Introduce yourself

o hello you <3 <3 <3 <3

1 Like

Hi I am jake I am 32 I have no life been playing this game now none stop since it dropped on ps4 about to hit lvl 30 and found just about all the golden and purple spawns, I do luv the glock golden in the back of the squad car the purple 50 cal in the light house and purple smg under the bed. If anyone wants to join me and my buddies were on ps4 . My gamer tag is koohchann or koohkooh.

2 Likes

Hello,

My name is Christian.
so my mom says

I’m a video editor.
(gaming but not simple stuff I like to have fun with it)

I love open world games.
DayZ and such, especially this!

I had 0 idea of this games existence until about 2 weeks before its release. This has been a dry year for games for myself. SO THIS was a calling. I got the game when it was released day 1. I love it.

You’ll see me a bit in the forums here, I talk alot. I’m on here a lot because if I know knowledge about the game that can help them then ill share. I also like to watch the games health. To many games have fallen because of developers scattering because of the wants of parent companies or poor choices. IDK lots of other stuff.
This is a games I REALLY want to see make it. I think its great and know there is so much more coming. A community needs to be healthy also! So i’ll spread my thoughts on what should be done.

Here is some other info also;

22 and I’m a dude.

Sorry fellas, I wish I was prettier too.

:slight_smile:
^ my signature also

3 Likes

Its Me! I am a long time fan of the Apex engine. I love Hunter Call of the Wild. This games visuals are spot on par with that game and sweet. I do like the cartoonish look of the player characters, because it screams 80s even more.

Can’t wait to play with some of you.

2 Likes

Hallåj!
My name is Jonas. I’m 36 y/o, born and raised in sweden. I was barely 7 years old when the robot incident happened but I remember it well and it’s still an open wound in the Swedish “folksjälen”. I think the developers have done a great job portraying this important historical event and I’m amazed at the attention to historical accuracy. Anyone who lived in Sweden back in 1989 must remember that if you didn’t drive a Volvo you drove a Saab, and I remember my dad hiding backpacks and boxes with a few cartridges, some make-up, a random piece of clothing and a flare or a first aid kit all around the house in case of emergency. 10/10 for accuracy. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Lol, nice!
I really tried to start a google request.
Wanted to know what date your reply has - hawhaw - got me^^

Uhm, I forgot, sorry.
My name is Kai-Uwe and I am 48 now, living in Germany.
I also starting to work with PC in the 80’s with C64.
It began with gaming and now I am experienced in Picture and Videoediting, 3D modelling and animation and gamemodding. At the moment I learn to handle UE 4.

I am a silent one, sneaking around and surprising the damn machines is much more funny, thean running around with adventure sustained fire :wink:

4 Likes

Hi there.

Patrik here. Born in sweden in the late 70’s and still live here in the countryside, just waiting for the runners to show up :wink: I have been gaming since the days of the commodore 64 and the NES. Stumbled over this game on youtube a coulpe of weeks before release and basicly ordered it straight away. Some kind of nostalgia overload i guess.

See you out there.

/Papa

5 Likes

My name is Robin.

Pah, you’re all babies! I’m 62 this year and started playing video games with “Commander Keene” (look it up). I had clients in the business and was at a computer fair in Birmingham, when I saw the first Wolfenstein 3D, being launched to the public that show. Played that followed by the first Doom. Apart from this, which I love, I still haven’t finished Half-Life 2 Episode 1 Chapter 2 - is that right?

When the robots attacked I was a young officer in the Royal Marine Commandos. When people join my game they get stultifyingly bored because I am forever re-organising by back pack, creeping one step at a time through woods, or cleaning my weapons. I don’t die, much. But I go very, very slowly, as indeed you would. I don’t get ambushed and I plan every action. It would be easier with four, but without fast communication, not much. There are apps, I believe, but it should be built in to the game. I’ve watched a couple of four-player games on Youtube and they are all screaming with laughter and shrieking, because the communication app is separate from the game. Much better to force them to whisper, since voices carry a long way, especially at night.

11 Likes

Hi! My name is Linus, 50 years old, thus I was 20 years old when the robots attacked. I was actually in the army at the time :open_mouth: , which is why I prefer the AG4 (actually AK4) in the game. :wink:
I am not a gamer at all, but I couldn’t resist buying Generation Zero, and now I am addicted.

10 Likes

Hello I’m sam aka MFO Abyss I’ve played this game since it’s launch in March and I got so many people to consider buying this game it’s amazing to see what little referrals can do.
Moveing on, I enjoy playing generation zero a lot and I mean it something about it is so fascinating this is by far the best game I’ve seen come out this year by a long shot it brings back what abit of innovation and and imaginative gameplay games once had it in a way revives the whole scary/spooky games.
The patches have been abit of a frustration due to them nerfing explosives before increasing the damage back up but mistakes happen.

