Is generation zero too easy?

These two rounds perfectly describe the ones found within GZ. These are in fact used with the Barrett rifle.

As far as I can tell this turns up nothing. Only some related news articles of snipers or domestic tank theft. So that is why I asked for a source.

Anyway, should probably get back to topic.

Can you cite the actual gun those are used for?
Those look like bawolf or bmg rounds which are far different from an amr round.
While yes all 3 guns are .50 cal so is the desert eagle but each of them in general use a different .50 cal round the de uses a standard handgun/revolver based round while the bawolf uses something with more kick and the AMR uses rounds with even more kick so much so that hip firing or shoulder mounting an AMR is a stupid idea

But again the guys saying its easy while running around using a gun that in real life would rip right threw toasters

Those rounds he mentioned are .50 BMG. Used in the PVG aka M82 and the M2 Browning.

These are the list of military cartridges for the .50 BMG, the round the PVG within the game is chambered in. I am not sure an “AMR” round is a thing. The PVG is an AMR. Would that not make anything round it fires this “AMR” round? Any search for “AMR round” just comes up with the definition for an AMR, with an example being a rifle that fires .50 BMG, the exact round I am referencing for ball.

Either way, ball ammunition can and is used on rifles such as the M82, barrett lists it on their wbesite along side it. While I am sure it is not preferred over other types, it is by no means impossible to use.

As for this bearing on the topic at hand, them using a weapon that is technically under powered when compared to real life does not actually say anything about the difficulty of the game. Saying that the game could be easier does not make it not easy now. You do not even need to use the most OP weapons for this game to be easy. The only thing these weapons allow you to do is make fights go by faster.

1 Like

even without the experimental pvg genz is not difficult. i just restarted the game all i have is 1 and two crown basic guns. the game is still easy. proper utilization of your environment and no machine is a challenge

Well to me it’s not easy, yeah maybe one or two tanks or Harvesters are easy to take out but go hunting for a Apocalypse Tank Rival and run into two Finx Tanks along with it along with a bunch of Apocalypse Hunters & runners it gets difficult even on Skirmish which is what I play on.

2 Likes

except it really isnt. i can take out every single tank and harvester on himjfall in 30 mins without dying.

Almost like difficulty in video games is subjective, 1 guy can have problems with killing a single prototype tank while someone else can have no problems with killing 15 apocalypse tanks.

You can argue if gz is easier than other games in the same genre but people will always say that a game is hard or easy no matter what it is.

2 Likes

If it’s too easy set up your own house rules. Like things you can’t use or do.

For me if I set up a rule not to die in the game with my first character it would be hard as hell because I play on guerilla and I die a lot and sometimes on purpose if I have low health and are planing on going to a new location. But I mainly use that with friends for hunting machines and have a good time so I don’t care that much about easy/hard with it. Or if I die or not.

But I have a second and with that one I can only use what I can carry. So no plundra. And I try to die as little as possible. And no crafting. And only fast travel if I play with someone else. Never if I’m alone.

And no exp weapons or exp stuff with any character. Mostly because I don’t like the star wars feeling in them and secondly because I think they make the killing a bit too easy.

House rules are for making games harder or easier depending on what you are after and if it is possible.

4 Likes

yea but there should really be a harder mode or difficulty. we shouldnt have to make our own rules to make it hard

I wish i could give you my map theres so many toasters that stealth often is not an option.

Still trying to figure out why at times i have 5 times the toasters shown in videos on YouTube.

Devs can make the game harder without touching enemy ai. Like I said before this game needs a hardcore/survival mode. No fast travel, less health pack loot, less ammo loot, enemies reset to 100% if you die.

“needs” is not the word I would use.

why not? this game does need a harder mode.

It does not “need” it.

I would say a harder mode would be a great addition. I just think adding survival mechanics is not a good idea.

1 Like

What GZ could really use is a good revamp of the 3 difficulties.

Adventure is pathetically easy, but if someone enjoys it that’s fine by me.

Skirmish currently makes for the most enjoyable gameplay experience, with a pleasant flow in combat situations. However, for a veteran player, Skirmish is no challenge at all.

Guerilla is a challenge, I suppose. My main issue with Guerilla is that it turns the machines into bullet sponges, without really making them that much harder. Spending lots of time shooting at each enemy ain’t what I see as fun.

Instead, give the machines a better AI, and make them a real threat to players again. Like I’ve said before, a refined version of the April ‘20 difficulty should be a fun challenge to many. :blush:

5 Likes

Agreed. The current form of “AI” makes the enemies too predictable.

Nevertheless “too easy” is not the argument I would use for GZ in general. When you encounter just a bunch of hunters, fine. That’s not a real threat. But when you have 2 harvesters, 2 tanks a dozen hunters with flechette and poison gas guns and a tank with a rail gun you will definitively have a hard time. (Had this just yesterday in Sandbo. Harvester took turns with barrages while hunters spammed the area with gas.)

The thing with almost everything is, that the more time you invest in a thing, the more accustomed you become, making the “thing” more accessible, predictable and therefore a bit easier then at the beginning.
I think the dev team is way too small to program a real type of AI, so the only thing they can do is to make some algorithms that provide a challenge in a fight.

At the moment there are already some types of combat algorithms in place: at least one machines stays in a distance and shoot from there (usually hunters with flechette guns, runners with rockets etc.). The enemies try to flank you, while one or two keep you busy others move to flank. The only thing that’s still weird is that in some cases the enemies go behind a building (like those containers) while the player remains inside it.

There are several ways to improve the gameplay:
At the moment the machines take their time with aiming (except the reaper who is able to adjust the direction of the missiles during it’s launch procedure keeping the missiles flying at the moving player). I think the target-to-shoot-time could be a bit snappier reducing the time the player has to react.
Make the machines a bit more intelligent like hiding in cover and only come out to shoot and hide after shooting.

Maybe this could be some form of NG+ option (without the need to restart) after the player finished the main quest for some type of “enemy overdrive” due to the increased threat from the player. And/or make it a thing for Guerilla.

Yeah, it’s basically “time required in Skirmish × bullet-sponge-factor”. This becomes too boring over time.

5 Likes

So how did it go playing level 3 FNIX Base assault on Guerilla with 2-star weapons?

… Yeah that’s what I imagined. :sunglasses:

Guys guys. You cannot say the game is easy unless you fight 700 apoc tanks solo max diff with scaling and only a 1c moller with 4 bullets and win wtihout getting hit.

Or do another random arbitrary challenge I set out.

On another note, you cannot say it is too hard either unless you lose to a proto runner with an exp PVG at 400 meters while trying your hardest to kill it.

7 Likes

That’s what I tried to say, too.
And you cannot compare it just with a linear story based singleplayer game.
That’s not what the game wants to be.

And therefore you cannot just say “the game is too easy”. If I say a game is too easy, it’s a linear solo game I can play through without any difficult.

It’s an open world with challenging moments, situations and enemies.

But the fun of this game don’t just depends on a challenge, but on the scenery, some surprising situations, that what you can explore, the beautiful graphics and effects and of course the fun to fight the machines together with some friends and the satisfactory moments when you beat a tank and its supporting units with a perfect assault or a perfectly working trap or ambush.

Of course there is much that could be improved, but the fun is what you make fun.

3 Likes