Future DLC: filling gaps instead of sidegrades

I think it would be great if we had some weapons that filled some gaps instead of minimal sidegrades to already existing guns. Let me elaborate:

We got the soviet pack, which gave us a very weak silenced SMG, an RPG that was a bit better than the stock GrG and a Sniper rifle that cannot mount reflex sights, then we get US weapons, a sidegrade to the AG5, a sidegrade to the Klaucke and a sidegrade to the KVM59. Then, we get US2 which has a sidegrade to the soviet sniper again without possibility to mount reflex, a sidegrade to the HP5 and… finally a unique weapon! The m79 is great and that’s why I wish we had more weapons that perform in their own niche instead of sidegrades. What we got so far was mostly for weapons that had already popular calibers, 9mm pistol and SMG, 7.62 and 5.56 are the bread and butter of a guerilla fighter.

• We still have no proper assault shotgun, the shotgun ammo in this game is one with the most potential but lacking weapons to make something of it. Both currently available shotguns fall off heavily versus advanced enemies or only work properly with one ammo type (exp) and we still lack a magazine-fed shotgun. An AA-12 would fill an important niche while not taking away the unique role the exp pump-action shotgun currently has.

• .32 ACP cries for a Skorpion to spray it with. Since all weapons weigh the same and we have no slot limit there is no point in not having a proper automatic sidearm.

• I don’t know from the top of my head which other weapons use .44, but FNIX hunters mainly drop this kind of ammo for no reason, and it’s only used by one single gun in the game that also heavily falls off later. It would be great to maybe have a lever-action rifle to western the machines to death.

2 Likes

Pontus has said on stream that there’ll never be an AA-12 in the game. But I would definitely like to see more unique weapons for sure. Not sure how well a Skorpion or .44 Lever Action would fit in the setting but those would be very nice.

I’ve always wanted a super powerful Double Barrel Shotgun, maybe with a new 10 gauge ammo type to balance its effectiveness.

Interesting, was there any mention of a reason? I can’t imagine they think an auto-shotgun would be OP if we look how madly over the top the PvG is. I chose these guns mostly because they use ammo that already is in the game. Adding too many ammo types with not enough sources dilates the droptables too much, for this reason I even deactivated the soviet pack (and because to wout of three guns underperformed). Also DLC weapons with exclusive ammo pools get no experimental ammo.

It was because it didn’t fit the setting, which I agree with. The AA-12 is more at home in something like COD. Though I suppose most other magazine fed shotguns wouldn’t fit the setting either. Maybe a SPAS-15, but that’s a big stretch.

Then we gotta hope for an exp. sjöqvist or something if there ever will be new experimentals, but idk how M16 or M60 would fit the setting either, then, or what this has to do with COD, the weapon was fabricated since 72 and was available during the time genZ would have taken place, same as the SPAS-12 which was available since the 80s.

Anyway, the guns I mentioned above were just examples of guns that use the calibers we have in-game already. Just some new ways to expend our existing ammo stockpiles quickly would rock, or even new attachments like pistol reflex sights or AR compensators would be much appreciated. Experimentals are kinda occupying the king slots for their respective calibers (7.62, Missile, 9mm), so new weapons there are likely to only be used by people who don’t have these yet, or by players like me who like to start a new game from scratch once in a while :slight_smile:

Well the Weapon Pack weapons (aside from the AS VAL and the MAC-10) are all realistic as weapons that would be supplied by the US and USSR to aid our survivors in Östertörn.

M16s, M60s, M14s, M9s, and M79s are all weapons that the US would have in abundance in 1989/90. Same with SVDs and RPGs for the Soviets. So them being sent as support makes sense, though I wish they would elaborate on that in the game, instead of the weapons just suddenly appearing everywhere.

The AA-12 has barely ever even existed, they only made 10 firing models in 2004. And the SPAS-15 is only used by a couple special forces and police groups. Neither of these would ever be dropped to combat zones by anyone.

I definitely agree with you though, more viable weapons in different calibers would be great. And more attachments would be good too, maybe a laser like the ones that anti-material Hunters and rocket Runners use.

2 Likes

And this is the problem I have with some of the weapon wishes I see. They would simply not have been available in Sweden, by the Soviets or NATO at the time and extremely unlikely to be found. On the other hand one could also argue that it is extremely unlikely that giant robots would roam the Swedish countryside guided by a human/machine AI killing or capturing every living person. So my call for realism really goes out the window :wink:

1 Like

The MAC-10 could have been suplied. It was used by US special forces in the 70-80s. Not sure when they where taken out of service. But insted of going to storage or destruction why not give them to the swedes fighting the machines. And the AS-Val would probably not be a weapon the soviets would donate. But it could have arrived with their forces. Don’t think they would send conscripts to sweden it would probably be elite troops since it’s small numbers and not a regular invasion.

1 Like

I don’t know why the stuff from the DLC needs a lore reason, and then why do the machines carry around US and Russian guns, and where, all of this could have/would have goes past the point of my suggestion. Since this is an alternative history game, the HK G11 might as well have reached production or the Nations could have fabricated their own, new weapon models based on the machines since the conflict now has gone for over a year in the game’s story. In the end it is what Systemic reaction want the story to be. In the end I would like to pay money for cool weapons that are effective and bring something new to the table without cluttering the loot pool instead of another marksman rifle, assault rifle or LMG :slight_smile:

Another handgun that could use .44 is a desert eagle, this is not a soley American gun so people shouldn’t flip out too much if it’s added.

Didn’t they make the Ingram M10 and M11 in .45 cal too?

They made em in 9x19mm, .380ACP, and .45ACP. But certainly not .44 Magnum lol.

They should add the M79 “China Lake” as the “experimental” version, that would be super fun to use! :smiley:

Ps. If you dont know what the China Lake is see picture,

2 Likes

Isn’t that the G79 of US weapons pack 2?

The M79 (G79) is a break-action single shot 40mm grenade launcher.

The China Lake pictured above is pump action 40mm grenade launcher that can hold 3+1 rounds. So it’s got a lot more firepower.

Would be hard to market an exaperimental based on a DLC weapon though, but we also lack experimentals for a whole lot of weapon types/calibers.

I like the idea of a .45, I’d love to see a 1911 but honestly I’ll take anything that will shoot a .45, we need more large caliber rounds in game.

The pump grenade launcher looks good, too. The reloading takes forever with the break action.

1 Like

lol, yeah. magnum rounds in a small SMG on full auto would definitely be a wristbreaker :joy:

As I understand it they changed from 9mm to .45 to improve stealth by introducing a sub sonic round.

I think that the .45 and 9mm versions came out simultaneously because those were both popular calibers at the time. The USA then had been using the 1911 for 50 years and the Grease Gun since WW2. The .45 MAC actually shares magazines with the Grease Gun.

Of course the subsonic .45 with the big suppressor did make it super quiet, but I think that was more of a happy accident. .45 was just what the USA was using at the time.

True. But since we don’t need another 9mm, .45 would be preferable.