Frequent Crashes / Endless Crashing - Please Help!

@Terrorrobot sounds like something I would label as “Severe”, how about you? :wink:

5 Likes

Ran some testing this afternoon. It does appear that maybe 30% of the crashing has been fixed as they say, but of course there is still 70% of the crashes remaining.

2 Likes

The majority of crash complaints were pc players so the dev’s in their narrow focus wisdom have only done a fix for pc and have said a big **** you to console players, no equality there but they are happy to take your money to fund future content.
As SPP said we are second class citizens for the dev’s otherwise they would of said a fix will happen in the next few days for consoles and not in 3 weeks with the next update.

3 Likes

It must something broken with the exp or rivals.
I thing the game want to spawn a rival and crashs.
In my game i cant kill all rivals becouse on my map there is no rival but in something Regins stand There should 1-2 rivals ?!?!?
Its really sad to say but After the dlcs update its only broken.
Before this, i cant play without any Crash.
I am really curious the Devs can fix this mess

1 Like

What if their crash reporting just doesn’t work on consoles? That would explain why it’s not “as severe” :smiley: Also, often times the game not just crashes, but freezes without a chance of launching crash report tool. Pathetic. Great sound, visuals, gameplay etc and such a bad coding and/or management. This hurts me as a programmer, and also as a person who preordered the game and been playing since the day one.

2 Likes

I’ve tried to capture the crashes on xbox and it keep saying capture failed because the game kicks you back to the xbox home and not the games main menu

2 Likes

If the internal software doesn’t work, external camera (webcam, handcam) works all the time.

1 Like

For me a crash and freeze is basically the same. You need to restart either way. And yesterday after freeze it got a corrupted save. Thankfully the ps4 was able to repair it.

2 Likes

A rival spawned when you defeated 2 runners. The rival then went to level two.
After that, many rivals spawned and the level increased.
One crash, it was out of combat. On the way to death of fall
I returned again. To this wonderful game. Thank you very much

Same here the capture function does not work when it kicks you back to the Xbox home because it does not show you in a game. That is according to MS. Every time it crashes file a report using the Xbox report function (that is if you have you settings set up to do so) report, report & report to MS they will if they get enough of them contact the Developers according to MS staff post on Twitter. I caught the crashes in my Mixer stream as I will this weekend when I start my weekly streams… GL fellow console gamer!
SPP

2 Likes

Battle crashes are definitely reduced for me now. In fact I haven’t had any battle-related crashes since the update but I haven’t put in a whole lot of time. Also, rival creation/level up notices and experience notifications at end of battle are all happening as they presumably should. That was where a lot of crashes were happening lately.

Still getting crashes not seemingly related to battle. More like potentially at the start of a battle. I just crashed while amidst picking a lock on a shed. Progress bar was about halfway. I also though had a yellow alert behind me so it’s possible that it crashed at a point where the yellow would have turned red, starting battle mode. There seems to be a lot of crashes I get related to battle mode starting, usually with a tick or tank involved it seems like.

Improved but still relatively unplayable since “random” crashes ruing missions, game progress, etc.

A big nod of approval and an increase in good faith from me to the devs for making an improvement here.

But…

They need to fix 100% of the remaining 70% before any more twiddling with the game in my opinion. I’ve no other software that crashes like this and I have a library of tens of thousands of titles.

2 hours of playing with no crach.
just hit the first 500 playing hours.
Im on pc and very happy to be playing singleplayer argin:)

So sorry fore the console people…;(

1 Like

How’s multiplayer holding up after this last hotfix for the PC, anybody know? Haven’t had a chance to try it out yet.

Fore me it works perfekt:)

1 Like

I had multiple crashes in a session before the January update (PC player), however since the January update, my system suffered a hard crash and the game corrupted my save file. Lost 100+ hours of playtime. The crashes absolutely need to be the main focus. We play multiplayer with three people and we all suffer random crashes. Gets very frustrating.
I love this game but I do not want to see it become like ARK, constant updates with new content but the existing content never works right. I stopped playing ARK because of the massive glitches.
NOTE: Have not played since yesterdays apparent hotfix.

