Humorous incidents

I think they really are quite a peaceful non-violent race. The problem is you let loose a bunch of college kids with guns and nothing else to do and we started shooting at them. Its all our fault. I have seen early blueprints of the prototype machines that didn’t carry guns. There was the artist version who had an easel and paint palette and the musician variant with guitar and keyboard. The gun and huge sword variants only appeared after we started attacking them.

BTW I think the hunters are all females - if you watch them walking they look like they are in high heels.

2 Likes

I’m moving this thread to Community Content, seems like it would belong better there :slight_smile:
On topic, here’s me trying to hunt down a FNIX Tank and running into heaps and heaps of Hunters.
Bring popcorn :popcorn:

5 Likes

Just another day at the job … :joy::+1:

2 Likes

Me and my 160 Hi-Explosive Grenade Rounds are going on a little walk before I reset my progress.

Edit: With a complete restart of my save and resetting my progress I can confirm that the Plundra does indeed carry your items over to the new game. This is pretty nice, because it feels a lot like a New Game+ :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Last night I made a hunter evaporate! I was on a hill scanning the surroundings for enemies and spotted two hunters in the far distance moving. When I took aim with my rifle only one was still there, I fired and at the very moment the bullet hit with a glimpse … the hunter evaporated. Quite funny to watch. Of course what happened was the hunters moving out of rendering distance. Perhaps this should avoided when a machine is in the viewing scope (even though it admittedly is a rare event).

2 Likes

Is it a truck? Is it a train? Is it a mad trombonist?

…no, it’s a hungry harvester :triumph:

2 Likes
4 Likes

I think it has wind.

1 Like

LOL, new hat fashion “FNIX runner cap backwards”.

Meanwhile, down in the bunker…

Totally didn’t see it and almost pooped my pants when the thing moved.

3 Likes

You were doing so well until you came off your shelf! Best bring them to you there, I reckon. I love that spot for sniping - favourite safe-house.

I’ve been carrying around one of those arrays - never used it, but they work well, don’t they, even after they stop blaring. Interesting that the two mines damaged but didn’t knock over a single Hunter.

1 Like

Any tips on where you found that lot would be gratefully received! Finally getting 7.62, but always struggle for those! I get very hacked off when I’m under fire from a rocket-dog, kill it, and it’s got nothing on it at all…

1 Like

So many containers… so much looting… so little time… it’s hard in the apocalypse.

Safe house with all modern conveniences.

Aww, hello little red truck. Are you hurt? Here, let me help you up.

My insurance company is not gonna believe this.

Hi. Fill her up with lead-free please. And could you check under the hood? There’s a funny ticking noise…

Was it a thing in 80s Sweden that no-one made their bed?

Keeping a car battery in a tool box in your bathroom. Hmm…

Okay. Right. A bunch of Bepp Cola trucks lined up in a military facility. Now why does this not seem legit?

8 Likes

A harvester marking the territory:

The crazy kitchen and the crazy bedroom:

Enjoying a movie night at the cosy safehouse:

8 Likes

Looks like you should do the decorating before you relax with a movie.

1 Like

Rustic country-side home-cosy works fine for me :wink:

2 Likes

Another lovely morning at F23.

I should’ve recorded this fight, ended up against 4 Tanks (2 FNIX, 2 Military), 2 Harvesters, at least 6 Military Hunters and the usual assortment of Runners and Seekers. All I had was a fricken HP5 and a Shotgun. I ran out of all my explosives, all my flares, and by the time I managed to walk out of it I’d lost 15 Adrenaline Shots and was down to some 30 shotgun shells. But look what I got!

5 Likes

Few days ago I joined some random player. He complained, that he couldn’t find a gold AI76. At that time there was already a FNIX harvester nearby, so we’ve ended it existence… and what did I find? A gold AI76 :star_struck:

I dropped it and made that guy very happy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Oh you bastard! I’ve been looking for one of those since the start of the first island - the best I’ve ever seen in a machine was tonight and it was a one-star auto shotgun! It doesn’t give you any ammo to go in it, though, does it?

2 Likes

LOL, yesterday I hit a gold weapon bonanza - found 2 in a row. AG4 from a FNIX Tank and Meusser from FNIX Harvester… literally less than 5 minutes apart :star_struck:

2 Likes

Dont scare the robots, or…

Ringring

5 Likes