Gnomes Mask and Gnomes Pod ¡Mysteries!

I found an active one in the single house at Kungsgarden in the Forest. It gave me the last mask I needed.

…and just now in Kalleby.

I think that if the conditions are right in your game then they will be almost everywhere, mostly inactive and, for me, mostly unreachable.

2 Likes

Same. Just out of interest I went to Kålleby for the first time in ages. They were everywhere.

2 Likes

While roaming in areas I haven’t been for ages looking for gnomes and trying to establish how far they have spread, it dawned on me just how easy it must be for new players in the early stages of the game. Ammo and first aid kits at almost every turn.
I seem to recall the anxiety of being low on both all the time.

2 Likes

Despite my recent negativity on this forum concerning repeated errors , bugs and non-fixes in this game there has been an upside for me.
I have been playing solo for over two years and was aware of gnomes but despite destroying Hagaboda many times I was never able to produce gnomes.
However, after CPs were introduced and allowing most of them to level up I have had perma-gnomes. Even though playing solo I am restricted to 11 houses I can get into I have managed to get all my masks and a few hundred tick and gnome pods. There are also 5 houses I can get into the kitchen where there are often Semla available. Over time I have over 200 collected.
Every cloud has a silver lining.

3 Likes

But beware, sometimes the silver turns to lead…
Last time I tried a few days ago I got activated gnomes in Hagaboda nearly without destroying things. I started at the church and got greeted with flickering backpacks in the adjacent grey house just to find plenty of gnomes down in the city, some of them active right away.

But…

After about half of the possible ticks it bugged out and I couldn’t destroy the ticks anymore, they vanished but the sound kept playing and they inflicted massive damage on me very fast an I died twice until I realised that the session was really over…

Didn’t try it again since even though I’m still missing the gold/silver mask…

As i said above I have permanent gnomes in Hagaboda. They only ever disappear after I have fully looted an active gnome. They are always back again the next day.
Since control points they are there without having to destroy anything.
I also occasionally get one that won’t die so I just go somewhere else or fast travel out and come back. I have one house on the Northern edge of Hagaboda where the gnome only produces invisible ticks, all the sounds but no visuals. Variety is the spice of life, so they say.
Keep at it and eventually the last mask will turn up.

Ok. Who had “gnomes on Himfjäll” on their Recon Update bingo card?

I went over there specifically to get away from the glitches found in the mainland only to spawn at Tärnboda skans with no HUD, then unable to loot anything, before stumbling into this little fellow shortly after.

1 Like

They’re spreading, almost like a virus. Rendering locations unplayable as they go. Kinda creepy, actually. The Gnome Plague.

3 Likes

Or fnix is just out of control.

God damn right he is.
Why else would he start erecting random walls all over the map :wink:

1 Like

Gnomes I can’t tell because I didn’t search for them but I encountered the “usual” Tick-spawning-battle somewhere south of Björntunet Hotel and the obligatory crash afterwards…
So yeah, Himfjäll seems to be also infested…

1 Like

Sounds like advertising with bugs (unwanted surprise) :rofl:
Or are them indeed a feature? :thinking:

2 Likes

Look at that. Maybe something’s being done about the gnomes :thinking:

If anyone still hunts these then the South Coast region has a couple of great potential gnome houses for hunting / farming.

This particular location has at least 3x gnome spawns that are always accessible due to multiple doors being permanently open. You can’t get locked out of here.

4 Likes

Rest easy fellow gnome hunters. Even after the Sept 15th hotfix the gnomes are still here.

Similar symptoms still apply (some items can’t be interacted with etc.) but I had to go out of my way to try to trigger them, even with all of my FNIX bases.

However, this particular gnome was in a house that I could destroy the fuse box of and I had to open the door to access, so not quite as disruptive but there were nearby doors I couldn’t open.

2 Likes

It’s good that doors can be interacted with, at least. Feels like that’s how it should be.

1 Like

It’s not all doors. For example in that room I couldn’t use the internal door and the room directly above couldn’t entered. Nearby buildings also had some doors I couldn’t open.

It was the usual disruption that led me to looking closer, also machine explosions close to the gnome tend to feature more “spinning” debris. Something I noticed on the previous update too.

1 Like

Anybody know the best way to get gnome ticks as of right now?

My guess would be Hagaboda as there are still Gnomes to be found in the usual suspect houses…

Hmm… anyone seen a Gnome lately ? I haven’t seen them for weeks now, no matter what I do in Hagaboda. Seems they’re gone since the Death from above update & missions !? :man_shrugging:

Sad thing, the only one I still need is the silver/gold mask. :confused: