Intense light in Torsberga, South Coast region

Merged topics. Please do a search for your issue before you post.

//Mod

1 Like

somewhere around x4658 y4335 ish area. the smoke that is meant to be like a fog completely flooded the screen with puer white feed back. this happens for everyone i know. it makes it impossible to see anything. just a blank screen while in the area.

1 Like

Quoting myself because I can.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen anyone add this so i will.

If you shine your flashlight on another players head, the other player will see normally in these buggy areas. This was the only way we could complete “Spiking the guns”.

If i angled my flashlight away from their head, the other players vision returned to extreme bright lights.

1 Like

Getting this too, just taken me ages to get to the base and then ages to get into the base (fighting Tanks and other assorted overpowered enemies) and then thanks to this crap I die due to not being able to see what’s hitting me, am unable to shoot back and unable to see a way out of danger. Would someone like to comment on how the hell we are supposed to complete the missions with this?

So yeah, this coupled with the insane mistake on enemy behaviour in the last patch is not making for a good impression from this new player.

1 Like

I got deeper into the south coast region and that fog is unbearable. First and foremost it doesn’t look like fog but more like forest fires:

And second, I turned off volumetric fog completely and I still have a whiteish film on everything. It doesn’t matter whether it is a tree in the distance or a sleeve of the characters jacket. Everything has the same white film:

In addition this fog behavees really wierd. In reality you can see banks of fog and when you get into them your sight is reduced. But here it is just no fog in one region and when you move forward a couple of steps suddenly there is fog.

1 Like

Same as above. Gets worse the darker an area is supposed to be, and turning off flashlight makes the entire screen white. Seems like the fog is causing the brightness value to roll over in the darkest areas?

As a workaround I’d use a red-dot sight, or a flare in smaller rooms. I got through the fortress ok but it was painful.

1 Like

i don’t know what this issue is but its not only me but 3 of my friends that have this problem, its only in 2 specific locations, one is a blueprint location near this one torsberg fort then the other is beredeskapsforrad

it changes based on location weapons and etc how I managed was using binoculars but its horrible most times in these

any help reguarding this would be appreciated as its not affecting just me but everyone ive played with in these 2 locations btw this is the foggy areas so maybe its the fog?

2 Likes

Same also had this issue in a number of bunker tunnels, but the fort all the way in the south west is the worst. Completely unexplorable as a result of the bug. Is this getting fixed?

1 Like

Was just about to post about this after seeing it in bunkers and other underground structures. Not sure if it has to do with outdoor lighting bleeding through since I haven’t been able to check time of day. Changing graphics settings hasn’t done anything to change it. I noticed though, while at Torsberga Fort (the fort kyzlak mentioned), it was unbearable but I used an OPV module to get through since it ignores lighting. I reached the button in the power and it removed some flare in other larger areas except for tunnels. I noticed that throwing flares makes the bright spots flicker in hues of red and blue, as seen in the picture below.

1 Like

Also, using flashlight has varying effects. In some cases it makes it even worse, while others it eliminates the bright spot in the center.

1 Like

Yep had the same problem had to just ignore that main mission. Kind of sad, hoping for a fix soon.

1 Like

If only there was a way to search for your issues. Threads merged.

//Mod

1 Like

Ok so I don’t know if anyone else has said this, but you have a red dot and you aim down the sights all the blurry white lights will go away (you have to be aim down the sight the whole time). I was able to finish the mission there, but it was a major pain in the a**.

1 Like

Same here. Fog is messing with lighting and reflections i think.

1 Like

Same here and for me and my friends. Absolute unplayable.

2 Likes

Ditto - Spiking the guns main mission is unplayable,

3 Likes

I’ve seen this on two different PCs, in the south coast fort as mentioned above while doing “spiking the guns”

Machine 1 - AMD Ryzen 3 3600X, 16GB Corsair Vengeance, RTX-2060S
Machine 2 - Intel Core i7 2600K, 8G (unknown) RAM, GTX-970

Same comments about the flashlight helping, turning it off results in total whitewash.Pretty much game breaking.

Would be nice to see an option to disable fog, or allow the “disable volumetric fog” to disable the south coast fog.

Overall, love the game. Most of the bugs encountered are bearable, but this one is game-breaking.

3 Likes

20200517193350_1 20200517193355_1 20200517193402_1 20200517193410_1 20200517193507_1 20200517193511_1 20200517193521_1 20200517193615_1 20200517193617_1 20200517194159_1 20200517194243_1 20200517194801_1 20200517194925_1 20200517194927_1

Topics merged. Please search for your issue before you create a new topic.

//Mod

1 Like