Gnomes Mask and Gnomes Pod ¡Mysteries!

That’s how we did it for about 2 hours. Every single lantern, every fence, every car, every gas tank and gas station, every power generator destroyed with grenades, rockets, handgrenades, explosive arrows at every everything…

But no gnome.

Ostervik was the same for me. Never saw a gnome.

Try it when it’s close to midnight ( when the moon is in the south)

With the game in its current state you can spawn them within minutes without firing a single shot, let alone blowing up half of a town. And from what I’ve read about the next update, unless the devs have addressed the gnomes directly they’re only going to get easier to find.

My theory is that they’re triggered when the game has too many things to “track” in a session, so previously lots of destruction was the way to go.

Now, we have easier ways to cause chaos and give the game objects to track.

I stumbled across it in my map because I can’t stand the base defense / attack mechanics. So all of my bases are taken over by FNIX and are at max level. (My home base is also as big as it will let you build pretty much, not sure if that helps)

So, I can start at Påskallaholm, run up to the nearby FNIX base, throw a couple of flares or fireworks over the walls trigger a lot of conflict without actually attacking them. Run away until I lose the runners, or just let them kill me.

Either way, as soon as I am able, I fast travel to Hagaboda and head towards Alby Church. Gnomes every single time. Dozens of them.

Same if you start at the Ostervik industrial estate. Head to the FNIX base, throw some flares, run down into Granlugnet, then to Haga and circle back around via the house with the destroyed door / flickering light. At that point my framerate is usually in single digits (on Series X) and the alarm from the base is going constantly.

Then explore Granlugnet and Haga or fast travel to Hagaboda. Either way you’ll find gnomes, chances are Hagaboda will crash less. Granlugnet is guaranteed to have gnomes at this point but it will often just flat out crash.

My theory is the devs never anticipated for a second that people wouldn’t want to engage with their new content and just leave the FNIX bases alone to level up. Leaving all of them alone, just letting them level, then aggroing them gives the game too many machines to track in a session.

Your mileage may vary, but works every time for me. If you don’t trigger them after aggroing a base just try again with a different one.

This way there’s no destruction, time of day is 100% irrelevant and you’re guaranteed to find gnomes.

You’re welcome. Have fun. :wink:

8 Likes

…and just in case anyone was wondering. You can still trigger them when playing via the cloud using Xbox Cloud Gaming.

I thought I’d have a go from my mobile using GamePass, and using the method above I triggered them within a couple of minutes. I didn’t even throw any flares I just ran into the middle of the FNIX base near Påskallaholm and let them kill me. Respawned at Hagaboda, ran towards Alby Church and there he was. In broad daylight, no shots, no flares.

Screenshots taken directly from my mobile, hence the borders on the left & right.

4 Likes

…and Granlugnet. Using the method above.

You might want to put a radio in this house before you trigger them if you’re planning on trying this solo as you’ll be locked out, but you’ll find him elsewhere once you spot them here if you keep looking.

4 Likes

Ok that’s helpful, and with a thorough explanation. I will give it a try today, even though it’s getting a bit tedious trying this over and over. I never liked grinding for a certain item. With six masks I am pretty happy. I’m not a hardcore completionist. :grinning:

I also share this with Aesyle she might be interested to give this method a try too. :coffee:

4 Likes

Nice. I know she wasn’t one for engaging with “unfinished” content but they can be fun to play with. Glad you’re still in touch with her. Do give her my regards, she’s missed. It’s not been the same here.

The gnomes are definitely more fun with other people, especially as this time around more often than not they’re inert so it can take quite a few goes to get them to spawn ticks.

If the gnomes don’t spawn ticks or let you interact with them this can always be fixed by having another player interact with them. Once this happens they’ll work for all players.

2 Likes

We get together in @AliasDJA discord. Just have a word with him.

Problem for me is, that I’m trying to keep my game as clean as possible from multiplayer contamination. I read to many problems caused by MP, that I’m never having. So I only play the game solo. The gnome adventure was tedious but a fun experience nevertheless, and I will give your method one try to see if I get it to work on solo.

2 Likes

You only need them to fire a single shot at a gnome then you can kick them. :rofl:

I’d be happy to join you and then leave you to it. I have GZ on all formats so you could send me an invite and I can be trusted not to interfere beyond that. Honest. :wink:

3 Likes

Nearly 100% reliability (in my game) of an interactive spawn here.

I did snitch the Semla!

2022-06-19 08_16_14-Generation Zero

3 Likes

O it’s not that I wouldn’t trust friends. It’s more that the game itself messes-up things. I believe, that me staying away from multiplayer, kept my game from doing strange things. My game is stable, no crashes, no significant frame drops, no impossible stats like 26543 days combat, no missions not working, etc.
And then there’s me, I am old, slow-paced, and my playstyle is stealthy exploring, not combat.

7 Likes

I’ll give it a try next time…
But I still got no confirmation about success on ps5. No matter what I do, I never had the game in a state with noticeable framedrops… Just once, but that was because of a stuck harvester. I’m just afraid that the game works too smooth on ps5.

1 Like

It’s limited to 30fps on PS5 so there’s plenty of overhead before you’ll notice it struggle. But the Gnomes are still there on PS5 as it’s essentially the PS4 version running via backwards compatibility.

My PS5 save isn’t nearly old / busy as my Xbox save but it’s still doable there.

2 Likes

I haven’t tried them out yet, and because these are finite, I don’t want to use them just for testing. So I might as well ask here some questions, that way the answer can be found on the forum. I now have these Gnome-ticks / pods, red “Oknytt (unused)” and green “Myran” ones.

1. Can we loot these Gnome-ticks too?
  2. In what situations is it good tactic to use the Gnome-ticks?
  3. The Oknytt ones, what happens when I use these?`

Edit: I counted the gnome-ticks that we can loot, and there are 100, if none of them self-destruct.

2 Likes

Try to answer your questions.

Green - standard tick pods (like the engineer with the appropriate skill perk gets from fallen machines).
Red - gnome tick pods.

1. I do not think so
  2. A bunch of runners perhaps or swarming over a bigger machine like a harvester.
  3. Those are the gnome tick pods. deploy them and gnome ticks attack the nearest enemy target.
4 Likes

:+1: It worked for me, spawning the Gnomes without shooting up Hagaboda. I did it two times, and the second time I got the last mask I still needed.

6 Likes

Excellent! Well done! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Tried it again with your new method for about 2h.
I ran around and into the maxed bases at granhygget and östra mark. I even lead a tank there. I tried it with flares, fireworks and a few shots here and there.

But no sign of gnome at these two specific houses in Hagaboda. :cry:

I stay at my opinion. No way on ps5.

1 Like

I’m going to dedicate my next session to this, hopefully my curse breaks too :v:

1 Like