Ideas for new locations

The backstory of Sweden having a tremendous defence budget for its size is entirely accurate. The lack of an aircraft carrier isn’t as much down to budget as to needs and defence policy. Sweden had no ambition of projecting power internationally and a carrier would fill zero purpose if war were to happen. Even our WWII era bombers were able to reach targets in the Soviet Union.

In fact, military analysts during this time described Sweden as Europe’s unsinkable aircraft carrier, because those who controlled our airfields could pretty much bomb the enemy with virtual impunity. The Soviet Union specifically desired Sweden because their supersonic bombers had short range, yet sufficient range to bomb virtually any target in Europe if they were to take off from Sweden or Norway.

Also, modelling an aircraft carrier would be a monumental task.

3 Likes

I am not demanding for this to be in the game or anything but I was just backing up my theory of because this is a different timeline. Sweden in this timeline feels threatened by everyone and having a mobile naval airbase would be useful thus to strike from an unknown direction. It would be just a cool thing in the game ok? No need to come up with all these arguments of this and that, it was just a fun idea which I liked and that fact that I would like to emphasize This is a different timeline !!! and things are a bit different

Now i’m interested. Where exactly this is stated in the game? :thinking: Or what pieces of evidence lead you to this conclusion?

The first backstory screen about that due to Hitler they spent tons on their military and never wanting to be in that situation again and other bits of evidence. I will go online later and go find the other bits and build a bit more of a picture for you.

That would be nice since i have different understanding based on the lore.

Ummm… That’s no alternate timeline stuff, that’s just how things were. I believe Sweden spent upwards 70% of tax money on the military during WWII and still spent over 50% by the early 50’s.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not slamming the idea of a carrier being in the game. A washed up aircraft carrier could be foreign, for example Soviet. The Admiral Kuznetsov was operational when this game takes place.

But the only really alternate thing about this timeline is FNIX and the robots.

I would like to see Sergei’s ship in the distance and a soviet headquarters in the landing area of the water with destroyed bmp 1 and 2 and transport trucks carrying Russian AA guns

1 Like

Weren’t there a large submarine hysteria in Sweden during the 80s? Like everyone living on the coastline were on the look out for Russian submarines? That would be cool, having a washed up K-219 somewhere and a lot
FNIX harvesters there collecting the nuclear fuel.

Yes but this is technically an alternate timeline as the events of cataclysm day did not occur in our timeline. FOA creating machines did not happen thus this must be an alternate timeline.

More like entire alternate universe, with it’s own physics laws and the like. :joy:

2 Likes

Why not add a nuclear plant on a new Island. All personel have left or are dead except for a few holding out in a separate building. Players need to go in and dispose of all machines in the plant and then prevent a new Chernobyl too happen. Could be a place for Fnix to harvest radioactive material.

But why whould you build a nuclear powerplant in a small island? and why not on the mainland

Same content topics merged.

//Mod

If the power plant had a meltdown, it would be safer on an island. Logically speaking, anyway. Also, undersea power lines exist so they could go to the mainland from the island.

For the game it could be on a new island for us to explore. The geography and climate of the game area isn’t really logical as it is. So no need to have it on the mainland. And it’s good to have a bit from populated areas in case of an accident so in game a new Island could be that place.

1 Like

Very true. And it would explain where the apocalypse class bots got their nuclear power from.

But i think like a underground nuclear powerplant, thats hidden and was used for powering FOA facilities

1 Like

Not really a new location, but I think a few new vehicle props would be nice, namely buses, fire engines and ambulances, since we have bus stops, fire stations and rescue stations, but no respective vehicles. Also helicopters, and maybe a sort of military offroader, to bridge the gap between squad car and truck.

2 Likes

Underground nuclear power plants or remote heating plants were a thing, so I’d love to see it.

From what I’ve understood, they were initially built as a means for Sweden to produce material for its nuclear program. Perhaps there could also be some sort of secret FOA facility built around the nuclear programme. Maybe it’s abandoned after some sort of accident, which is the real reason the program was abandoned?

FOA facilities are/were powered by diesel generators. The same ones you can find in command bunkers.