1 Like

For me nothing changed after the patch (on PC). I still get random crashes completly unrelated to combat or other interactions. Most of the times I just walk and suddenly the game sends me to the desktop with no error report.

2 Likes

Yes I get those too. I guess those are the other 70% of crashes they referred to indirectly by saying the hotfix addressed a cause of, by their reckoning, 30% of the crashes. The problem is as you say that many of the crashes are not caught by Crash Reporter so they can have no record of them even occurring.

It does appear that the crashes I was getting at the end of battles has been cured. Previously there was often a delay in the ‘combat over’/experience notification as well as any notification and related sound effect for rival creation/levelling but now they occur instantly at the end of combat with no crashes.

All the other random crashing remains fully and game-ruiningly in-tact.

I still have some crashing issues, e.g i opened a loot bag in the car and game crashed with crash report (which i filled and sent) or at the other time, i was shooting at the FNIX tank and during me firing, game crashed without any crash report whatsoever.

However, compared to what i experienced since Christams of '19 until the Hotfix, GZ’s stability is like night and day. GZ has never been so stable for me and the 1-2 crashes i get during my longer sessions are peanuts compared what i’ve been through since launch.

Backstory about crashes for me in GZ (click here to read)

Bought GZ in the beginning of April. Back then, i had game crash on me every 5 mins or so. Only when there was a night-time in the game, game was stable enough (for 30mins) so i could progress the mission(s).

April’s Update did stabilize the game somewhat, so i was able to play more but crashes were still frequent. On average, every 30 mins or so. Also, once i got outside of the Archipelago region with my missions, game was much more stable.

June’s Update had even more stability fixes. Then, i was able to play about 2 hours before game crashed. Once the session’s 1st crash happened, the crash frequency went up and game on average crashed every 15 mins or so.

There was no July’s Update.

August’s Update didn’t have any effect on game stability.

But September’s Update had big stability issue fixes, at least for me. I was able to play 6-8 hours straight before crash happened. Basically one or two crashes per my gaming session.

October’s Update changed things a bit and i did get my daily 3-5 crashes up front (within the first few gameplay hours) before game found it’s “groove” and stayed running for 10+ hours problem free.

November’s Update was Alpine Unrest. Stability wise, things remained same as after October’s Update.

There was no December’s Update but what there was, was Holiday Event (from 20th Dec to 3rd Jan). Like i said above in this topic, all was mostly fine until ca 24th Dec, when i too got rival spawn crashes.

With January’s Hotfix, game’s stability is back of the level after September’s Update. It’s even better since now, i rarely get crashes but it isn’t 100% perfect stability wise either.

Conclusion:
I’ve had easily 1500+ game crashes during all this time and i’m not complaining about them since there have been improvement (and some downgrades) over the time. I’ll just send crash reports to devs and wait patiently once the devs fix all GZ stability issues.

Some may say it’s madness for me to put up with all those crashes while others may say that i have a very great deal of patience. I can only say this much that i really like GZ (story, atmosphere, SP experience, MP fun) and i’ve gotten used to with GZ crashing on me.

Is game crashing annoying for me? Yes. Is it gamebreaking for me? No.

2 Likes

For me on PS4 the game usually freeze and there is no crash report. For me freeze about 70% and regular crash with report 30% of the time. So that means the devs only get info about 3 out of 10 crashes. And I’ve put the game on hold. It’s unplayable now with all The crashes and dead robots disapearing.

3 Likes

I’ve been playing MP with 2 other people and all day yesterday the game never crashed but I would get kicked about every 30 min to an hour. I was a client on PC and when I get kicked other players would see where I left the game but there would be no crash report. Only get a crash report when we all get knocked out of the game and that’s only 50 % of the time but I will say this, devs seem to be getting closer to solving the problem because I’ve had no real crash since the update in single player, I only still experience problems in MP and have had some frame rate drop but that seems to have resolved itself for now. One can only hope.