

Hey as long as the the orignal way of playing is not changed , and add features for other tastes thats fine ,

3 Likes

Oh yeah? Imagine I have a save with a ‘‘normal’’ difficulty how would I be able to change it to ‘‘hard’’? In the settings?

1 Like

Ermm fill console with concrete wait till it sets then the save should turn to hard , yep i think thats it

1 Like

Yeah you know that was a joke right , haha

It just doesn’t really add too much to the discussion, though the humor is appreciated.

1 Like

Yeah i agree early days game no one with info yet , so reply with a funny to pass the time eh

1 Like

I totally feel you mate :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

There is way to much games out thier that have food and water survival this game is one of it’s own kind inventory definitely needs work. Or a safe house storage box to store stuff would be great

2 Likes

Do you guys agree on a better looting system where you can find food/drinks that give you boosts like an energy drink that would give you more stamina and speed? No Hunger or Thrist

4 Likes

Hey you are onto somthing there good idea , a Buff drink = extra damage or heal over time

2 Likes

I too feel like a survival mode wouldn’t add much to the game. The inventory is small enough already and having to carry around water bottles and cans of food would leave even less space for weapons and ammunition. I find survival features in most games more of a chore that detracts from the gameplay and makes exploring less fun. If they ever decide to implement a survival mode I hope they make it optional. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Please no, it’ll only make it “just another arma clone”.

1 Like

It can be an interesting feature BUT:

• the game needs some balance if you introduce more loots you have to carry. For instance, more room in inventory like 2 slots more per line.
  • the rate of consumption needed to be healthy has to be not too high because you will pass your time not to play andlive the story but looking for food/water and a “digestion simulator” is not a fun game.
  • you have also to balance what will give food/water to characters. just maintaining a bar of biological needs or will it give also some stamina for running, health boost, some temporary buffs?
  • the droprate needs also a careful balance. If you find too much ressources, then the survival aspect disappear since you never lack of water/food why bother to implement survival? But if it’s too scarce, then again it becomes survival simulator number 4546541874891 and not a story driven adventure.

Not an easy task to deal with and easy to mess up. I prefer to NOT have a survival aspect than a botched one

2 Likes

This might be fun. But right now there is no loot respawn. So if you run out of bullets and need to find food. Your only option is to go inside a house or town swarming with enemies.

If they did add this i would suggest you could find food in the wild (hunt rabbit or deer) and use water form a stream or so for drinking water. But in doing so they would need to add a LOT of things.

1. Craftable items (Cuz you aint gone eat a bunny raw or drink strait from a puddle.)
  2. Skill tree (cuz you might want hunger to go down slower or cook faster)
  3. Wild life (enough to hunt but not to much to overflow the game.)
  4. Hunting items (as if you run out of bullets, you cant go melee a deer to death now can you)

In short, this isn’t something they can do in a few weeks. Not is it a priority. Once the game is running smooth i’m all for this. Tho there is hardly any replay value atm. So again, they might want to work on that first before they add this. And that means you will have to wait a LOOOOONG time for a decent hunger system to be ingame.

Atm i rather play a game that as end content and replay value. Then a game with a hunger indicator.

No Survival , buffs ok if needed

I feel like if the weapons weren’t too overpowered and had ‘‘infinite’’ ammo the game would be much more fun without a need for ‘‘biological needs’’. I think adding wildlife is a great idea, since the animals wouldn’t evacuate on their own. If you find a bear he can chase you just like a robot and when you kill him it could give you his skin to create some cool clothes with stealth buffs or something

2 Likes

I can’t imagine these elements will ever be added to Generation Zero. A game needs to be built up around survival concepts; and most importantly, needs to give the player a reason to choose another important goal over basic sustenance.

A common reason in modern survival games is defence. A player might choose to eat their remaining stores and spend the entire day fortifying their camp against the ‘terrors of the night,’ rather than lose a portion of their day travelling to their foraging/hunting grounds, gathering/hunting, and then travelling back. Of course, they’re betting their survival on finding enough food the next day to both feed themselves and refill their emergency stores.

Another reason is that they may be unprepared for whatever threat is stopping them from getting their basic sustenance. So, they must spend time crafting, looting in safer areas, etc., in order to acquire what they need to tackle the threat. If they spend too long, hunger and thirst may take them while they search. Don’t prepare enough, and whatever threatens them takes their lives anyway.

The long and short of it, is that without a reason not to fulfill their needs for basic sustenance, you’re merely condemning the player to perform pointless busywork.

2 Likes

Can you give me an example of the importants goals that you are talking about? The game doesn’t seem to have that much stuff to do besides completing missions and murdering robots. I didn’t understood what you are trying to say, are you saying that there shouldn’t be a hunger/thirst/gathering/hunting in the game or the opposite?

1 Like

Yes, I said there shouldn’t be hunger/thirst/gathering/hunting in the game because you can’t just shoehorn it in.

2 Likes