Aside to everything I said, The dev team of this game have really out done them self’s and I look forward to seeing this loved game grow and develop.

Thanks for taking the time to read this :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Just realized I had never commented here about myself even though I meant to.

My name’s Austin, born in the Midwestern US in the early 90’s. Originally started gaming on the Nintendo 64, but mostly just game on PC these days. First learned about Generation Zero when I saw some of the early stuff about it on Kotaku mid 2018, it caught my attention then because it looked gorgeous and boasted 4-player drop-in co-op. The group of friends I originally intended to play with never developed any significant interest, but I decided to stick around and play because it looked like fun and helped validate my completely unrelated decision to start learning Swedish (which has actually been rather fun in it’s own right). At this point, I’m mostly hoping I can complete the game by September, because once Borderlands 3 is out, I probably won’t be on GZ until next summer at least.

When not gaming, I’m either coding, binge watching random anime series, cooking (It’s rather hard to get decent gravlax or köttbullar any other way here in the US), or on occasion down at the local gun range working on my somewhat pathetic marksmanship.

5 Likes

Hi Alan originally from England but have lived in Sweden since 2001 (the missus is Swedish). Now retired and at 67 regard myself as very active. Got GZ for my birthday two weeks ago and play it most days although progression is slow.

9 Likes

Hi everyone. :slightly_smiling_face:
My name is Nils. I’m 31. I live among the fjords in north-western Norway.
I have worked as a carpenter most my life, but now I’m a salesman at a construction warehouse.
I used to spend most of my spare time gaming, but I became a father a year ago, so now gaming has become a rare luxury. I have to admit I’m suffering from gaming withdrawal! :laughing:
My first game was Age of Empires, and my all-time favorite game is Fallout: New Vegas.
I enjoy watching a good movie or reading a good book, occasionally.
I also love to go shooting at the range, both with rifles and shotguns. From september through december I’m a passionate hunter. I hunt Red Deer and Roe Deer.

Generation Zero is a fantastic game. Avalanche deserves a standing ovation for creating something new and original like this, and for polishing the game with the fans’ help. Keep up the good work. :+1:

9 Likes

Hello everyone!

Im John. 40 years old from Trondheim, Norway.

Bought the game on PS4 in may and have been loving it since. Im really happy i didnt fall for the bad press this game got when it got released because this rapidly becoming one of my favourite games beside STALKER.

It seems according to this thread that the age group for this game is slightly higher than your normal first person games and that is a definitive plus in my books, and i think it shows in the forum aswell.

Infact, it might be interesting to make a poll just to see what age group is dominant?

Jomjom79

5 Likes

Worked in Norway, in Oslo (Lilleström) and Trondheim about 15 years ago, nice country!

4 Likes

TBH, it doesn’t surprise me much that it would be a mostly older demographic compared to many games. It lacks the constant fast-paced action a lot of younger people want these days, and most of the other selling points are things that seem (at least in my opinion) to have more appeal to people who aren’t ‘kids’.

2 Likes

You and me have the same start of life man!

Hey there fellow gamers!

44 year old guy whos first love in life was a C64 when I was 7 in the 80ies.
I have played…a lot of games. I am a player who likes LOOOONG games and prefer games that you almost never finish.

I am swedish and born and raised in Gothenburg.
I work in IT, and play games as much now as I did when I was 14.
Gothic/industrial music is a big part of my life, just as computers and games.

I also have an interest in system admin. I am a poweruser when it comes to Windows. Doesnt mean I know everything, but when a game crash, my first stop isnt forums for the game company to WAAH!

I play PC only. Never liked controllers, even back in nintendo 1989. Mouse and Keyboard is required for me to be able to play even.
I like RPGs, Strategety and Online games the most. However, I am VERY picky. And I have different values regarding games, then the mainstream.

Short story of me,
Bards Tale
Wasteland
Maniac Mansion
Dungeon Master
Fallout 1-2
Mechwarrior 4

Year 2000
MMORPG that I played longer then 7 years
EverQuest
Eve Online
Elderscrolls Online (6).

Games I played longer then 1000 hours
Civiliazation = EVERY RELEASE
Civ 6 currently
Master Of Orion
Fallout 4
Skyrim
Titan Quest
X-Com 2

Currently, I am looking for a survival online game to get hooked on, that I will play regulary for the next few years. Dayz, isnt my style, cause no RPG element and dying means very little.
This game has a great base! I hope they add some sort of penalty for dying.

Pleased to meet you all!

4 Likes

Welcome fellow Sweden, or pat, which ever you prefer! Pleased to meet ye!
When I am retitred, games will be my only hobby! (Apart from women)

1 Like

We have at least Bards Tale, Wasteland, Fallout X, Skyrim, Civ and Titan Quest in common. What about Mount&Blade Warband?

1 Like