Home Base, Feature Requests

it is just good to fight fot your country and sweden (still is) in the 80s was very much like that we will not stop fighting for our freedom. And i think FNIX in still some way wants to serve sweden, i mean it probably made new military class machines, they have Swedish markings and names, the reaper is named in Swedish then “Liemannen”, i think it maybe is fighting for its own idea of Sweden.

2 Likes

Base Support Pack:
Resistance Sniper Tower - A protected tower housing a Resistance marksman with a high-powered sniper rifle. The sharpshooter will use precision fire to pick off any hostile units that come into their field of view.

Can not build because Pillboxes are maxed out.
I thought this pack would work in tandem with the Base Defense Pack.
Why call it a Support Pack if you cant support your key Defensive structures?

The Category Limit needs to be 10 or change the icon to a bullet or something so players can not build 10 pillboxes/launchers.

I wasted money thinking I could Support my existing base, and not have to sacrifice Wood or Cement walls for Chain Link Fence, and Pillbox/Launchers for Sniper Tower.

3 Likes

Please allow us to be able to repair the entire base from hitting something instead of finding every last broken piece, it gets annoying having to spend 30mins repairing after every assault.

7 Likes

Similar with how Fallout 76 tackles base repair using the C.A.M.P. toolbox, we should be able to interact with the main building of the base to repair all destroyed structures, as long as we have the required materials.

4 Likes

My only issues I’ve endured with the base building so far is the defense of each wall is garbage for the costs, and if you’ve not triple stacked your walls three deep, with medium to hard difficulty, those walls are likely not going to survive. So in between waves, you’re building new walls, so I guess you get pretty fast as placing walls between waves. I agree with a lot of these people here, the ability to either repair all at once, or the ability to earn say “experimental” walls, like we have with the ammo and weapons, that give a huge boost to defense and maybe a resistance to certain ammo used against it, but would cost more mats to produce. Also how come our walls are like a wet noodle compared the FNIX walls when they take over a control point. Hell, their tier one wall section can withstand 4 rockets before they fall. Our walls can’t even handle a barrage of 44 Cal bullets from a medium sized robot before it’s sending smoke signals screaming “fix me”.

The pillboxes have the worst defense out of nearly all the buildable things for defense. You’re almost better off not even using pillboxes at all and taking your chances with an assault rifle or an LMG outside of the gate running around mowing things down periodically throwing flares and using boomboxes to lure to robots away to fix a wall or two. Which I ended up doing as those pillboxes get melted pretty quickly with a medium difficulty after about a wave or so. And if you have about 5k ammo in each one… it’ll fill up your storage box pretty damned quick, virtually rendering your storage box unusable until you build new boxes and put the ammo back. After a few times of having to build new pillboxes and refill them with the ammo that had overfilled my storage box. Walls are easier and faster to replace than those pillboxes. Lesson learned.

I suggest each base you’ve captured and built upon should have it’s own ammo box separate from any other control point and your storage box that feeds all pillboxes and/or any defense placed down, so if and when they’re destroyed, it doesn’t over fill your storage box (or give us more storage space to compensate, I know we already have enough…), it just goes back into the ammo box that the control point is on, then you can equip all pillboxes with specific ammo placed in that box, rather than manually filling each individual inventory with the ammo from your storage box. Just kind of seems redundant if you ask me, we already have a cap on weight in our storage box when it’s maxed, and our characters can’t carry anymore than 96 pounds. You’d think with all this running around with heavy ammo, and weapons, we’d be he-man or she-ra and be able to carry much more weight than 96 lbs, or figure out how to build an “experimental” exo suit that increases carrying weight, and maybe a mounted weapon of some sort, or the ability to mount one of our experimental weapons to it. I mean we’ve been killing these robots for years now, we should have been able to reverse engineer something by now to use. Anyways, the pillboxes are a cool feature by having resistance fighters join in the fight, but they’re virtually weak right now, shoot slower than any assault or lmg in the game, it’s almost like they have a 5 round burst then wait 5 seconds before they shoot another 5 rounds, than having full auto. If they had different variations to use for those pillboxes, faster fire rate, and have much more defense on them, they might be useful in the future.

The ability to turn off the fnix bases. Not all of us want this game to be strictly base building. What happened to the story?

Not all of us want to go around destroying bases or having visitors drop in our home base and have it turned into a fnix base where we lose the home base. I have been avoiding going into the forest region to keep the fnix bases from spawning. Then yesterday a player went to my home base, and it turned into a fnix base. Then another fnix base popped up.

