Game crashes on Xbox after landfall update

I recently got to ostervik in the forest region and without fail the game crashes every time I get too deep into town
I’m playing on Xbox by the way
Is anyone else having this issue?

Sadly Yes , spawning in the church in the town kills the Game almost instantly
Also im playing on Xbox. It got worse since the last patch. Before the last patch you were
able to walk further into town.

Moved to relevant thread.

//Mod

Maybe not as relevant but quick question what is currently the most useful info for crash reports on Xbox series? We can’t just look at an error log.
What ist the most usefull info to give?

Soory if I overlooked the info.

I guess one of the most useful info here would be: how do you play GZ?

Most of you just say “xbox”, but there are so many ways to play the xbox-version.

• which XBox (One, One S, Series X, Series S)
  • which version (digital buy, disc, Game pass)
  • on which space installed (internal / external)
  • or even if you’re playing the XBox - version on PC (Win7 / Win8 / Win10 / Win11)

This info could help the devs searching the issue a lot or help you testing different ways.

For example I had some crashes in the beginning on PS5, too. Then I tried to move the game (disc version) from external to internal memory (move is the wrong word… I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it directly on internal memory) because I thought that maybe the data transfer rate of usb could be the problem. And for me it helped a lot.

Additionally it could help to clear the consoles cache or to clean up the data system.

Well this all are just ideas and workarounds.
You know, this game evolves. Its basement was built for the last gen, but the more stuff, objects and features will be added, the greater is the risk that the requirements for this game get too high for the lower supported hardwares, which is really sad.

And the more we play the game on actual PCs or current gen consoles the less the reports of possible problems with other systems will be.

So if you report a technical problem with the game be as detailed as possible about your specifications and try to use all the provided channels.

That’s no guarantee that it will be solved, of course. But it could help.

And as you can see, offside from developing new content or features, they are aware of solving problems, too (regarding to the last great xbox-update in November).

But again: great problems that are based deep in the tech of the game will take much time to get solved, as the game was originally designed for the last gen.

I have been experiencing constant crashing the last update. I’ve been bing playing on the weekends for the last 2 months without issues at all. Now it freezes-up on a regular basis and causes a force quit. A couple times it has frozen my Xbox forcing to do a restart.

It’s been consistently crashing on the center region of the Himjfall Island. But now it appears to be crashing randomly on other areas of the map. It does appear to be random but is consistent.

I am playing on a Xbox One using Game Pass but I did purchase the Alpine and FNIX DLC’s.

I didn’t have any major issues at all until the last update (which was like 2.2 GB).

Here’s my version (menu screen) #: v.2222273
Version 1.0.16.29 (xbox)

Hey I was wondering if someone can help me with why my game keeps crashing when I’m playing solo or hosting!? Please someone help me with this please!

Moved to relevant report thread.

//Mod

Hi everyone im not sure if everyone has this issue or not but anytime myself or friends join me and go to my favourite location Ostervik in the forest region the game within a few seconds to a minute the game crashes from soft to hard crash depending where we are all standing, any help would be appreciated

also i did come across a crafting station in a safehouse that doesn’t work i’ll try and track it down within few days and inform you all thanks

Hellmatic

You on Xbox? There’s been a good number of reports regarding this issue in another thread.

yeah mate we are i didn’t see any others due to im using phone if there is others any chance i could have the link for it and close this than thx

No problemo, moving to relevant report thread.

//Mod

FYI, I submitted a ticket to the generation zero support.

Long story short, this is the answer “Unfortunately the issue you’re experiencing is linked to the performance capabilities of the Xbox One.”

Ultimately, I kept getting error messages trying to load the save files on Xbox. The message said I had to clear my local save files, after I did this, there is an error saying that my save could “could not sync”. In other words, after many, many hours of playing, my save was gone.

I’m done with this game.

That’s a weird reply from Systemic Reaction… :thinking: People buy consoles precisely to avoid dealing with “performance capabilities”.

I have exactly the same problem on my Xbox One (original). Whichever direction I try to enter Ostervik from the game crashes and dumps me out only a few streets in.

Same issues. Been getting a bunch of crashes of late. 2-3 per session.

Xbox new gen. Digital. Single player and multiple players.

My PC version has not had any issues as of yet.

Dear xbox users:

Could you please add the info if you use a S-version or a X-version of your XBox One or Xbox Series?

It’s for the devs.

Yea, the game has been crashing on me at random. Mostly it happens in the Forest region (I’m guessing Ostervik, as everyone else has been saying. there is SO MUCH urban area in the Forest Region.) but I HAVE had it happen to me close to the buildable base as well. I play on a basic Xbox One (not S or X) and the game is installed on an external drive.

I have tried multiple ways to resolve this issue from reinstalling to only run my xbox one on the WiFi yet the game crashes all the time in this area some times steaight away some times 5mins in. This also has the same effect with the people i play with. Any ideas or help would be much appreciated as. I have 2 boss bots in the area an un able to get to them.

This is a known issue. Please search before you post.

Moved to main thread.

//Mod