Intense light in Torsberga, South Coast region

Another topic merge.

Last i checked, forum search was working just fine. :eyes:

//Mod

1 Like

Is it only on PC? Can’t find anything about it conserning consoles. Haven’t been able to play for a while but will check it out during the week.

2 Likes

I created an account strictly for this. I can deal with most bugs in the game but I literally cannot see where I am going in this fort. I got so irritable thinking this must be a brightness issue or something when I first entered this region only to realize it’s “fog” and it’s awful. Then I enter this fort and I spent so much time getting hit by nonsense spiders while I could not see where I was going that I quit. I hope this is the only region in the game that his fog shit exists. This is awful. How was this not play tested? This isn’t some sort of challenge you overcome, this is just negligence.

2 Likes

Aside from the intense contrast in that video above it seems as if gas mask is permanently attached because I can see the glass spots and blur associated with the gas mask. The fog is a cool feature of the weather pattern if its intermittent.

1 Like

yeap. Same here. Same location. also on a Ryzen cpu. Impossible to progress. Can’t see anything. Its like 3 people have thier flashlight aimed directly in your face. :frowning:

1 Like

i have found a bug with the fog @ torsberga

1 Like

Reply merged into proper topic.

//Mod

1 Like

How about any information about a fix maybe?
This game was just on free steam weekend and may have seen a significant increase in its playerbase…
The bug makes some areas unplayable.

The nightvision sight is some sort of workaround if you combine it with or without flashlight you can kinda get through foggy bunkers but its not rly fun…

2 Likes

20200506221317_1 20200506221332_1 20200506221335_1

when i playing this mission, my friends and I can’t play this mission, because of strange white light keeps covering my sight. I want to finish this mission, so I barely see with my X-ray scope and I finished this mission. I hope it fixed soon :smiley:

1 Like

Merged relevant topics.

//Mod

2 Likes

While attempting to complete the “Spiking The Guns” Quest… we ran into a lighting bug that legitimately was bright enough to hurt our eyes when going down into most of the bunkers/underground shelters we entered during the mission 20200507202356_1 Only seems to happen in the south cost region.

We tried to lower or raise our graphics setting… in-case it was some weirdness with reflections. Sadly no effect, but turning ON flashlights and using Flares helped reduce the issue.

20200507072228_1 20200507072934_1 20200507073343_1 20200507073551_1

Thanks for the awesome game! Also thanks for the 71 hours of fun

1 Like

Merged topics. Please do a search for your issue before you post.

//Mod

1 Like

somewhere around x4658 y4335 ish area. the smoke that is meant to be like a fog completely flooded the screen with puer white feed back. this happens for everyone i know. it makes it impossible to see anything. just a blank screen while in the area.

1 Like

Quoting myself because I can.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen anyone add this so i will.

If you shine your flashlight on another players head, the other player will see normally in these buggy areas. This was the only way we could complete “Spiking the guns”.

If i angled my flashlight away from their head, the other players vision returned to extreme bright lights.

1 Like

Getting this too, just taken me ages to get to the base and then ages to get into the base (fighting Tanks and other assorted overpowered enemies) and then thanks to this crap I die due to not being able to see what’s hitting me, am unable to shoot back and unable to see a way out of danger. Would someone like to comment on how the hell we are supposed to complete the missions with this?

So yeah, this coupled with the insane mistake on enemy behaviour in the last patch is not making for a good impression from this new player.

1 Like

I got deeper into the south coast region and that fog is unbearable. First and foremost it doesn’t look like fog but more like forest fires:

And second, I turned off volumetric fog completely and I still have a whiteish film on everything. It doesn’t matter whether it is a tree in the distance or a sleeve of the characters jacket. Everything has the same white film:

In addition this fog behavees really wierd. In reality you can see banks of fog and when you get into them your sight is reduced. But here it is just no fog in one region and when you move forward a couple of steps suddenly there is fog.

1 Like

Same as above. Gets worse the darker an area is supposed to be, and turning off flashlight makes the entire screen white. Seems like the fog is causing the brightness value to roll over in the darkest areas?

As a workaround I’d use a red-dot sight, or a flare in smaller rooms. I got through the fortress ok but it was painful.

1 Like

i don’t know what this issue is but its not only me but 3 of my friends that have this problem, its only in 2 specific locations, one is a blueprint location near this one torsberg fort then the other is beredeskapsforrad

it changes based on location weapons and etc how I managed was using binoculars but its horrible most times in these

any help reguarding this would be appreciated as its not affecting just me but everyone ive played with in these 2 locations btw this is the foggy areas so maybe its the fog?

2 Likes

Same also had this issue in a number of bunker tunnels, but the fort all the way in the south west is the worst. Completely unexplorable as a result of the bug. Is this getting fixed?

1 Like