Introduce yourself

The Far Cry series is much more playable… and that is from FC2 to FC New Dawn, Yes you die but yes you have a chance!

2 Likes

Heyo.

I’m a 32 year old socially inept man from Gothenburg, Sweden. I came on the forums here one day and really enjoyed it. Someone saw fit to make me Moderator, so here we are. Generation Zero is a game that’s right up my alley, so I reckon I’ll stick around for as long as can. Other games I play include The Hunter: Call of the Wild, GTA5, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Battlefield 4, Diablo 3, Unreal Tournament, S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Doom etc. The list is way too long…

I like green-colored things, PC games and professional fireworks. The latter which I work with regularly. And yes, it’s as fun as you think it is. I own two moderate-to-high-end PC’s that me and my friends frequently play GZ and other games on.

Dunno what else to say :smile:

8 Likes

Hey all,
I’m just some guy that makes youtube video’s on this game, I haven’t felt this compelled to make video content for anything like this in a long time but honestly this was the best game to get me back into it. Generation zero still has borderline limitless potential compared to everything else!
I’m 26 so im seemingly a youngin’ in this crowd :smiley: i generally don’t play shooters, i’m more into the dark souls kinda games, last shooter i played was call of duty black ops on the ps3 so safe to say my first week in GZ was rusty haha
outside of video games i play guitar and work at a music store selling instruments and teaching part time!
Not much else to me other than that, but im glad to meet ya’ll!

7 Likes

Hello and welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi,
I am not really young any more, so I had enough of time to play a couple of games. RPG, strategy, survival… Baldur’s Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Gothic, Sea Dogs, The Elder Scrolls, Witcher, Stalker, Fallout, Wasteland, Warband, The Long Dark, Total War, Civ…

Now it is GZ because I like its atmosphere, there is no PVP and the community is welcoming and creative. The game is still changing and I appreciate the possibility to discuss new features proposed by the players and to participate to its evolution.

I live in France and I work as a school teacher.

5 Likes

Welcome to GZ :blush:

Names Jason, I’m 38. Lived all over the west coast states of the US. Been a gamer since Atari debuted. Used to be a PC guy but since my near death and becoming a dad so I’ve just stayed with consoles. I’m currently on a PS4.
My near death experience brought me from agnostic/atheist to Christian and a second chance to be a dad as I got witness my child’s birth before I was released from the hospital during my 6 months stay recovering. So I’m grateful to be here with everyone. I’ve been slowly losing the luster for gaming but thanks to Avalanche they’ve well have kept me in the loop. I adore the hunter cotw. And now I’m really into GZ.

I really would love to see a platform out live most games like watching seasoned tv shows last for years. This game I believe has the potential.

5 Likes

Welcome Jason, and what a personal story!

1 Like

@ WarpigX9 Welcome from me too

1 Like

My name is Artur, and I’m 41 years old from Denmark – so I’m of course ready to help Sweden fight off the robot invasion ! :denmark: :sunglasses: :sweden:

Current Avatar:

I mainly play solo at the moment while getting to know the game better, but I’m generally also a fan of co-op play (I bought GZ in the beginning of July).

My favorite games are stealth/horror survival games, tactical combat and mystery/horror adventures, e.g.:
STALKER, METRO, Sniper Elite, Dishonered, Hitman, X-COM, Shadowrun, Battletech etc.

4 Likes

Dishononered and Sniper Elite are two of favorite games along with GZ of course.
Welcome to GZ

2 Likes

Come on guys, don’t derail the thread. Create a new one in the Off-Topic forum if you want to discuss gaming in general. I’ve removed the off-topic posts. Further off-topic posting in this thread will result in a warning.

2 Likes

Hey guys, 37 year old from Canada here.
Never heard of this game until last week.
I’ve been burned nearly every time I decided to give a game I’ve never heard of, a chance.
But was I surprised with GZ!
I love it.
For the first time ever, I feel I’ve gotten my money’s worth from giving a game a try.
Hell, AAA titles come out with more bugs and are less playable upon launch.
Anyone remember Battlefield 4 - for the entire first year?!
That game was atrociously bad between crashing and bugs.
GZ is a game I am happy to stick around with and watch grow.
I was happy to see the Devs actually give a shit after they got our money.
More studios need to start doing this haha.
I will never ever, no matter how promising or hopeful I am for a game, ever preorder again.
The gaming community has been screwed over too many times.
I’m really happy I gave this game a chance. And am looking forward to seeing what else the Devs have in store for us.

Keep up the great work Avalanch!

6 Likes

Hello there!
I’m a 42 year old dude from Skellefteå, Sweden. :sweden: Being a family man and working full time as a teacher means that my gaming hours are limited. Really wish i had more time playing this wonderful game. Chasing down (or being chased by) robots in the enviroment i grew up in is so much fun!

Grew up playing ZX spectrum, c64, Nintendo. Games have changed a bit since then! :grin:

5 Likes

Hey there, ya that’s pretty awesome having a game of your home!

I’m really loving this game.
Sure there are times when I fall through the map, or crash to home screen and get frustrated . But I’m willing to stick it out to see the devs make this into an amazing game.

3 Likes

Hello everybody! I’m Patrick from Canada, playing beta on Xbox, work in Instasmile dentistry website. Also I’m in love with art atmosphere of the game.
Glad to be here!

4 Likes

Welcome, Patrick! Maybe the weather and surroundings remind you of Canada in some way?

Hello lads, I don’t want to have my real name out there but I still want to tell you stuff about me. I’m a furry currently attending university for architecture in Nova Scotia, Canada. I really like films as well, but I don’t have education in that area (although I’d like to have some :slight_smile:). I’ve been playing video games for my entire life, and my first console was a Wii (my parents are super Christian). I love games that aren’t really fast paced and get you to think strategically, games such as Minecraft, Subnautica, No Man’s Sky, and Generation Zero are among my favourites. I’m also a pretty chill guy who has a decent amount of patience. Hope to see you lads on here! :slight_smile:
-Simulacrum The Protogen

4 Likes

Hello everyone, I play solo because my internet is by satellite and only get so many GB to use a month. I been playing games since GNOME, I am currently 64 yrs old and still love playing FPS. Love playing this game have collected most of the gold weapons. Hoping new quests can be added and restarting the old.

7 Likes

Hey oh, my name is Ed, Im 32. Been a gamer my whole life. Im an architect, writer, gamer, artist and someone who enjoys life. Been playing Gen Zero since April on my PS4, finally got the hang of how to kills tanks in…October!

7 Likes