3 Likes

For me base building and the defense missions are ok. It’s nothing I do in general, but sometimes if I don’t know what to do, I build.

Important: nobody should expect that a resistance base can defend all waves itself. It just helps you defending the base. So nobody should expect that the base doesn’t get damaged or even destroyed during a defense mission.

The fact that pillboxes are destroyed fast compared to other structures is founded in their purpose. They try to destroy the incoming machines and therefore are their primary targets. They get hit more often.

Besides of that I support a “repair all” or “autorepair” function, maybe with subcategories (walls/traps/pillboxes, turrets and bunker, everything).

I’d wish to have a rebalancing of the buildlimits and/or categories of structures as well, maybe with seperated limits for dlc-structures.

Well when you’ve done nearly everything besides extensive collectable searching or the clothing challenges, what else do you have to do besides rival farming, and base building and FNIX base destroying? Even after that, the mats restriction to 500lbs in the box just means you need to take over more control points and build them up to maintain the games limitations to both your carrying weight, and the weight of your components box. IMO I believe each base you’ve captured should have its own ammo/components box to repair and replenish ammo of your defenses to that base, separate from your own limited storage box/recycle bench.

Maybe, maybe not. What should happen to the stored items if your base got destroyed?

• get lost?
  • move to your inventory?
  • move to your plundra?

Be lost, just like the base. I believe thats a fair trade, if you lost your base, you shouldn’t be able to get anything from it, materials, ammo or anything. Same with the pillboxes, if they get destroyed, rather than the ammo all funneling back into your storage box, they get destroyed instead.

This way, people wont be picking missions they can’t possibly defend by themselves, picking off more than they can chew.

1 Like

Alright so I play the home base feature and home base defense is fun is alright but I see a lot of problem in it. It become boring over time the more I play this game. Since is a feature then why not make it different from the main story by what I mean is, main story you kill robot and loot but in base building you can be creative and let our creativity run wild. So we can still enjoy the game, when you guys are still planning for the next update and when. Due to the fact that everything is the same when we are waiting, what we need to do is kill robot again and again and it become very very boring the more it go.

Now suggestion:

1.Make the building have more health. The reason is: Let’s say wall, what is wall for? Block bullet so it will not dmg the base. But is too easy to break so what the wall for?
2.Build Limit. Due to the fact that it have build limit, Our creativity can’t run wild. Like we want to but a castle but because of build limit we can’t.
3.Make it more challenging. Because of the build limit change and the game also have cap point, player must build a good defense when they leave the base. The reason why is because if they don’t, the robot will try to take back the cap.
4.DLC problem. Let’s be honest I am a big fan of base building game and open world. The moment I heard a discount and the DLC base building pack. The first thing I do is to buy it all. But when I can build I felt very disappointed not because is lame. Is the cap limit. It make me very sad.

That is all the suggestion I can give maybe the more base defense I play the more suggestion I can give. Who knows

I agree with the build limits, especially for the dlc-items. I once suggested to make own categories for dlc items, not shared with the basic base-items.

But I don’t agree with even much higher limits for the rest. It’s just a small base which helps us to defend the control points. They don’t have to able to defend them themselves, because they don’t get attacked, if we don’t trigger it.

Well, roaming machines may damage or destroy something, while we’re inside, because they try to attack us players. But nothing more.

And I don’t agree with higher health points for the structures. We are the ones who have to defend the base, like I said before.

You want it more challenging on the one hand, but more health for the structures and higher build-limits on the other hand.
Believe me if I tell you, that it already became much more challenging and less repeating /more changeable than before. The waves change, which wasn’t before and there are many, many tanks now, instead of just 1 or 2 before.

Did you try the differences when placing special ammo into the pill boxes, turrets, towers?

Have you ever seen a base defense where the turrets shoot emp rockets and the pill boxes experimental shock ammo? :wink:

1 Like

Ideas for the game as discussed by my group:

