Gnomes Mask and Gnomes Pod ¡Mysteries!

Cool, it works for me too on solo, yesterday evening I got a gnome to spawn, and I got 3 masks, 10 gnome-pods, and 16 gnome-ticks from it.

I thought with the “Great Hagaboda Wall” being build in North Coast, I’d better give it some more tries before the update changes the gnome-mask hunting chances.

Edit I have 4 masks now.

2 Likes

Any hints how to get it work on ps5 or in general?

As mentioned previously in the thread, the way to get them to spawn appears to be to cause destruction within Ostervik. Its been the way ive constantly gotten them to spawn myself and each time its worked, at least on Steam. PS4 ive had some issues but likely because im not giving it enough time.

1 Like

Is there anyone who had success on ps5 doing that? Last time I destroyed everything destroyable in Östervik and even didn’t get any framedrop.

Nice ! :+1: Care to elaborate how you manged to spawn the gnome in Hagaboda ?

And do you have to rampage in Östervik for that, too ? Wouldn’t make no sense to me somehow, no ?

1 Like

I have read on Facebook a method that I’m following with a twist of my own.

Preparation.

1. Get in Forest as many FNIX bases to highest alert level. I have 4 Fnix bases all leveled up.
  2. Get rockets, and a lot of ammo. But also try to be as light as possible with space for loot. Rockets are most useful, because these shoot up a lot in one shot.

The time

Although people say that time is irrelevant, for doing this, I feel that I on solo can get them to spawn more consistently when it’s close to midnight ( when the moon is in the south).

The hunt

1. Travel to Alby church, and start shooting up Hagaboda town. Destroy cars, fences, fuel stations, lampposts, fuse boxes, etc. Really shoot it up good. I do not shoot up the two green houses. (not sure if that makes if difference)
  2. Then I check houses for gnomes. I only really checked the two green houses, since they have been very consistent. See map for their location.

1. First I check the house near Alby church to see if a gnome is there. If there is a gnome, but inanimate, I’ll go and shoot up the town more and then run toward the green house north west on map, check if a gnome is there.
    If a gnome is there walk to it, if it glows it’s active, and you can interact with it, which causes it to become a gnome tick. It will attack you, and you have the shoot it before it self-destructs. If it’s dead you loot it, and hope for a mask.

2. You can keep on interacting with the gnome for a long time, each time you shoot it and loot.
    You get 100 gnome-ticks, before the glowing gnome disappears.
    Typically you get 2-3 masks in session, but I also had 5, and if unlucky 1.

3. If no active gnome is found, try to shoot up the town more or restart and try again.

No. I followed the above method and I have spawned the gnome three times now and looted it. I have gotten at least 7 masks, but a number of times I found masks I already had. On moment of writing this I have 4 Masks.

7 Likes

If tried another session, but this time no interactive gnome would spawn. So I’m trying the night-time in-game and night-time in real life approach, because that’s what I did yesterday when they did spawn.

Edit: I know now that night time in real life doesn’t matter, I just got to spawn a gnome, with method above, but this time it spawned in the green house near church, but before that happened I had to shoot up town real good. However, again I got masks that I already have, but I got a lot of pods, and loot.

Maybe I should be happy with 4 masks. :coffee:

2 Likes

Time of day is irrelevant either in game or real-time.

4 Likes

Good to know. :coffee:

1 Like

If you’re only getting inactive gnomes; try to invite another player to your game, and then once they shoot at / interact with a gnome then it will start to work for you too.

2 Likes

It works solo too, I have 4 masks now.

I got the full set of seven masks after 4 sessions. Hagaboda is the current gnome hotspot it seems. Never had luck in Ostervik.

1 Like

I gave it another try just now, and I got 5 masks in this session, two of which I didn’t have, bringing my total to six. I need one more - the silver-gold gnome.

4 Likes

Is this possible on series x not seen anyone with gnome masks on the platform

raises hand

I’m on Series X and practically fall over the things within minutes. I’ve had all masks for years, but still find them.

1 Like

Perfect! Now that one could be tricky to find, only seen it 3 times. Once on steam and twice on ps4. Good luck!

1 Like

Did you do it solo, and what method did you use?

It’s certainly is tricky since getting masks is random. Sometime I get five, and sometimes I only get one. And the ones I get I most likely already have.

I also read statements that it is not necessary to shoot up the town, but they do not reveal how else it can be done. I know people who hate to shoot up the town. I don’t like it either. What if, when I shoot up the town I might did something that triggered the spawning?

Anyway I did another session today, but I did not get my silver-gold mask. I’ll try again tomorrow. :bow_and_arrow:

No chance for me and my friend, destroying hagaboda completly on ps5.

It was solo yes. I Basically caused a lot of mayhem. Trick is to create big explosions everywhere for about 20-30 minutes to get the gnomes to spawn. If there are Lynxes patroling the town streets, they are taken out as well.

I know the exact house they spawn into so I place down field radios before unlimbering the rocket launcher.