I made it to island here is proof

4 Likes

Second video , blowing one self UP to get Over There > > roll the clip > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpYuUhkmUn0

4 Likes

Some guy tried this trick on my server today, with ONE medium fuel-cell. It didn’t work. :joy:

2 Likes

White canister and large red bombs most effective propellent , these are the two best in my opinion , just do a pick a mix , TIP place on 45`Degree angle for forwards momentum :sunglasses::+1:

Try a Barn entrance slope and don’t forget to jump and shoot , PS a rocket is a good Fuse :rofl::fire:

We should probably not encourage people to do this as it falls into exploit territory which the devs may not approve of.

3 Likes

It’s a bit late for none encourage people the forum’s buzzing here :point_right: Unavailable Island's LOL come and take a look at fun stupidity science 101 . Aye pal i get you , but maybe the Dev’s are happy that we are finding fun thing’s to do with the in game item’s at hand , taking one’s mind of the bug’s currently present in game was my sole intention of that thread so we didn’t talk just bug’s ’ , instead we talked risky Fun :+1:,

1 Like

@Zesiir i think maybe your video inspired others to go where no one has been before :+1: so i suppose we both helped put some fun and effort into the forum , eh good job mr , by way link above will help you find your post 8 days ago my friend , thank’s for helping :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hehe, I’m just being cautious. Besides, if gas canisters get nerfed in the future it’ll be considerably harder to go where we have been, maybe even impossible.

My main reason for exploring beyond the boundaries of the playable area in the game is because I love the terrain of this game. I’ve worked on numerous terrain editor tools in modding other games before and they can’t even compare to the Apex engine. Even if it’s just supposed to create the illusion of the mainland, there are fully mapped forests, valleys and mountains there that just go on forever and it looks gorgeous.

So well done Avalanche for that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice one cheer’s for the support on thread im gladd you joined in , i did start this so i will hold my hand’s up and :smile: and yep ermm the Dev’s may punish me , but im sure the Dev,s and forum had a laugh at it , ‘’ on a good note i did record the bug’s on the island’s i will release them in the 'bug section ’ and ’ tear holes ’ if the island’s get opened up to the public . :point_up_2::v::love_you_gesture::firecracker::boom:

Showed my friend your video earlier was reason for post , even though i have been dropping bomb’s behind him ( sometimes ’ unaware ’ hes takes to long inventory screen hogger) And sending him skyward lol , he’s has never seen the edge yet ,. - PS great trick on friend’s fast travel to a camp and put explosive’s out , and then press record and call your friend’s over , downside i play solo now :rofl: anyhow great video effort appreciated :+1:

1 Like

F.A.B most excellent way to travel. Might just have to try that myself :sunglasses:

1 Like

Personally, I wouldn’t want to go somewhere that is not opened up for gameplay yet. But, respectfully, I find the “game exploit” discussion on this topic a little bit silly. The game itself should simply prevent it. First of all, the explosion supposed to propel you there should cause instant death on the spot. Secondly, invisible barriers between opened and closed islands based on location should return you to the nearest shore where you are allowed to be. That works like a charm if you jump into the water. You could even return the culprit to the nearest safehouse and let that be a reminder. There has been plenty of time to fix this if the devs considered it to be a serious problem.

1 Like

Look, you’ve made yourself their agent, and therefore perhaps have a moral duty to care about what they may or may not approve of, and that’s perfectly fine by me. But if you somehow expect the rest of us to care, I’m afraid you’ll have to explain why. :smile_cat:

I mean, sure, author’s intent (to the degree that it is known) can be a great starting point – hopefully, they’ve given things a great deal of thought, and their way works best. Plus if you, say, write a steam review, people will generally expect you to write about the canonical form of the game. Everyone having played the same game helps with discussing it.

But that’s all it is. A starting point. You’ll probably try to play as intended at first, and if you don’t like it, or you’ve done everything there is to do and are looking for new thrills, you’ll play in whatever way you damn well please.

Suppose you buy an album (tape I guess, this is the '80s :wink:). If the artist had put a note on the back that you’re only allowed to listen with the bass and treble knobs in neutral and while sitting in a church to get the acoustics right, you’d laugh at the fool, and listen the @#$! out of it on the potty, wouldn’t you. Most of us would.

Not sure why I should treat software differently in that regard.

If Avalanche wants to pay me to play, they can decide how I play. Otherwise, not so much.

1 Like

It’s up to the devs if they want to put invisible walls everywhere, it’s been stated in streams before that they’d rather not since it can break immersion. The inability to swim in the deep, frigid waters is their way of limiting the player from going where they’re not supposed to.

As for going beyond the game’s boundaries, I got the impression that it didn’t use to matter much, but since we’ve gotten to the point where the devs want to plan on expanding the game world it feels like a bit of a bummer to reveal that ahead of time. By flinging your ragdoll across large bodies of water and getting where you technically aren’t supposed to be, that can be counted as an exploit.

You’re welcome to do it, by all means. But try to keep it off the forums, since it falls inside exploit-territory and it can be a subject that’s difficult to touch upon.

1 Like