How Long Did Fashionista Trophy Take For You All?

I’ve heard the Fashionista (collect two hundred different cosmetic items) can take a looong time to get…how was it for you all?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Honestly man, no clue. It took forever though. i think the last trophy i got other than collectables and post graduate. so maybe 100 hours? You get duplicates all the time

1 Like

One hundred hours JUST FOR FASHIONISTA?

@MarkNcheese42

1 Like

cuz of glitch i only just got it, i would have had it ages ago

1 Like

@Admiralgamer

What glitch?

1 Like

search on forums fashionista, there are multiple talks of it

2 Likes

Ok I will thanks.

@Admiralgamer

1 Like

Took me something between 60 and 100 hours but i did loot every single box i found (that is a must). You´l get it eventually.

1 Like

Sorry, like you played the game, doing all story, other trophies, etc, along the way for 60-100 hours before you unlocked Fashionista?

Or you had to do an EXTRA 60-100 hours just for Fashionista?

Thanks in advance.

@Mr_A1992

1 Like

The game normally since the beginning, not “extra hours”.

Ohhhh hmmmm okthanks

1 Like

A year ago, this achievement wasn’t working properly, so it didn’t unlock when I had collected enough.
For my part, I started up GZ after the november '19 update was installed, and when I entered a game I immediately achieved Fashionista.
Luckily, I couldn’t care less about achievements! :joy:

Other than that, I don’t know if it only counts clothing you pick up from the world, or also your starting clothes and clothes bought in DLC’s? If it’s only from pick-ups, well 200 items is a lot, especially when you consider that you’ll find every item multiple times. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So I counted all non Vanity Pack items in each of my clothing categories (ie, every category listed under the profile menu).

Does that mean I may actually be close to Fashionista’s 200?

@Aesyle @NJR87

1 Like

There are multiple ways to collect clothing in total:

1. Collecting items from loot containers and machines.
  2. Creating new characters in all available varieties, gives you all their starting clothes.
  3. Completing challenges.
  4. Buying vanity packs.

The items you get from creating new characters are all lootable from the world, so it’s possible that doing this counts toward Fashionista. The game may not “notice” if you get these items one way or the other. I would guess points 1 and 2 both count.
Points 3 and 4 probably shouldn’t count, to be fair. They might, though. I don’t know. :slight_smile:
@FilthyLittleGodPS4

1 Like

@NJR87

I already have 3 mule characters LOL!

But thank you for the great tips!

EDIT: maybe I’ll delete one!

1 Like

From the depths of forum, comes this official explanation from dev about Fashionista and it’s requirements,
link: PS4 trophy "Fashionista" When is it getting fixed?

Just took a look at my achievement list:

First Blood - Destroy your first machine. Unlocked 1 May @ 11:49am
Fashionista - Collect 200 items of apparel. Unlocked 4 May @ 1:48pm

As I mentioned some time ago, I created ‘new’ characters with different clothes sets and started the game with each of them, then erased them. Might have boosted the acquisition rate, but not by much.

1 Like

Far far far too long.

1 Like

60-100 hours over 9 Months?

@Anon302611

1 Like

Huh, that’s interesting. Checking my Steam achievements reveals that I’ve apparently achieved Fashionista, which I was not aware of. I got the game on June 23rd and achieved Fashionista on July 21st. I haven’t actively tried to accomplish any Steam achievement at all and I’ve just focused on the game.

Now, while I don’t think it’s necessarily wrong, I’m somewhat surprised as to why anyone cares about achievements to the point of letting it bother them. Sure, they’re nice, and I understand that the feeling of accomplishment is good. But what do you actually get out of an achievement or trophy in the long run? An intangible badge in the form of a digital image, some text and some virtual points on your Steam page or Xbox/Playstation page. It’s not like it’s an actual physical trophy or medal that you display in your house or your apartment and look at all the time. Unless you go to your achievement page or trophy page every day, I would say it’s likely you’re not going to remember any given achievement there at least a month if not one week from the day you complete it.

I apologize if I seem harsh about it, but as I said I don’t think it’s wrong to want to complete achievements and I’m not judging anyone. It’s just that I consider the overall game experience to be far more meaningful. That is what matters, because the experience you have with a game is what you’re there for and it is what you’re going to remember even years from now. If achievements or trophies have even the slightest negative impact on the experience you have with a game, then they are irrelevant to it.

I have studied game development at a university level, and some scientific definitions of “game” actually state that if anything impacts the process of playing a game to the point that it completely disrupts said game and negatively changes your experience of it, then it simply ceases to be a game. So if actively chasing down achievements/trophies and completing them heightens your immersion and enjoyment of a game, then go for it. But if achievements/trophies negatively impact your experience, ignore them and simply focus on playing the game.

You’re going to get a lot of achievements/trophies by just playing the game anyway; like I said in the beginning, I just focus on playing the game, and I’ve apparently gotten 54% of achievements without trying to get even a single one.

2 Likes