Frequent Crashes / Endless Crashing - Please Help!

What else am I supposed to do?

I had to go on stream and ask about the crashes there (“we’re unaware of the issue”), despite the numerous reports on the forum. This was 2 months after release. It’s now 7 months later and the game still isn’t playable.

I’ve exhausted all my possibilities, Avalanche support was no help and pushing broken early access games into release pisses me off to no extend.

So … what can I do to help? Send more crash reports? lol

2 Likes

You can try to be patient, relay what information you can to this thread about the issues you’re having, discuss with the others here who have similar issues (that are beyond what patching has fixed so far) and try to be constructive.

I understand being frustrated about having issues with the game, but throwing blame towards the developer doesn’t help your situation, it only creates a negative atmosphere on the forums.

There are further crash fixes coming with the February Update.

1 Like

I’m not posting because I’ve quit even trying to play the game. I’ve been very vocal about this for almost four months and the game is not adequately playable for me so I have just moved on for the time being. The hotfix did seem to remedy crashes related to a particular rival-oriented bug but there are still many other crashes for me on PC. You will see me bellyaching here again after the next update if the situation has not improved.

5 Likes

Installed today’s update. “Oh neat, an event of some kind!”

Yet another even I can’t actually participate in because the game is not fixed.

Last Resort still stuck for me. Crashes still randomly, whenever. Not even activating Crash Reporter now.

Back to forgetting this exists until the next update. Can’t believe I spent four months trying to get this to work.

1 Like

I used to have loads of the same crashing issues you’ve described, but with the latest update they’re completely gone for me now. I’m sorry to hear you’re still having problems. Feel free to disregard this as a stupid question, but have you attempted a clean reinstall with new saves?

Does the clean install with new saves completely wipe out all my progress? I’ve been contemplating doing this but I’m over 100 hrs deep in this game and refuse to start from scratch if I don’t have to.

If you’ll delete your save files, and don’t have cloud saving turned on then you will start from the beginning with empty inventory on level 1.

Reinstalling the game without touching the save files will allow to continue where you left off.

Just to be clear - to delete save files you will have to do it MANUALLY.

1 Like

My game crashed a few minutes ago after stripping off all three weapons from a military class tank.
When the last weapon flew off the screen froze immediately and after about 30 seconds crashed to the desktop with crash report.

Note to myself: don’t shoot off the weapons from tanks… (what I normally don’t do anyways, just wanted to see the tank sprint… :grin: )

So by leaving the cloud on, I can delete my files and keep everthing. Cool. Is this done to get rid of files that are potentially corrupted that may contribute to some of the crashing?

I don’t think that corrupted save files could lead to GZ crashing. More likely that you would not be bale to start the game at all.

I’m able to play for about 40 minutes which isn’t an improvement. Think there were some active bots, but there was nothing obvious to cause the crash.

While I was testing I had no more active missions, but a round marker on the HUD. I followed it because I had no idea what else to do and where did it lead me? To a LIGHT SWITCH in a house 2km away. How is this still happening?

Since the last patch I got about 4-5 freezes, followed by game quitting to desktop without crash reports. Totally random situations - looting, walking, etc.

I have re-installed but not started a new game. Being I think very near end-game and having amassed most of the goodies as well as harvested several event clothing items I’m not really interested in starting from scratch and losing everything at this time. I especially don’t like the thought of losing all the clothing items I found though perhaps they tied that to accounts and not a save. I’m not a fan of the new hard wall of level 25 to getting experimental weapons either.

On a positive note, however, I tried to play and got more crashes so I went back in and attempted to eliminate “old” rivals. I can’t be sure what rivals were created before the rival bug fixing update but I went for higher level ones. After doing that the crashes pretty much stopped.

I then got a crazy amount of hours in with no crashes whatsoever which has been great. So through a week or two of playing a lot I only had one crash. I was in Stenmyra. I had defeated an FNIX tank as well as some other machines in a large battle and began exploring the area in search of a collectible. Whence appeared a level 4 FNIX tank rival I had previously not seen any sign of on the map. While battling this rival the game crashed without triggering crash reporter. When I restarted that particular rival no longer existed in the game anywhere. After many quits/reloads that particular rival has still not appeared in the game again but neither have there been any more crashes. I know I did not defeat that rival as I had only laid a few week hits on it when the game crashed.

Since then I have played dozens of hours with no crashes so far that I recall. I have even got in some terrifically epic battle. One had maybe 12, maybe more harvesters, six tanks, countless runners, hunters and seekers. They just kept coming. When the battle was finally over I received over 11k experience points without any of the experience point boosting skills. It took me up two levels on the current character. Pretty cool. That may be normal for some but I have never since purchase been able to have such massive, extended battles without a crash. It’s never resulted in anything but the using up of all ammo and supplies only to be left with no experience for the trouble. This battle lasted more than an hour.

2 Likes

You read the title. Crashing is back. It could be running fine for an hour and then, suddenly, it crashes. It could be in single player or multiplayer. It could go minutes or maybe an hour, and then it crashes. Is anyone else experiencing this. I play on Xbox. Please Devs, fix this immidiatly!

Merged threads.

/Mod

I also killed all old Rivals and somehow I didnt encountered any crashes after they all died.

Edit: Unfortunately it still does crash from time to time but less frequently.

It wont let me start the game it keeps saying… an error has occurred in the following applications.(CE-34878-0)
generation zero

Merged topics about PS4 issue with crashing.

//Mod

Since this is the main crashing issue thread, I’d like to bring attention to the crash most definitely caused by Tanks charging.

Each and every time I have tried to replicate this, I have succeeded. When fighting a tank and removing its armaments, it starts charging at you, a feature I’m sure you all know of. However, if you do this from say, sniper range (a good 2-300m) then the tank will try to cover that distance. However, at this range, a crash is guaranteed to happen (at least in my case). If I am within Machine Gun range, the crash does not happen.

Dunno why a charge from further away causes a crash. Maybe the animation/script has to play for longer than intended if at a certain range and is causing the crash, I don’t know, but thought I’d post it here anyway.

Well today I took down rivals to see what crashes. Mines crash, recoiled crashes, gas and compressed air tanks crashes, grenades no crashes, balistic no crashes, bats no crashes.
And all tanks crashes.