Is generation zero too easy?

the world isnt a challenge. i grab my guns and annihilate anything in my way. please tell my what skill is required to collect things, why is it so hard? am i missing something besides holding a button on it? im not saying collectibles shouldnt be a part of the game but the idea that they are difficult is stupid

I didnā€™t say that they are difficult. I said itā€™s challenging to get them all. You have to discover every single place and to search for the collectibles.

Thatā€™s a great part of the game.

If youā€™re looking for a game that offers hard enemies that require much ā€œskillā€ to beat (btw. Describe skillā€¦ For me itā€™s for example what I need to be good in competive games), and nothing more, then youā€™re just wrong hereā€¦ Or you have to change your mind of the game.

Iā€™ll retire now. This topic is worth to talk about, but not if youā€™re just talking to others with wrong expectations to the gameā€¦ At least in my opinion.

@attacke27 tell you what when you can take down 10 hunters 2 harvesters a tank and a level 4 rival all in 1 sitting(no running away for resupply) without dieing and using no adrenalin and using no more then 25 medkits of choice then you can even begin to say the game might be to easy. Oh and for the record thats all as one group and a head count before the first shot is fired. I didnā€™t bother counting the runners. Harvesters spawn hunters. Oh and for it to actually be worth mentioning you need to kill everything.
Or how about a group consisting of 80 hunters and 100 runners again no running away no dieing no adrenalin and no more then 25 medkits.

Careful not to run out of ammo

Personally i find taking on a solo tank or a solo harvaster or even a solo reaper or a solo rival childs play.

I also donā€™t care the difficulty you have it set on.
@Moldyaco this goes for you as well

idk what gun are you using? just grab some exp medkits and your expiremental pvg and no machine or group of machines is a problem. and for your question, ive taken down more than that without even healing once. this game is incredibly easy. how long have you played?

I highly doubt that you engaged without running away facing those groups of that size. The only way to do that is cheating. Theres way too much going on that your getting hit enough to atleast use 2 medkits even if they are just small ones.

1 Like

again how long have you been playing genz? when i first started i wouldnt approach even a single hunter, but now i can obliterate hordes of large machines like harvestors tanks and wolves. the second you get the experimental pvg 90 the game changes into a robot farming simulator pretty much.

I took those messes down 2 weeks in maybe level 20 ish.

Your poking and prodding it with ā€œhigh powered weaponsā€ of course its going to get easy. And the pvg makes it even easyer with its long reach.

Try doing such feats with just an AI or an AG4 maybe packing an 84mm or RLG
Get right in the thick of it
Or even better try taking a hoard down with an n16

thats what i call not getting prepared i use stealth as my collecting resources

Stealth is useless when the only option to get what your after is threw.

I use stealth quite alot myself but often find myself in situations where once i was done recon my only option was to run at them guns blazing. I actually have at times been trapped at a safe house because there was no way to sneak out.

because people think its useless i have two characters one of them is stealth and the other one is for combat and survival.

Stealth is by no means useless my character is a build of combat and stealth.

However that said there is a time and place for stealth and trying to do stealth always is a fools act because some of the best loot is on the dead

Iā€™d say Gen Z is not a hard game. Once you know what you aare doing you can go through almost any situation without a problem. Just being prepared and knowing enemy weakpots and attack patterns is about 99.9% of the way there. Having both of those is not hard to do either.

To me, for a game to be ā€œhardā€ or ā€œdifficultā€ is it being a tough challenge when both of those criteria are met and more. GZ just does not have it.

Having to use worse gear to actually make it a challenge does not make the game difficult.

It;s just GZ is balanced in a way that vertain set ups will make any half comptetent player invincible. Example being exp medkits and shoch ammo with a kvm. A proper tank build and some movement will allow this to level anything. Adding more bots just means it will take longer.

im giving my self challenge if i didnt make stealth build. it would actually be 55 times harder it saved me alot time not only that stealth i good looting crates weapons boxes are actually good enough for me my main character has the strongest setup for damage with exp but im not using it just makes me invincble ( its not fun if theres no challenge)

Looking for a real challenge?
Take down a level 4 wolf rival without going after the minions or the nano healing hardpoints.

It took me a number of trys to do it but i did it.
Tip you need to keep it facing you with the missle pods intact priority 1 is to fire the missles at you second is healing third is the gun. And donā€™t forget to bring lots of ammo and dodge

experimental pvg 90 to the head
it will die extremely quickly. that thing is semi auto and has 18 shots. each shot can take out prob 5-10% of an apoc tank. wolves are weaker than tanks.

And yet its still underpowered compaired to its real world counter part.

With the real world version i could take down every toaster 1 shot.

I have watched as a round from its real world counterpart disabled the tracks on an M1 Abrams with the first shot then with the second shot disabled the turret completely went on to take down 5 or 6 tanks.

Toasters have a whole lot less armor against the real world counterpart.
Real world version of the pvg "FMJ"s are actually AP rounds and AP rounds are designed for taking on real world tanks.

Ammo for thought

Pretty sure this is just wrong. The FMJ in GZ depicts ball, which is unarmored targets. The AP depicts IRL AP (black tip). Saying one is made to fight lightly armoured vehicles (not tanks), and the other is just AP is just not necessary or correct.

Also, any sources this happened? A well placed shot from a .50 could indeed damage a tank, but I have yet to hear of a wildly succesful attempt such as this one.

I am not even sure why this was broughtr up in a thread about the difficulty of GZ either TBH,.

2 Likes

The game has been out for a while, people are use to how it plays now. Its time for the devs to add a hardcore/survival mode. Adding survival mechanics on top of the gameplay will make it more challenging as well as extend the longevity of the game by giving players something different to do. I wonā€™t get into details Iā€™m sure theirs a thread with tons of survival mode ideas.

1 Like

Yes, there already are some really good ideas.
Besides of that I would really appreciate a new game + button, to start a new game but with all challenges and collectibles you already did/found.

Most important, regarding the weapon packs, would be to change the way you get access to the weapon pack weapons. There already is a suggestion for that, too.

For more possibilities to make the game harder there could be advanced difficulty settings, where you could apply maximum numbers of items (health kits, adrenaline, ammo, field radios,ā€¦) or with switches for deactivating fast travel, penalties for dying, a maximum number of lifes and much moreā€¦

But vice versa there would have to be game filters for multiplayer game search, where you could look especially for games (i. e.) without fast travel activated.

2 Likes

I have never heard of any long range ā€œsniper rifleā€(dmr or amr) ever using ball ammo its way to inaccurate.
In general the pvgs real world counter part punches threw a cars engine block like a hot knife threw butter with FMJs by sheer force the round becomes too deformed on impact to do heavy armor but light armor could be done with skill.

The point was more he is finding it easy cause hes using a gun that in context is overpowered yet still not as powerful as it could have been. Meaning the devs could have made it even easyer.

Look up sniper takes down stolen tanks during operation desert storm