Intense light in Torsberga, South Coast region

Another merge of the same issue + corrected topic title.

//Mod

1 Like

When I go down to the south coast region my screen becomes white, like it has a film over it, when it is night time it looks like it is day. when I am inside the bunker and I am in a room the lights are extremely bright. so much so that I cant even see. this white ā€œblobā€ takes up most of my screen and I can only see while ADS. Absolutely unplayable while it is in this state. Its almost like I have my gamma up to 9000.

2 Likes

Same ā€¦ this is whatā€™s happening for us

(ETA: my specs are PC. NVidea Graphics)

3 Likes

Threads merged with relevant topic.

//Mod

2 Likes

When I get in the fort, some lights starts to appear for no reason, even with no power onā€¦ And i canā€™t even play, lights are too bright to see a thingā€¦ Itā€™s like in your faceā€¦ I thought it was a thing from the game and i tried to put sunglasses or a gasmask but no success at allā€¦ I think itā€™s a bugā€¦ Does anyone have this issue as well?! (Sorry for my bad english).

Some places i have more bugs than others, but never saw this anywhere, only in this fortā€¦ (Tried to lower graphics in game, no changes).

PS: When i turn off the flashlight, all screen turns white, wherever i look.

No Bug:
No%20Bug

Some steps ahead:
Small%20lighting%20bug

Turning left there on the corner (Donā€™t mind the white bar on top):
Lot%20of%20light%20bugs

Flashlight off:

3 Likes

Threads merged. Please use the search function next time.

//Mod

2 Likes

Yup. As you see, several of us have been experiencing this. Itā€™s not just in Fort Torsberga either. Encountered in another bunker (forget which one) before venturing forth to FT. I really hope they get this fixed ASAP Iā€™m afraid to enter bunkers anymore. It led to ending game early due to the visual irritation last night.

1 Like

At -4666 4327, underground in the bunker, really bright circles of light pop on and off of my screen. Apparently a lot of people are seeing these giant specs of light.

1 Like

@Mrshneeblie Itā€™s a currently a reported bug among the community and the Devs have seen it. Pray itā€™s in the next patch.

2 Likes

Another topic merge.

Last i checked, forum search was working just fine. :eyes:

//Mod

1 Like

Is it only on PC? Canā€™t find anything about it conserning consoles. Havenā€™t been able to play for a while but will check it out during the week.

2 Likes

I created an account strictly for this. I can deal with most bugs in the game but I literally cannot see where I am going in this fort. I got so irritable thinking this must be a brightness issue or something when I first entered this region only to realize itā€™s ā€œfogā€ and itā€™s awful. Then I enter this fort and I spent so much time getting hit by nonsense spiders while I could not see where I was going that I quit. I hope this is the only region in the game that his fog shit exists. This is awful. How was this not play tested? This isnā€™t some sort of challenge you overcome, this is just negligence.

2 Likes

Aside from the intense contrast in that video above it seems as if gas mask is permanently attached because I can see the glass spots and blur associated with the gas mask. The fog is a cool feature of the weather pattern if its intermittent.

1 Like

yeap. Same here. Same location. also on a Ryzen cpu. Impossible to progress. Canā€™t see anything. Its like 3 people have thier flashlight aimed directly in your face. :frowning:

1 Like

i have found a bug with the fog @ torsberga

1 Like

Reply merged into proper topic.

//Mod

1 Like

How about any information about a fix maybe?
This game was just on free steam weekend and may have seen a significant increase in its playerbaseā€¦
The bug makes some areas unplayable.

The nightvision sight is some sort of workaround if you combine it with or without flashlight you can kinda get through foggy bunkers but its not rly funā€¦

2 Likes

20200506221317_1 20200506221332_1 20200506221335_1

when i playing this mission, my friends and I canā€™t play this mission, because of strange white light keeps covering my sight. I want to finish this mission, so I barely see with my X-ray scope and I finished this mission. I hope it fixed soon :smiley:

1 Like

Merged relevant topics.

//Mod

2 Likes

While attempting to complete the ā€œSpiking The Gunsā€ Questā€¦ we ran into a lighting bug that legitimately was bright enough to hurt our eyes when going down into most of the bunkers/underground shelters we entered during the mission 20200507202356_1 Only seems to happen in the south cost region.

We tried to lower or raise our graphics settingā€¦ in-case it was some weirdness with reflections. Sadly no effect, but turning ON flashlights and using Flares helped reduce the issue.

20200507072228_1 20200507072934_1 20200507073343_1 20200507073551_1

Thanks for the awesome game! Also thanks for the 71 hours of fun

1 Like