Heal Amount Skill

Is the heal amount skill (The one that increases the health you get from first aid kits), worth it? It seems good, but I don’t take damage very often, though I also haven’t gone against anything worse than a military hunter yet.

I wood not take it, but its up to you. You can always delete the caracter and start all over.

@flappy Lol, I actually decided on a skill build in between when I posted this and now. Wanna review it?
Generation Zero Skill Planner Doesnt save properly for some reason, nvm

Well, depends;

• If you get shot often
  • If you try your hardest to stay alive
  • If you play on Guerilla
  • And if you have hard time finding them or crafting them
    then: Yes.

Under these circumstances, Heal Amount skill is most effective since you’ll gain the most from your very valuable first aid kits.

However:

• If you don’t get shot often
  • If you don’t care staying alive and can freely die and then respawn back in safehouse with 100HP
  • If you play on Adventure
  • And if you can find loads of them and/or you can easily craft them (have plenty of resources)
    then: No.

These circumstances are the worst to have Heal Amount skill and you’d pretty much end up wasting your skill point(s).

Btw, some stats;
Heal Amount level 1 (+20%):
simple: 25 HP normal, 30 HP with +20% bonus
standard: 50 HP normal, 60 HP with +20% bonus
advanced: 75 HP normal, 90 HP with +20% bonus

Heal Amount level 2 (+40%):
simple: 25 HP normal, 35 HP with +40% bonus
standard: 50 HP normal, 70 HP with +40% bonus
advanced: 75 HP normal, 105 HP with +40% bonus

Heal Amount level 3 (+60%):
simple: 25 HP normal, 40 HP with +60% bonus
standard: 50 HP normal, 80 HP with +60% bonus
advanced: 75 HP normal, 120 HP with +60% bonus

I play Normal Mode (Skirmish?)
I don’t get hit often, but am early game.
I really hate dying, currently have 0 deaths, about 4/5 of the way through archipelago.
Usually end play session with more or same amount of medkits.
I would say that a few levels in the skill might be worth it, but I feel like other skills are more worth it for me.

Since we can now craft first aid kits (given that you’ve found it’s schematics and have enough Textile, Plastic and Thread), the value of Heal Amount skill has gone down.

Also, this skill has diminishing return if you upgrade it past level 1, since max HP that you can ever heal, is 99, making the advanced first aid kit’s heal value of 105 or 120, partial waste.

Without knowing your looting practice, i can’t tell if the same continues on. But that much i can say, that once you’ll make your way out of Archipelago, things change. :wink: Since the entire Archipelago region is one big tutorial and it contains the weakest of machines. Also, there aren’t that many around either. So, brace yourself. :slight_smile:

Taking and upgrading skill makes any sense if picked complementary “+max health” skill with corresponding tier levels and this pair usually used in tanky builds or if you have problems with damage control (or avoiding it) and staying alive.

While Health Amount skill increases your total HP (+10%, +20% or +30%), It reduces the bonus from Heal Amount skill.

Since i do not have Health Amount skill (only Heal Amount level 1), i haven’t been able to test in-depth, how much HP each first aid kit heals in combination with Health Amount skill, on different skill levels.

What i’ve tested so far, comes from another topic:

Though, based on these numbers, we can further calculate how many HP is healed with first aid kits, when Heal Amount and Health Amount have been unlocked (either individually or both).

Only Heal Amount unlocked:

Heal Amount level 1 (+20%):

Heal Amount level 2 (+40%):

Heal Amount level 3 (+60%):
simple: 25 HP normal, 40 HP with +60% bonus
standard: 50 HP normal, 80 HP with +60% bonus
advanced: 75 HP normal, 120 HP with +60% bonus

Only Health Amount unlocked:
(Note: i don’t have that skill and following is unconfirmed.)

