Home Base, Feature Requests

I would like the ability to have a 45° rotation so you can have defenses on the corners of your base seeing as how your only allowed 5 offensive structures

While I like the feelings about the separate storages one must be wary too. Keep in mind right now it’s not “tied” to anything but your save game. If some bug happens, and bases get wiped out, and the storage is set up at a per base location, you just lost everything. If we go that route we’ll be backing ourselves into a corner. It’s a lot to ask for them to replace if something happens too. Which means you’ll get nothing back. This has already happened so it’s not just a possibility it is a high probability. That’s not being mean that’s just how it goes. No one can plan for everything but you can limit possibilities. This opens up too many. Now if in a separate system they add space in bunkers or such im all for it.

1 Like

The base restrictions seem to limit how big a base can get and how many objects you can put in it, but in practice only limits the number of walls you can put up and seems to be random at each base, as my fire team and I have a lot of the same bases (the ones in the middle of nowhere that we can use as additional safehouse/fast travel points), and the number of walls we can put up at the same base varies from about 50 to almost 200. That’s a lot of complexity variation.

Now, I went into base building, way back when, thinking I could create tower defense style mazes. That quickly disappeared because the number of available walls was WAY short of what I required, and the machines just shoot the walls and destroy them, instead of taking the paths of least resistance. So now my fire team and I have a simple plan, putting a wall around the crafting machines and core, with baffles as exists, no gates unless we need extra walls, and towers on the outside, where they can be shot first so we have base defense repair targets ready to go for the next time that daily comes up. Hunting towers and pillboxes are fine, and if I have enough walls, I’ll put a ring of wooden towers inside for the second floor walk around, and a concrete wall outside for durability.

We really need to be able to vary the designed more.

How about adding a Companion Station option for Base Building at Control Points?? As it is, I have to fast travel to a Home base with a CS, fix my Companion, then fast travel back to my Control Station Base. Just thinking.

2 Likes

Yes, we’ve asked for that, too.

1 Like

Just toggle your gates to manual.:wink:

You’re answering on a post 2 years ago where this option didn’t exist.