Food and Water, Hunger and Thirst (Basic)

Even though I think it could be awesome, I 100% agree with you. The amount of time and effort it would take to balance that into the game would be immense. What would be more feasible as a middle-ground could be a form of energy drink that gives a stamina boost, or things like that.

1 Like

Frozen dinners you have to use the ovens to heat up, but the robots detect the heat of the oven and swarm the house. <— Joke :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

‘Dinner’s ready!’ Tick tick BOOM!

2 Likes

Yeah, I feel like they need to implement hunger and thirst.
Just imagine if they fill the world with animals, you could go hunting for food and other resources.

1 Like

If they do add animals to the game (which would be really cool) instead of adding hunger and thrist they could just add craftable consumables that give you buffs and ‘‘sneaking’’ clothes

2 Likes

All this would be a nightmare to handle the games already challenging enough.

3 Likes

Challenging? I’ve already easily defeated all robots and I haven’t even done half the missions or have all the good weapons

As it is, the game is more chilling than challenging

It will be great but don’t think is come to this game…

Think for now game need many improvements just in exist mechanics…

And not to be a ‘empty world running simulator’…
And be more focused on QA and bugs on exist…
For game is a really good open world but empty…
Really nice shooter but 50% time is just play 'inventory management game '…

Story glitches on quests… Pure locations over spawn bots…
Think game have potential but need rework, current game stage is maybe beetween tech demo - alpha… Its absolutely not a finished product…

And classic survivalmechanics like food/water and other… I would like to but I do not think that it is realistic …

1 Like

no…just no…there are so many survival games out there. Not having these elements is one of things I like most about this game. I don’t need “look there’s 3 hunters…hold on, let me sip my tea and pull out a granola bar quick so I can fight”.

3 Likes

I have no idea why people seem to think that this is or want this to be a survival game. I’d like a sleep option so that you can change time of day, regain health without using medi-packs and to maybe get some time-limited stat boost, but food and drink would just be a pain in the ass.

Plus, this would absolutely have to wait until there’s an improved inventory system. As is right now, I can only carry guns, ammo, grenades and one stack of health packs :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I dont think its chilling at all I just think that a fight with a hard tank drains you of most of your stuff especially if there is more than 1.

I dissagre with everything but the food and water being a pain in the butt to handle I also thing that the rest option would be pretty cool.

This game was not meant to be that sort of survival game. Oh lemme eat this granola bar so I can get a speed boost for 24 hours. Thats not really what they were going for.

2 Likes

The survival concepts are good suggestions, however this isn’t Fallout. In my opinion, it’s just a shooter. You dump loads of ammo into enemies, which honestly don’t need it. I grab a propane tank and suicide bomb a tank with just 1, which I admit is probably not how they imagined it, but how do you lure that slow machine to a particular spot without it blowing you to pieces - may as well do it myself.

And, another notion to keep in mind is why jump the gun with requests for additions when the game is broken AS IS. If you have an issue properly swapping weapons and stacking loot, scavenging for food will be a nightmare as the content being added onto pillars of sand will just collapse the whole thing. Some other posters noted that the game breaking bugs occurred only after the beta. Tsk tsk. Where are the good QAs to test programming I wonder.

3 Likes

True the devs did state survive not survival , agreed with @Tri13 :rofl: hold bad robot ran out of bog paper , wait a sec while i finish cooking me rabbit that i ran for miles to catch cos u bad robots keep scaring me lunch to border of the game > Hey go play ark,conan,h1z1 , :laughing:

1 Like

If this is only a shooter there will only be weapons, ammo and traps to keep on your inventory. That doesn’t really sound fun

1 Like

An arbitrary food and drink nagger? PLEASE GOD NO.

2 Likes

Come on now whats not fun ? , we the gaming community buy a shooter game and now shootings no fun because we can’t fill the inventory space with food items or bloodkits and coal and sticks n stones :rofl: , next these guys will want it to be so real we will have to carry tents and camping stove and kitchen sink ,. This topic is entertaining thankyou MineCrafters .THIS IS WHATS NEEDED >>> More 80’s movie content , More traps , more weapon’s , more machine bashing toys to fill our INVENTORY’S = A SHOOTER . Done deal :smile:

2 Likes

@TherotcoD Totally agree, well I think I do, not sure about the coal lol. Too much emphasis is placed on new innovation rather than fun and engaging gameplay.
The desire for realism in games always meant a believable story, developed characters and graphical fidelity not all the superfluous nonsense many games have now.
I watched Deadpool this week and liked it even though nobody ate much or even went to the toilet, how unrealistic is that eh?
Enough of the REAL nonsense in games please. Games are not real, we are not actually James Bond and so realism should only need apply to visuals when you think about it. Unless you’re actually looking forward to the day when games put you in a real time ‘time-out’ when you so much as twist an ankle vaulting over a wall…
Realism?.. be careful what you wish for because developers who are being forever urged to come up with arbitrary novelty in the name of innovation and place boring dross on the altar of the dreaded REALISM are needlessly harming the end-user experience.
The minutiae of real life has no place in what is ostensibly a strategic stealth shooter imho and if you disagree then where do we stop? I WANT TO GET HAYFEVER THEN! Imagine the fun of having to search for antihistamines so as not to sneeze and alert the enemy!

Or we could jus get back to the meat of it and grab guns to kill robots.
Sounds like more fun to me.

2 Likes