Ideas for new locations

The prop idea sounds good. It’ll add a little more flavor.

Yeah i am thinking like a big bunker with a nuclear reaktor where they had experiment that needed so much power that they used an nuclear reactor

Hi Just want to say I love the game.
But there some things I think is missing that if they there added would make Östertörn seem more real and alive.

1. Add a municipality coat of arm or logotype. As of know is it no indication that there exists any governmental body at the Östertörn. Mabey use the one that can be seen at some of the fire stations?

2. Change the fishes to another colour than white so they stand out from the background more, as someone who is interested in heraldry does the current one bugs me to no end. Example bellow to the right.

GZ_version_and_Mitt_f%C3%B6rslag

1. Add a “kommunhus” or municipal house, either by adding a new building in one of the towns on or by just slapping a municipal coat of arm or logo on one of the existing.

2. Mabey add a welcome to Östertörn signe at one of the harbours and at the bridge to the main land, see an ex of a sign bellow. Mabey also ad an welcome back sign at bridge also

%C3%96stert%C3%B6rn%20kommun%20skylt

1. Add some flags and pennants. I´m not asking that all the houses should have flags but maybe one or two? because know is there a lot of empty flagpoles.
2 Likes

Great idea! Really love that.

Some form of tourist info point in Stenmyra would also put some flavour to the islands imho.

Same feature request topics merged.

//Mod

Those cosmetic ideas sound cool.

i think that we should have more civilian places like a public pool or a tennis court or in a camping ground we should have a minigolf bana (Vet någon annan hur man översätter det till engelska?). And in one mission we hear about a squad of homeguard soldiers that spotted a machine refueling station so i think that in östervik we should have a homeguard office with a small bunker for ammunition. So i think more places that shows a typical swedish landscape in the 80s

It’s called miniature golf and also minigolf in english.

1 Like

That sounds realy cool. It would add some flavor to the game, and possible missions.

Disclaimer: This is only about vehicles as world objects, not as driveable entities.

In my opinion, one way to further improve the game world would be to add a few new vehicle types.
First and foremost, I’m thinking of busses, ambulances and fire engines, because we have bus stops, rescue stations and fire stations in the game, so if new vehicles were added, I think it would be natural to add those three.
Also, since Östertörn is a rural region with a lot of wilderness, a jeep-like offroad car would make sense, maybe with a civilian, military and police/forrest ranger version, would make sense.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s a good point. I think there are other types but the majority only consist of 2-3 models, which gets pretty monotonous. I like this.

Same feature request topics merged, since this topic is all about new POIs (lakes, places, buildings, vehicles etc) players would like to see in the game.

//Mod

Those cars sound like awesome editions to the game.

Building wise, I feel like they should add a few- mainly hospitals, schools, fire Départements, and police stations.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I think they have police stations already. I do think they could make it a little more clear that it is a police station though. I also agree on adding the other ones.

Yeah, that’s 1 little sign that’s hardly noticable

A shopping mall you can enter. Could be a good spot for a base.

A classic Arcade hall is something very 80’s.

1 Like

The fact that I have been all around the map, and haven’t noticed the police stations, is a good indicator that the signs need to be more obvious.

But yes, an arcade and mall would be great. Although, being an American, I really don’t know that much about weather or not Sweden does the whole “ mall” thing.

1 Like

well we do have some big malls but i dont think we whould have a mall on a small island in the 80s, they whould more be in bigger cities like stockholm or malmö

1 Like

Ok, so it’s not completely impossible to explain why one would be on the map.

I understand what you’re saying but I highly doubt most players would see a mall and say to themselves, “this is Sweden in the 80’s, why is there a mall on this island?”

Most players are probably thinking, kill this, blow up that, don’t die, and fuck you runner that’s hidden in the trees that I can’t see at all