How to improve GZ as a FPS - Problem 1- Mouse sens in Scopes

Thank you guys for sharing your expiriences on consols here too. I thought it is only a PC issue but it looks like it is the general way the gane is programmed. Therefor it might take that long to implement.

1 Like

Hmmm, I’ve had a few trackballs, sir, and the last 2 both had build-in acceleration?
My wife has a mouse with such accelerator?

So you had an accelerating mouse arrow on desktop even if you disabled the acceleration in windows? Thats interessting.
But nevertheless, I think the only good way is that the devs implement the correction factors i described above or give us a sens slider for each zoom level. I really hope they can realize it soon.

1 Like

Once again, my good sir: 100% agreement.
If you are correct, then you just are that: correct! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Its incredible frustrating as soon as a i look into a scope or sight, my aim speed drops to nothing. If i zoom in a lot with a 4x8 then its goes up again, but in close combat, firing from the hip is better than aiming down a scope/sight. I have turned up my sensitivity but that does almost nothing. Can the aim speed be consistent regardless of zoomed in on scope or not?

3 Likes

I had this with my mini sniper. A 4x zoom makes it impossible to follow even a seeker :joy:

2 Likes

One does this, normally, in GZ: pre-aim unscoped, scope in, then fine aim, shoot…
For new target: unscope, pre-aim, …

Also, in settings you can alter AIM speed, sir.

I have changed the settings, it still god awful. I cant even keep recoil down on a the A4 rifle with a 2x scope.

1 Like

@DaKoTa
Sir, use single shot, or fire in small bursts…

I fire in burst of 4. Its still doesn’t change a thing. Also it doesn’t change the fact that aiming with a sniper is equally annoying. What may work for you, aint working for me.

3 Likes

True, it was for me the same, sir…
I had to adjust as well…

Same issue topics merged.

//Mod

1 Like

Q: Will the issue be fixed in the upcoming update? Because the optical sight is not yet possible to use.

I haven’t heard anything that confirmes that but they said several times that want to offer us more settings so I hope we can at least fix it by ourselfs then.
But i have this hope now for over a year so I do not expect it :-/

This is kinda annoying that this hasn’t been changed in all this time. I just got into this game on xbox one about 2 weeks ago and have been really liking it. Though, once I got lower zoomed scopes, either the 1-4x rifle scope or 2x red dot scope, I was really put off using them since my zoomed aim speed was basically cut in half and slowed way too far down to be usable.

The game really needs to add extra aim sensitivity settings for each zoom level.

3 Likes

On Ps4 using red dot is horribly slow. In closer range i fire from the hip if the gun has red dot. Because it’s like moving something in syryp when aiming down the sight.

1 Like

Two replies moved to relevant topic.

//Mod

I almost lost my hope to see a change but the devs finally implemented an option to solve this Mouse sens issue while zooming.

To ALL PC players out there, test this out for you!

Go to:
Settings / Game
and scroll down to this option

As the description says the sens is than proportional to the zoom level.
I tested it and you need to move the mouse by the same distance to overpass the angel you currently see in all zoom levels. You probably have to tweak the Aim Sensetivity (Settings / Keyboard/Mouse) a bit but its absolutly worth it. I tried a value of 45% and it works good for me:

So it does exaclty what I wanted and with this turned ON the mouse sens feels sooooo much better.

Thank you devs that you implemented this option and maybe Pontus can show everybody who watches the streams that this option exists and what it does.

Thank you very much.

3 Likes

I appreciate this new feature too. Although aim sensitivity was at 110% for me initially almost making me sick at first :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This was a much anticipated feature - and it works well! :sunglasses: