Hunter robot bugs

Platform: Xbox one

Good day; my friend who is playing generation zero on the xbox one has found some immersion breaking bugs with the hunter machines; when they have spotted you, unlike most machines in the game, the hunter machines have a bug where once you are inside a building I.e. a barn or upstairs in one of the houses when crouched or not moving and waiting for the detection meter to go down it doesn’t, also they seem to notice you when you are crouch walking; they can also clip through walls either spotting you instantly once again and attack you through the walls, on a side note this bug is particularly irritating when the drop rates of revive pens has been lowered dramatically; he can heal but it shouldn’t be necessary to do so when being attacked through walls. Other than that he is enjoying the game

One thing I do is if a bot is sticking through a wall, I shoot the part sticking through. I have destroyed a few like that. If they can shoot through walls, so can we!

I think that seeing through walls (without glitching) is a normal game feature. Just take a look at one of the vision modes (the blue one) in vision module that You can pick up from some of the dead machines - it does exactly that.

Stimmt Röntgen ist das

1 Like

If that’s the case then fair enough, however it still hits him through a wall and the revive pens seem to have vanished no matter where he loots

Hunters jump through barn walls on ps4 lol i run from barn to barn lol the only places they dont seem to come into properly is the church (holy ground)or the diffirent types of houses.

1 Like

As you progress further into the game some robots are able to see you through the walls as listed above. However I do thank you for reporting this bug in as it always makes a huge contribution. Hitting you through walls and clipping does sound like a bit of a bigger issue. Please fill out the correct format and edit your post, this is just so we can identify the issue easier.

1 Like

Hi @IVESPER110I,

This issue is in our internal bug database and we’ll try our best to resolve it and include a fix in a future patch.

Thank you for your patience and thanks for reporting!

1 Like

That’s great news to hear @SR_knivspark and @ProntoManagement!

There are a few possible fixes that wouldn’t break immersion imho. Please excuse me if these are completely irrelevant, I’m an amateur that happens to love this game so far :smiley:

• Have the AI search for doors or pathways that are tagged as OPEN, and have them go there instead of hugging the walls in a completely closed off area. Too often I find robots just blatantly firing right into solid walls without moving and without looking for me
    (alternatively, if the AI didn’t move for X seconds when under combat, have them move so that they are at least positioned within the player’s FOV as given by the settings in the menu, close to the walls or not - with the possible exception of tanks and harvesters; their rockets can have larger splash damage instead so that shockwaves etc extend into buildings without breaking the walls)

I think the other suggested solutions so far has been:

• making the hit-detection box of the walls larger for AI only, or
  • tweak the AI so that they don’t hug the walls (come as close as currently in-game), or
  • make some walls destructible with a short animation (complicated I know, and maybe not for concrete walls btw)

I have had Hunters in churches, including upstairs and also on the stairs.

I couldn’t work out where I was being shot from a the time.

The clipping through walls is far worse than just attacking through walls of houses and structures. That makes it annoying and frustrating indeed. But the clipping problems are a lot worse.

I’ve had Hunters phase right through the wall / ceiling of a bunker on several occasions. Most recently on the weekend, I was running around a bunker (Minken, I think) trying to find the power switch to unlock the safe and war rooms and could hear multiple angry Hunters outside who had detected me. From the detection meter, they seemed to be right above me and were following me around as I was exploring through the bunker.

I went down the spiral staircase to a lower level of the bunker to enable the power. On my way back up the stairs, 2 Hunters had clipped through the ceiling and were stuck in the spiral stairwell. I managed to kill them both, but ended up stuck in the lower level because their wrecks were blocking the stairwell and I couldn’t get back up. I had to fast travel out of the bunker to the nearest safe house and find my way back to the bunker.

Two nights ago, I was playing through the mission where you have to find the bunker with the enemies that were trapped inside by soldiers (can’t remember the mission name). We were attacked by a swarm of runners outside the bunker, which attacted a nearby pack of hunters as well. This fight got us detected by the robots trapped inside the bunker. They proceeded to clip through the bunker door and join into the fight.

Last night while visiting the Hermelinen Bunker for the first time, ticks were walking and attacking through closed, locked doors like the doors weren’t even there.

A few days back my friends and I encountered a hunter that had partially phased through a wall at the bunker with the rail lines near Muskudden but was stuck there. He was invulnerable, but was able to deal damage to us. Shooting it seemed to produce the visual effects that he was receiving damage (the sparks), but his components were not breaking off and he wasn’t taking damage. We were 4 players, so had lots of firepower and explosives to throw at him, but to no avail. He was able to do damage to us just fine though.

That’s not to mention the dozens of times my friends and I encountered random robots have clipped through walls of houses, churches, hangars, warehouses, barns, etc and attacked through walls. Or sometimes just made it right inside a structure that they didn’t fit in (like a hunter in a house).

Outside of bugged missions that break game progressions, the clipping issues should be one of the top priorities as it just breaks the game so badly. It breaks immersion, which is bad in itself, but totally breaks the game mechanics as well.

TBH that was the only bug that I thought required an immediate fix (on the XBox anyway) as it’s almost caused me to walk away from the game on a few occasions, just about everything was only a bit irritating and didn’t ruin the game.

The hunters in particular do have the potential of completely ruining the game for especially if it happens to somebody early in the game.

I had 3 or 4 hunters appear in the upper floor of a barn (all doors locked and no external ramp) so it was a full teleport rather than simply clipping through a wall or floor, and pairs of them magically appearing is way too common.

Iv’e also had tanks walk through through the corners of barns (safe house ones) not just a bit of a leg clip through but actually walking through the end and rear walls as if it simply wasn’t there.

Though I am unsure if it’s an escape clause to stop Tanks from getting stuck in the scenery as it had been trying to bumble between the barn and another building for a couple of minutes.

Another clipping issue of note I’ve encountered about a week ago was a harvester completely stuck inside a warehouse at the airfield. He was just in there, not clipping through walls. We had no idea at all. Didn’t see him on our detection meter. We ran inside, and there he was and proceeded to attack.

Lmao shocking not come across that yet.

When you think your safe hahaha

1 Like