1. Spend Command Points to EXPAND the base. Not just the area you can build, but the number of walls, pillboxes, gates, traps, amenities, etc. that are available to be placed. I like base building. Stop hampering my creativity.
  2. Be able to improve the existing placeables, such as upgradable pillboxes, tougher walls, more/stronger healing stations.
  3. Create living quarters, like tents and little caravans inside your base where NPCs can actually come and join the Resistance to give the world a more 'life is returning" look to it, since, let’s fact it, FNIX is on the backfoot in most of our games.
  4. Mountains Control Points when?
  5. Control Points in the other zones when?
  6. Himfall(sp?) Control Points when?
  7. Interactions with static NPCs when? I mean, it’s nice to finally meet Anita, but she’s not very chatty except during the quest lines. We should be able to have random flavor chat with her.
  8. “Radiant” quests to replace dailies. We need small quests to replace the dailies, with some backstory, NPC lead-in, radio chatter, and FNIX smack talk. The game feels stagnant and boring without interactions. It’s almost Fallout 76 levels of boring.
  9. The dailies really suck. One in particular: Assault 7 bases (which only gives 3 pts). Destroy 3 Generators gives 3 pts. One of these clearly takes 10 times longer to complete than the other. Destroy 3 bases? Maybe. 7? No. The bases don’t respawn fast enough to make that worthwhile on a weekly rotation. And not for 3 pts. And I miss hunting specific enemies w/ or w/o the requirement of doing it with a specific weapon. I haven’t been to the Marshlands in six months. Why bother when I never have to deal with Wolves or Lynxes? Half the game is sitting fallow because it’s been abandoned.

Heres my Suggestions for Bases…

1: increase turret cap… to 8 instead of 5. this allows us to at least have 2 turrets per side. instead of only having 1 per side, then 1 thats just misc.

2: Verticle Bases… We are humans, not bots.

3:Retrofitted Robot Turret. Basically have a bot turret that we can place down. the thing thats on ground is the “Charge Station” The Bot itself does simply patrol around our base. we can use another item thats basically a marker to designate it’s path. During defense missions the bot will act accordinly as if a hostile bot, but view the enemy bots as if they were “players” this attacking them… Also having Retrofitted Robots means we’d have to hunt various bots to build the turrets… the type of bot we get is based on the type of bots we salvaged. from basic to Apocolypse. of course No Reapers.

4:Retrofit Firebird. : after alot of hunting missions. theres a chance to aquire parts to the firebird. this retrofitted version will hover about the base. and is a 1/1 its not a turret, and will fly about above the base itself and engage from the air. perhaps add a nifty landing pad for it to rest in prior to being Deployed. this allows us to change it’s paintjobs etc.

5: NPC Support… :: we got NPC in storyline and such we come across, why not have some of the npc resistance soldiers at our bases. then when we fight , we fight alongside the resistance members.

1 Like

Verticality. I want to be able to build levels. I want upper floors. I want to be able to dig basements and bunkers. I’d like to make a tower that looks like a big middle finger to FNIX just so he knows I’m still around and he can’t kill me so easily.

Also, death laser when?

2 Likes

My recommendation and thoughts is.
1 : remove the base creation restriction
2: add to be able to create a house something where you can be more protected.
3: the inventory system would have to be independent. In order to have your loot more orderly and neat.

4: Everything else is perfect for my taste. I think that what I mentioned would be enough. I don’t think more things are needed. I returned to the game after three and a half years and I really love what you do, keep it up!!!

I guess the restriction is some kind of protection against having too many objects on the screen for better performance.
But I agree somehow. I would like to have upgradeable bases with each level giving you more to build.

I don’t think that we need something to be protected that way. It’s not about to save us, but the command center.

I partially agree with that. In some ways we already have that. The pillboxes/armed structures for ammo, the medical trailers for first aid kits. Seperated storages for each base must all be saved, that’s a lot data. I like to be able to access my plundra, a seperated storage as additional option would be too much.

I just would like to add that I would love to be able to build on higher or lower levels. Trenches, traps,… Or even higher walls and walks.

For a home base, wouldn’t it be best to make a bunker/hanger a defendable position? Most bunkers, deeper inside them, have the permanent storage, recycle and crafting stations and already the assignment station. Even with the LIMITED defense bunkers and pill boxes, it would be easy to layer defense systems with walls and other such buildable items.

1 Like

In point one I refer more than anything to.
that the player decides where to create his base since there are many places that are really very good and not only because of the landscape but also as a strategic point and not that the AI decides where you can or have to create it. This would also lead to a base limit per region. one base per region I think it would be better and you build it wherever you want

at point two. you want to be right Maybe what is needed is more than anything out there a system to be able to make a roof or have the possibility of creating or closing all that space of the command center with a roof to leave it more protected

and point three. The inventory. I think it would be better for each zone to have its inventory and not share it with the rest. and when you create your base that inventory is from that base and not global.

And with respect to the creation of base elements, if it is very limited, I think the player would have to decide that.