Ideas for new locations

T-55 with “516” number as an easter egg.

But I’d like to see T-64/T-84s. Because I’m biased.

But realistically speaking this is paradropped regime, so It’s either BMPs/BMDs with missiles or T-80s, because latter are in service at airborne.

1 Like

In 1989 the Soviets used primarily T72(and variants) T80 and indeed T64 modern variants from the T62.
They did have T-55 but they would only be used on a massive attack to the West because they were older models.
T84 is a Ukrainian variant, made in the 90´s.
Don´t know about the 516 reference though…?
I know they used Bmps and Btr models but we can´t ask the devs to bring them all.

1 Like

SCP-516 - sentient T-55 tank, which dreams of meadows under trees and flowers over chassis.

T-64 is actually standalone project that ended up being first soviet MBT (62 is still “medium”), which was revolutionary at time of creation.

Yep, T-84 is 90s, my bad for not checking dates. But still - T-80s are still considered better options for air-mobile forces than T-72s and T-64s and their upgrades at the time.

We ain’t demanding. I’m always comply to policy “throw ideas, it’s up to them to take or leave”.

1 Like

Ah, I didI not know about that SCP, so many horrible and interesting stuff ;).
Yes it would make more sense for those models and for some lighter armored vehicles.
I just think some Soviet vehicle is necessary to make the soviet outposts feel more authentic.

I’d like to include the following:

Folkets Park
An outdoors park with a stage, in a location somewhat removed from any nearby settlement. A place where young people as well as old come to dance. In the game it was left in a rush, thus cheerful dance band music about love until the very end eerily echoes through the surrounding woods.

Car dealership
A big building and a surrounding lot full of cars for players to fight through. Perhaps players will find spare parts to enable players to use one of few playable vehicles?

Mobilization Town
During the Cold War, Sweden had a couple of massive storage depos. With conventional roofs, roads and street lights, the depot would look like a regular town from the air. Yet all the “houses” were hollow and contained everything from binoculars and medicine to guns and tanks. Contains more loot than four players could possibly hope to carry, yet there’s no safe house within several kilometers.
If unarmed motor vehicles were a thing, they’d come in handy here, as players would be able to fill them with loot and drive off… if they manage to prevent it from getting destroyed by the machines.

Royal Residence
An old mansion or even castle where the royal family occasionally spend their spare time. Massive grounds with beautifully kept bushes, hedges and fountains. And an interior holding a dark secret. Did SÄPO secretly attempt to negotiate with FNIX behind the backs of the armed forces? Was part of the royal family here when things went down?

6 Likes

Good locations there @Hogge
We also need:

• clinics or a Hospital
  • Power Station
  • Bank
  • Auto Repair Shop/Mechanic
1 Like

The latest DLC actually does have a truck repair shop and I think that an auto repair shop would be an extension of the car dealer I mentioned before.

A bank would also be cool, but I wonder what function it would fill. Maybe a side quest with a lock box containing secret files? Maybe a journalist’s documents about FNIX?

1 Like

The one near the South Coast Church safehouse?
Does not really look like one though.

I love the ideas of hospitals around the landscape, perhaps one in each region that can act as side missions. Clearing out each one helps in the effort to “take back” the island.
A similar concept for the fire departments and/or police stations would be nice. I saw someone above mention melee weapons could be a staple of fire stations and firearms/ammo at police stations.
I would love for more multi-story buildings to be added., similar to the apartments we can go into, or the hotel on Hjmfall (spelling?). For me, the more places I can go through and search, the better.
I understand my type of play doesnt suit everyone’s, that aside, I cant get enough of the story and whatever can be added to give me more is a-ok with me!

2 Likes

Personally, I definitely like the idea of taking back the island.
My biggest gripe with the game is that it doesn’t feel rewarding. Like, the missions pretty much never result in the resistance or the player gaining anything.

1 Like

Im wondering if we, as the player, have to learn all of what happened first. Once we know that and those stories have been told, then the missions and DLC’s will focus on the resistance taking back the island bit by bit.
Side note, I dont know if these were around in Sweden in the 80’s, but a Naval carrier that ran aground would be a nice touch and new to the map to check out. Perhaps some of these downed fighter jets can include parachutes that are one time use for those quick getaways that we need?

Or im way off and this is how it will always be until a Gen Zero 2 comes out.

Sweden did not and has never had a proper Aircraft carrier in our timeline but had HMwMS Gotland a small cruiser in the 1920’s with plane capabilities. Though in the GZ timeline there may have one in their Navy due to the defence spending. Though it wouldn’t make sense for it to be around Ostertorn as there is not enough infrastructure for a carrier to be resupplied easily or any dry docks.

Long answer and me rambling on

The only naval base on Ostertorn is the small Sathoholmen (I think that’s how it’s spelled) Naval Base which could probably hold a few gunboats possibly a frigate and a single submarine. I am going to assume if there was a frigate there then it was the ship destroyed at Fort Torpsberga ( Sorry I’m bad at the names). It would be nice to see some sunken boats half submerged around though as what is a naval base with no boats? It also doesn’t make sense as to why the only naval base is so lightly defended by machines ( yes it’s so the player doesn’t immediately get wrecked but from a lore perspective) If this was the only naval base it should have tanks harvesters but I guess because all the ships are gone FNIX considers it useless. Aircraft carriers are big targets and Ostertorn is a small remote region. If Sweden still has this theoretical aircraft carrier they are waiting for the perfect time to use it. This would probably be when NATO sends in forces. Again big IF on this as we don’t know if any of Sweden or its military is intact.

1 Like

But what about Muskudden? Sure, it isn’t named as “Naval Base” but it has the waterfront space and land storage capacity to keep the carrier supplied.

1 Like

You know what? I didn’t think of Muskudden. Yeah Muskudden would be a good location for a wartime carrier base. It would be Epic to see a half sunk carrier outside Muskudden docks…

1 Like

Thank you for the information! I have only been to Sweden once, last year, and know very little about the Scandinavian country. I would love to see more things added to the environment but dont want to ask of something that does not accommodate the time period.

1 Like

but we didnt have any carriers in the 80s

Something that would be cool would be if you stumbled upon the two prototypes for stridsbåt 90. Helge and helga. They both was manufactured 1989 so it would be a cool Easter egg.

1 Like

I know but GZ is in a different timeline so Sweden could have had a carrier. Based on the fact more money was poured into the military.

1 Like

But sweden did spend much money in the cold war, we hade the worlds 4th largest airforce and we could mobilize almost 700 000 military personel, that in the world of gz that sweden whould spend so much money on something like that is nothing strange, we had real experiments done by foa in the cold war and they worked on new weapons and high tec equipment. we could have an small aircraft carrier, small then not like the american aircraft carriers

Yes but they might have more money to spend on something different that’s what I’m trying to say. 700,000 military personnel might be cut down to 400,000 because of the machines meaning land based spending could be lessened and more spent on the air force developing air machines or the Navy building a bigger Navy centred around a carrier to control the Baltic. Money would be spent on different things.