Framerate drops and crashes

Regarding Generation Zero on the Xbox one; shouldn’t it be a priority to optimise the game first BEFORE adding more bots? My friend and I have lost count as to how many times the framerate tanks when there is fighting between the bots going on and how often the game suddenly crashes due to the drop in frame rate,

To quote my friend, “If this game crashes ONE MORE TIME because of the drop In the frames, I am uninstalling the game because I have had enough of it” we both like the game but it is infuriating when you fight against a rival and just as you are about to beat it the game crashes and you have to find it all over again

In my honest opinion, optimisation should take precedence over any new content, thank you for reading this message.

1 Like

Hey guys.
Take a breath, maybe make a break, and wait for the next update announced for december (refering to the roadmap).

There should be performance improvements.
Maybe your issues are gone then.

On Ps4 the lag when many machines fight each other is horrible. I’ve more or less stopped going to the northern parts because of the fighting going on and the framerate drop because of that. It’s been like that since the Russians came. Maybe that is part of the strategy to keep the humans away :slight_smile:

Have been having same issue on PC. My issue is in one area of the map and you can just be walk, no fighting, and frames drop in the single digits. The crashing is random and anywhere.

When I read this I just wonder why the game is running as good on PS5, while others have so great problems with the framerate.

Me and my friends just had a framerate drop once. There even wasn’t a great battle, but one of us suddenly had a massive lag (all three with PS5, all physically in the same room). He just pressed start, returned to the game and everything was fine again.

Attacking bases can also have that issue on Ps4 especially big bases. And attacking bases often causes the game to crash. About 80% of the time the game crashes before the base is down. And when you restart the base is rebuilt. Guess that in that case the framerate drop and crashing is connected.

CPU/GPU is the problem on the last gen consoles and multiplayer sessions.

Sure?
I would have said it’s read/write speed of the memory.

When the game isn’t able to write all necessary data the frame rate drops and the game may crash. Because not all data has been written, for example bases get recovered.

That would explain somehow why I had more crashes on PS5 when I played the game installed on an external usb drive instead on internal memory.

Memory play also his role.

Unfortunately crashing is basically something this game is known for, as for me, the game is good enough to keep coming back to. I would recommend playing a variety of games though, so that way when things just aren’t going your way, it gives you another outlet to get some of that frustration worked out.

If you’re on the standard Xbox One, like I am, there are a couple of points on the map that I can say to avoid that will help to avoid some crashes.

• In the SW portion of the map (Forest Region), avoid the city of Ostervik, specifically the soccer field and the residential areas. Both safe houses in Ostervik are inside that crash zone, so they work as a couple of landmarks to avoid that area.

• In the NW portion of the map (North Coast Region), avoid the forested area between Hagaboda, the bunker up there (I’m forgetting the name, Hermilian or something like that) all the way to the eastern border of the tree line. I’m not sure if it’s all the concentrated foliage combined with the mass spawns up in that area, but I crash every time I go into that area.

• The southern border of the Mountain region. For whatever reason the game dashboards on me in that entire area. There could be nothing in sight, but it will still crash after 10-15 minutes in that area.

Hope this helps a bit. As far as the Hagaboda area, I’ve found that if I spawn at Alby Church it will give me a few extra minutes I can be in that area before the nose dive and eventual dashboard. Just info in case you have a quest in the area.

Best wishes and good hunting!

1 Like

The area around safehouse Granhygget in Forest Region is one of the worst for me. And the culprit is the base next to it I think. 3 times I have attacked that base and all 3 times the game crashed and the base was rebuilt. So no I just stay away unless a Reaper ends up in that area.

The only issue i have with the Battles Between Soviet and Fnix machines is that i get thrown into combat with them all and some of them would just turn and attack me instead or at at random
The amount of times I’ve seen a Firebird just turn towards me with a red light and ignoring the Fnix it were fighting to just fly over to shoot at me instead <.<
(despite being shot at by Fnix machines and you had not even fired a shot yet)

But No FPS drops (on PC: Steam, on Ultra Settings)

My FPS drops is when Harvesters or Wolves can’t find a path to it’s target and “Evade”… <.<;

Aside that I’ve only noticed very short Frame drops when hitting multiple components or Machines at the same time when entering combat on first hit, for a fraction of a second before it’s gone.
Doesn’t happen if the Target(s) is already in combat or alerted.
Often is the case with E-PVG (penetration hits) or
or E-KVM (Chain lightning hits)

The majority of my crashes of Generation Zero
Were around “Mullvasbjerget Ringfort” doing Fnix Rissing missions.
Which also Happened for my Friend, my Brother and my Cousin.
regardless whom where the Host, Guest or doing the missions Solo.

• Both when i did them the first time, on my own or with my Friend.
  • When my Friend were doing them on her own or with me.
  • When my Brother were doing them (or i were helping him as he mentioned he kept crashing at a Battlefield before he could get the thing in it)
  • When i recently re-did them. (after the Dark Skies update)
  • When my Cousin were doing them a few days ago (which had us crash with a within a minute of each other)

If we had these missions active and at these steps in the played world, they likely would cause a Crash when going near or being near “Mullvasbjerget Ringfort”:

• The Ring Fort: Locate the Mullvasbjerget Ringfort in the Farmlands
  • The Ring Fort: Gather materials to build defenses
  • The Ring Fort: Set up defenses at the Ringfort
  • Piece by Piece: Place armor onto the truck
  • Test Run: Return to the Ringfort
  • Clearing the Path: Talk to Calle to start the truck
  • Clearing the Path: Follow Calle’s truck (before entering the Southcoast)

When Calle is in the Truck anywhere in the Southcoast, There no longer seems to be an issue with crashes, near the “Mullvasbjerget Ringfort” or the Truck.

That said we are all on PC (Steam) on Windows 7, Windows 10 and Linux (Zorin)…

1 Like

I have had crashes at the battlefield next to ringfort, too.

Without doing missions, just fighting machines.
It’s one of my favorite spots.