Generation Zero story timeline

@Pufty

It was a REAL incident?

Awesome! (and scary!)

3 Likes

I thought it was fictional incident added in to fill the lore. Due to that, i didn’t think of researching it further and if it actually did take place. But turns out, it did happen in real life.

Sverdlovsk anthrax leak,
source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sverdlovsk_anthrax_leak

5 Likes

It has really happened in 1979. The Soviet Union tried to hide it .

2 Likes

At some times I’m surprised people don’t know some things and I see this as an opportunity to fix a video coverage I’m working on -

What questions do you guys have that you raise in-game, but are not sure what to take from it?

I’d like to see if I can answer the questions you have and then also put that information in the video, so everybody knows and I’ve covered Everything.

3 Likes

About that… I just added bunch of more data to the timeline and there are still quite a bit still to add. :wink:

4 Likes

I can’t like the same post twice, but if you get a specific question, it will wire an answer in my head. On the spot I don’t think I’ll be able to provide concrete information like this in a clean order. This is why I really wanted to credit you and showcase this timeline :smiley:

Right now I have coverage for the Base game story, Alpine Unrest, FNIX rising. I covered side-quest content IF it has implications on the main story. I covered elements that build up to the moments, a bit of prelude and logic behind how it all came to be with the timeline. I’ve covered some implications of how FNIX works, how the science behind the game works and any non-quest story that evolved to have it’s own impacts.

I just KNOW I am missing something, but I am unsure what, so I’m hoping with some direct questions, it can wire up to my memory and provide an answer, with as well remind me of what to mention :slight_smile:

Thanks, @Aesyle. Thanks for updating the post and working hard to make the story common knowledge

4 Likes

Love the update and layout improvement, thank you!

4 Likes

I can add data from FNIX Rising DLC as well but it would be a spoiler to every console player since they don’t have that DLC yet. Then again, this whole topic is one big spoiler if you haven’t finished the game. :grin:

Edit: Additional data from FNIX Rising added.

4 Likes

With all due respect: why the bloody Tank has this topic not been pinned?
It is, without a shred of doubt, the nigh most important post EVER written in the history of GZ…

PIN THIS, DARN IT!!!
Pretty, pretty please? *puppy eyes * :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well, since this topic does contain a lot of GZ’s lore and is helpful to anyone to make sense of the story :thinking:, i guess it could be pinned, yes. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

BAH, be honest.
It were the eyes. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you, miss. :wink:

3 Likes

credit to pufty
6 Likes

Who unpinned this?

Please repin!
It is very relevant information for many, unpinning this is just not right.

Thank you.

2 Likes

No-one.

Topic is still pinned, sort-of.

Explanation + fix

Searching around official Discourse help forum and i found the reason why pins act as “read once” rather than “always”;

I think a lot depends on how you think of Pinned.

If like last century’s forums, you might think Pinned would be a kind of “sticky post” and always listed first.
If like Discourse, Pinned is more like “should be read at least once”.

True, if Pinned are used more as an “easy to find reference topic”, having them become automatically unPinned doesn’t help, If members want to keep it readily available they need to use the topics Pin button or Bookmark the topic. (or be good at using Search)

The problem with Pinned topics to consider is that they occupy valuable space - the beginning of topic lists.
If you have too many of them, they “bump” often more active topics down the list.

If the unPin when read isn’t a good fit for a forum there is an Admin Setting to disable it from happening.

No “default” will ever suit every forum. That’s why they’re options.

source: https://meta.discourse.org/t/pinned-topic-how-do-we-always-keep-it-pinned/46369/5

As far as “options” go, under user Profile -> Preferences -> Interface, there is “Automatically unpin topics when I reach the bottom.” setting. Unchecking the setting should not unpin pinned topics you’ve read (scrolled to the bottom).

Since this setting is enabled by default, each user needs to manually disable it. Also, it may take some time before effect kicks in (24h or so).

I’ve unchecked this setting and so far, all pinned topics remain pinned for me. :blush:

3 Likes

True, but it is a work of reference, which could be visited many a time to look up events, for instance in discussion.
But, I will leave this at your discretion, good miss. :slight_smile:

Here however, it shows as unpinned for some weird reason, which is why I replied.

Thank you very much, miss, for the explanation.

2 Likes

Click on the pin to get it pinned again.

3 Likes

OOOH, that is a neat trick.
Ah, I love magic. XD

2 Likes

Keeps unpinning…
Any way around this?

3 Likes

Did you uncheck the setting in your profile settings?

3 Likes