Health Amount level 1 (+10%):
simple: 25 HP normal, 22.5 HP with -10% reduction
standard: 50 HP normal, 45 HP with -10% reduction
advanced: 75 HP normal, 67.5 HP with -10% reduction

Health Amount level 2 (+20%):
simple: 25 HP normal, 20 HP with -20% reduction
standard: 50 HP normal, 40 HP with -20% reduction
advanced: 75 HP normal, 60 HP with -20% reduction

Health Amount level 3 (+30%):
simple: 25 HP normal, 17.5 HP with -30% reduction
standard: 50 HP normal, 35 HP with -30% reduction
advanced: 75 HP normal, 52.5 HP with -30% reduction

Now, things get complicated. :thinking:

Heal Amount level 1 + different levels of Health amount unlocked:

Heal Amount level 1 (+20%) + Health Amount level 1 (+10%) = +10% bonus
simple: 25 HP normal, 27.5 HP with +10% bonus
standard: 50 HP normal, 55 HP with +10% bonus
advanced: 75 HP normal, 82.5 HP with +10% bonus

Heal Amount level 1 (+20%) + Health Amount level 2 (+20%) = no bonus/reduction since they cancel each other out
simple: 25 HP
standard: 50 HP
advanced: 75 HP

Heal Amount level 1 (+20%) + Health Amount level 3 (+30%) = -10% reduction
simple: 25 HP normal, 22.5 HP ~23 HP with -10% reduction (from my testing, proved by video)
standard: 50 HP normal, 45 HP ~46HP with -10% reduction (from my testing, proved by video)
advanced: 75 HP normal, 67.5 HP with -10% reduction

Heal Amount level 2 + different levels of Health amount unlocked:

Heal Amount level 2 (+40%) + Health Amount level 1 (+10%) = +30% bonus
simple: 25 HP normal, 27.5 HP with +30% bonus
standard: 50 HP normal, 65 HP with +30% bonus
advanced: 75 HP normal, 97.5 HP with +30% bonus

Heal Amount level 2 (+40%) + Health Amount level 2 (+20%) = +20% bonus

Heal Amount level 2 (+40%) + Health Amount level 3 (+30%) = +10% bonus
simple: 25 HP normal, 27.5 HP with +10% bonus
standard: 50 HP normal, 55 HP with +10% bonus
advanced: 75 HP normal, 82.5 HP with +10% bonus

Heal Amount level 3 + different levels of Health amount unlocked:

Heal Amount level 3 (+60%) + Health Amount level 1 (+10%) = +50% bonus
simple: 25 HP normal, 32.5 HP with +50% bonus
standard: 50 HP normal, 75 HP with +50% bonus
advanced: 75 HP normal, 112.5 HP with +50% bonus

Heal Amount level 3 (+60%) + Health Amount level 2 (+20%) = +40% bonus

Heal Amount level 3 (+60%) + Health Amount level 3 (+30%) = +30% bonus
simple: 25 HP normal, 27.5 HP with +30% bonus
standard: 50 HP normal, 65 HP with +30% bonus
advanced: 75 HP normal, 97.5 HP with +30% bonus

I think i got my math right. :thinking:

If i did, having only Heal Amount skill, at level 2 or 3, wastes HP from advanced first aid kits, since it heals more than 100 HP. Same goes when you have Heal Amount at level 3 with Health Amount at level 2 or 3. Advanced first aid kit then also heals more than 100 HP.

tl;dr - healthbar is misleading due to showing percentage, not real numbers.

All that math doesn’t include the fact, that health bar is percentage and there’s no “reduction” - as “Meat Tank Vanguard Main” I tell you - I can tank more hits (like take on three shots of Concussion rifle in guerilaa). Heal+health deal with absolute numbers, reagarding bar.
No “health” has 10 hp on bar for “Saving Grace” threshold. With full “health” you have 8hp, but essentially same amount of damage before you die.
Waste comes with “heal” where it has more chances to hit max health.

