Frequent Crashes / Endless Crashing - Please Help!

Yes I’ve had several crashes after disarming a tank now that I think about it. I’m also getting that weird glitch again in MP after defeating a tank and looting it and getting kicked a few minutes afterwards then my buddy invites me back in and the same defeated tank is standing on my screen but not on his. I can walk right up and loot it again with diff ammo and sometimes a weapon drop from said tank. It’s a weird glitch exploit. I’ve also noticed when I’m kicked from a MP game there is no crash report unless I’m kicked to the steam dashboard.

1 Like

Hotfix just rolled out that should fix the crashing issue on PC.

Hotfix notes: https://steamcommunity.com/games/704270/announcements/detail/1714119088656421389

Oh, hotfix size is 1.9 MB.

3 Likes

“While not as severe on consoles, we will roll this update out on those platforms alongside our next update.”
OMG are you kidding?

4 Likes

With this fix we’ve tackled an issue that we saw was accountable for roughly 30% of all crashes players are experiencing on PC.

Terrific! Hope it really does fix 30% of the crashes. Though that still leaves 70% of a problem. I’ve got about 100 hours a month play time for 3 months and more than 400 crashes.

My heart goes out to everyone here on consoles (which seems like a lot of you) for getting left in the lurch for another month to find out if 3 out of 10 crashes is truly resolved for you.

2 Likes

I’ve wondered the same things. Since my friend changed his RAM, he’s had a lot fewer crashes. I also realized that when he changed his ram, he also increased the amount. I used to never crash, but since the last update it’s started to happen to me as well. Others have said that their crashing has gotten worse since the update too. Since I’m running 32GB of ram and have fewer crashes, and most people with higher rates of crashing are running 8-16GB, I wonder if it has to do with the amount of ram? it seems likely that if there were some kind of ram addressing issue, more ram would make it less likely to have issues like mem leaks, etc. It just seems strange that so many have crashes directly after combat or when they mess around with the plundra boxes. The common point would be saves that happen anytime you finish a battle or change something in your box.

1 Like

Highly unlikely.

4 months ago, i replied to SkEyE in Steam discussions, explaining what the memory leak is. Here it is again for folks here to read it as well:

Source: https://steamcommunity.com/app/704270/discussions/0/1643178512754975454/#c1639801448915422393

So are they saying now that console players do not matter to them enough to fix this problem so we can play the game…Well that attitude & looking down your nose view of console players is for me very disturbing…I am the largest streamer of the game on Xbox based on views, I run the largest club on Xbox that has this game listed & have been holding off streaming with these crashes in-order to not make the game look bad…I think this weekend I will start streaming it again fixed or not. That was really a disheartening line for me at least.

I so love this game & have not lost all hope or faith in this team but that “console players are 2nd class citizens” line did not help TBH. Sorry if any of this sounds rude or negative but that line & news was for me very frustrating.
SPP

3 Likes

That kinda makes since. Every time i crash it’s after a battle or I’m in my pludra. So is it save related or memory related? Because you are right, Every time you open a box or switch a weapon or whatever, its trying to to save your progress. Maybe its trying to make too many calculations at the same time in the middle of the game while trying to save at the same time?I know that shouldn’t be a problem but something is going on. Of course I have just been strolling across an open field not a bot un sight and crash. Who knows.

1 Like

WoOo! Managed a full 3 hour session today doing my usual stuff, no crashing =)
edit 4 days later with about 11 hours on the hotfix and still crashfree on both old and fresh savefile. =)

1 Like

Fair enough, I’ll pull half my ram and see what happens. I’ll play for an hour with full ram and see how many times I crash, if I crash at all. I’ll pull half the ram and play another hour doing the same things and report back when I have something to report. It’ll be a few days as I’m not going to be in town.

With Alpine Unrest the hot-fix came 1 week later for consoles, if that´s the case…it´s okay…if not i will be disappointed too, truth to be told the game is almost 1 year old and it still has issues usually found in " early access " titles, it`s not right.
I hope “we” are wrong and next mid week they send it.

3 Likes

So wait to clarify, nothing has been done to the consoles for crashing? Has anyone played today to see if anything is different on Xbox? I’m stuck at work until 4, and saw the post about a hot fix, but I couldn’t find the original post. So nothing has been done on Xbox?

1 Like

You are correct. Today’s hotfix was for PC only, not console. It was noted that “While not as severe on consoles, we will roll this update out on those platforms alongside our next update”

Full article here, thanks @Aesyle for sharing.

3 Likes

@boston_51 thank you for the reply

If we get it by Tuesday the 11th I am fine with that small wait. But the stated: "While not as severe on consoles, we will roll this update out on those platforms alongside our next update.” they do their updates the last week of each month (historically) so that would mean THREE (3) weeks away that is 3 more weeks of not being able to play a game that 100% worked fine until the Alpine unrest update & after this last update does not work at all…With not even a “we are sorry”. This statement is the worst thing they could have said to console players…
SPP

5 Likes

Yes this was for the PC players the 2nd class citizens on console must wait up-to 3 weeks.
“While not as severe on consoles, we will roll this update out on those platforms alongside our next update.”

Hope this is of help.
SPP

1 Like

I mean are we basing “not as severe” off of how many people are affected? Because even if we are, your console players cannot play the game in solo play at all. MP works when it wants to. That seems pretty severe to me

4 Likes

I know and agree…just hope it`s next week and not 28 February or 5 March, because it would be not okay at all for console players,specially when their sales have risen in this platforms (the performance was better than in PC, it helped until now).

4 Likes

#ConsoleLivesMatter #GamerEquality

4 Likes

Ps4. First time since latest update. Crashed after 5min in mp. First contact with the enemy and I the host died and had to respawn at safe house and the game Crashed. 3 Players, 2 hours. Crashed two times for host and three times for clients. Every time in battle. Not ok.

4 Likes