Hotfix announced - mid of september

People usually dont change fast enough.
But dont have too much hope…we shall see if they actually manage to fix the latest issues, time will tell.

I’m currently forcing myself to take a break from Gen Z , and all this is making me think I made the right choice.
I think once the fix drops I will jump back in, however I’ve had no major issues in solo play on Series X, I’m not going to bash the devs on this as I’m sure they didn’t want any of this, Gen Z has always been love hate, or get frustrated maybe, but it’s still something I wouldn’t want to loose :v:🫣

2 Likes

The dev team doesn’t make much money though, they sell micropacks and even then, the playerbase probably isn’t large enough for them to make a lot of money off them

I came here because I randomly thought about the game. I noticed they updated the game in August (I visited the website) and that now everyone is waiting for a hotfix.

I have to say I’m a bit skeptical about this game ever getting the needed level of polish it deserves… Even the list of “Known Issues” in the August patch note is concerning because I feel like those bugs were already known issues before.

That being said, this current “unpolish” situation is certainly not exclusive to Generation Zero. (I can name “State of Decay 2” and “No Man’s Sky” as two games having the same problems.)

I still think that the Avalanche Studios Group should allocate more funds to this project, mostly to polish it once and for all. :man_shrugging:

That’s a bit harsh. They’re a small dev team working on a big game with a complicated engine.
I can guarantee, from what I’ve seen personally that there’s a lot of love and thought that goes into making it. It’s not just about the money.

5 Likes

Is small team working with a complicated engine a good excuse though? I mean at the end of the day GZ is a product that’s meant to make Systemic reaction money. Sure, passion and love for a project isn’t gone because of that. However more than 3 years and GZ still has loads of issues in performance and various other things, that isn’t really a good image.

Far too many games these days are released as “live service” or “updated later”, but that’s just an awful excuse to release a product as early access when it really isn’t. Now had GZ been advertised as early access then I would understand. Sure everything I just said doesn’t mean anything in the end, because of the TOS. Pretty words and excuses can only go so far

2 Likes

Being a small team is not the real problem because even a huge team will turn out mediocre or buggy products if the set goals are way beyond available resources or time.

You’re not wrong. I’m just going on what I’ve experienced for myself. I just don’t think it’s solely based on monetary gains, unlike some much bigger devs I can think of.

1 Like

I love playing Gen Zero from the day I started playing it. I love it so much I read the BIOS of the team on this forum the day I joined the forum. What not to like about them. Seems they are passionate about what they do but there are restrictions to everything. I don’t like the crashes; I don’t like the bugs and issues the game has. Every time there is an update, there are issues afterwards that seem to iron themselves out over time. I forget the issues after the update that just disappear till the next update.

I went two days with zero crashes…Was thinking that it hadn’t crashed on me in some time… then it did. So now I hate the Dev team…till they fix it and then I love the game again and love the Dev team. I think we are part of the game!

Like anything else in real life, avoid the broken bits and enjoy the things that work.

2 Likes

You must be kidding :rofl:

Strange things are happening…

Don’t you know these situations, where you, for example, hear a song and suddenly have to think of a game/movie/memory of the past?

2 Likes

:alien: :alien:

I just logged on Steam, and something’s downloading for GZ. That means the hotfix is out, I guess? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really ? Please be so kind and keep us informed if there are any changes to a better state of the game.

Hi,
Do you have a screenshot?
Can you check the versions?

Edit:
Just checked on ps5:
Downloading V. 1.32

EDIT: I can say the Recon Hotfix is the best update in years. Keep it up.

Profit is always part of anything the devs do with this game, and there is really nothing wrong about that, but it becomes counter-productive when it takes the sole driver. Sadly, I think this line has already been crossed. I also believe they are now really trying to fix it.

When they released the Landfall Update, where ammo casing destroy player structures, for me that was the red line. There is just no way that beta-testers could have not reported that but it still got released.

The release of Base Assault Update on April 7 and publishing a letter saying on April 22 saying: “This is currently causing many people (upwards of 40% of users) who are engaging with combat/base assault/base defense to only be able to get one base to spawn. After which, nothing spawns on the map regardless of how high a player pushes the region score.” For me it just a confirmation of my suspicion.

A dev said:
“Unfortunately not something we can fix over night. Its our top priority to solve though and hope to have that fix soon! The DLC was scheduled for release long before we got the first reports if this issue and since it dont effect all players we decided to release as planned. Not easy to reschedule releases.”
https://steamcommunity.com/app/704270/eventcomments/3278066986680379649?snr=2_9_100015_&ctp=3#c3278066986691285438

The hotfix is out:

6 Likes

Yep, the hotfix is here, all 18Gb of it. I just did daily assignments and not once did I hear or experience infinite ticks even when close to FNIX bases so at the moment it all looks good. The only downside, at least in my case, is that all my gnomes in Hagaboda have gone. Every last one of them, even though I still have all my multitude of bases at high level. Have they been removed from the game completely?

I’m pretty sure the gnomes were symptoms of the bug and not a feature. Losing the gnomes is a good thing in the long run.

Just installing the update myself. I’ll be amazed if it fixes my save, but my fingers are crossed.

I’m sure the gnomes will return when we least expect it…

1 Like