Well, how would you then explain the results i got in my testing video? :thinking:

No matter how you look at it, it doesn’t make sense that e.g simple first aid kit, with Heal Amount +20% and Health Amount +30% heals exactly 10% less (the difference between two skills), than it does normally. Instead of 25 (without Heal Amount) or 30 (with Heal Amount 1), it healed 23 (22.5 rounded up).

Oh, sorry, skipped it.
I remember there was a talk about this bug with testing - heal amount doesn’t affect healer skill. There’s a theory that the amount healer gives you depends on your heal amount skill or even not affected at all. So you were healing your lab victim test player with his heal amount skill. He should repeat that testing with own medkits to confirm it.

I can test it myself this evening, but results will be late at night.
If you want we can test and conclude it once and for all (and add some little sweat for devs :slight_smile: ). I have both chars that have and have not these stats.

If you have time, sure, make a gameplay recording, showing how much HP you gain with different first aid kits by using both of your chars. :slight_smile:

Having more info in this matter is helpful to make sense of it all. :smile:

I was the test player in the vid. iirc that was my second character. Which had the max health skill, as well as full heal amount skill. There is a small chance it was my vanguard build, which does not have the heal amount skill at all. But I have been maining my second character for a while now. So more likely to be that one.

Edit: Wait nvm, it has to be my first character. Since I state this in the original thread where the vid was posted.

1 Like

Disclaimer: I’ve had to use some forbidden magic to speed up the process and test was rushed, so there’s some skips, mistakes and some wrong numbers (due to rounding), but goal for this test is to show that health bar is actually percentage and skills “health” and “heal” amounts are working with sacrificing precise numbers during test - I deemed ratios on bigger health amount should suffice as an argument. Fire from destroyed car used to receive controlled amount of damage.

So, table of content:
Difficulty doesn’t affect self-damage: either Adventure and Guerilla battered red canister (RC) will hurt player for 60% without any skills.

No skills RC - 60%, Saving threshold 10%
Advanced medkit (Adv): + 75%
Paramedic Rescue Pack: + 20%
Standart medkit (Std): +50%
Simple medkit(Sim): + 25%

Health amount T1 (+10%): RC -55%
PRP +19%
Std: +46%
Sim: +22%
Adv: - skipped

Health amount T2 (+20%) RC -50%
Sim: +21%
Std: +42%
Adv: +63%
PRP: +16%

Health Amount T3 (+30%) RC - 46% /saving threshold 8%
Adv: +57%
Std: +39%
Sim: +19%
PRP: +15%

Next series of test contnued on Health Amount T3, since power of healing gives more percentage per tier, than health “capacity”.

Heal T1 (+20%)
PRP: +16%
Std: +46%
Sim: +23%
Adv: +69%

Heal T2 (+40%)
PRP: +15% (last charge)
Adv: +80%
Std: +54%
Sim:+27%

Heal T3 (+60%)
Adv: +93%
Std: +63%
Sim: +31%

Conclusion:
PRP - not affected by heal amount skill, as seen with two last charges (Heal T1 and Heal T2) - difference in numbers (16, then 15) shows that there’s rounding in place. For developers: if PRP uses same code chunk as “healer” this may lead to why “heal amount” isn’t worknig with “healer” skill and PRP. Or needed confirmation “bug or feature”.

Also note the pace in losing health, when health near “Saving grace” threshold - It drain slower than on higher health. I think it’s an intented feature as “last chance” mechanic, since there is this threshold and existing of “Last Man Standing” skill, which uses similar mechanic (although I have yet to test is in depth).
I suppose that is the root of rounding “mistakes” and I conclude that health bar is non-linear in behavior and have non-integers as real numbers.

Skills do work - it’s health bar indication which mess up perception. It’s advised to have higher tier of “health amount” before “heal amount”, since latter have stronger percentage and often will lead to “overheal” which is basically health wasted. Also note similar numbers between “Health amount T2” and “Heal amount T1” (both 20%)