Humorous incidents

Anyone else noticed that the 2x NPCs playing cards at bear hotel have the identical card hand? Even the cards order at hand is same.

2 Likes

Card cheats! Just shoot them - it’s no more than they deserve…

I assume they have come out of the basement after the horde, is that right? My lot are still in the basement and frankly, for all the help they are, they can stay there. Shoot them, it’s kindness…

2 Likes

Immersion shmersion - if they spoil my peaceful shopping trip then they’re going down. It used to be so nice - there goes the neighbourhood!

Speaking of immersion, I tried immersing a pair of hunters over here

1 Like

That is actually amazing. I can’t decide what’s better, the lure working underwater or machines just happily running to their deaths.

Edit: It’s fun to make Ticks jump to their doom when you’re near water.

1 Like

Gotta think guerilla!

1 Like

Apparently this door contained such wisdom it gave me a trophy. :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

It’s an easter egg, a reference to the classic folk wisdom “you make a good door but a shit window.” Now you know. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Flick LOL I knew it!!!

1 Like

There is a saying in German, that might reflect it: “Wer für alles offen ist, kann nicht ganz dicht sein.”
(Who is open for everything, has a broken seal/is leaking. Meaning being a little crazy.)
Is this a valid translation? :slight_smile:

1 Like

No, peg. Let’s say you’re at a gig or something, and there’s a guy in front who keeps blocking your view and being quite inconsiderate about it. You might tap him on the shoulder and deploy that phrase, probably after an "Oi, mate, "

2 Likes

Well, are you sure, that it is the door that earns you the achievement? All around inside the houses you’ll find embroidered words of wisdom in frames hanging on the walls. If you put focus on them, they will be translated into English. After reading 50 (I guess) of these sayings, you’ll get the Folk Wisdom achievement. I’ve read a million but haven’t got it yet. I do have the Gardener achievement though.

2 Likes

In fact the saying is on the other side of the (thin, oviously) wall to the left of the door. I didn’t want to ruin the moment. :wink:

If I am brave enough, that is. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am sure, House I revisited on stroll through to find loot at times. I’ve read the signs prior. Unless it’s one of those trophies that doesn’t register randomly at first. That could be I suppose. Certainly nothing new in the house to me nor do I reread the house since there context was already known.

I’d guess the achievement does not require reading unique saying.

I read them all on principle, in case I might learn something. But they’re like fingerprints - I seen 'em all and man they’re all the same…

1 Like

Poor guy slipped and drowned in what must be the smallest lake in the whole game.

2 Likes

There’s a rave happening somewhere

I hade a hunter jump off a stone bridge into the river he was standing next to a burning car I guess he got too hot and wanted to cool himself down unfortunately he drowned and I stood there staring at his lifeless corpse submerged below the waters surface

There are no “poor guys” made of metal. What makes it worse is that the cretin can’t even be looted!