Journals of the pilot teaser

Day 1

I began to return all of the people in the boat back to Östertörn because they were all saying they were ready to go home and it was nearing the end of the trip so I thought I should bring 'em home by that point. I for some reason felt uneasy then an odd whistling flew past my head then one of the other boats was blown up followed by the next but there was only four of us piloting the boats and two were blown up so I increased the speed to max and just barely crashed into a rock at shore barely nobody survived that I could find so I proceeded and entered a building and found a dead machine doglike thing in the living room and a pistol, although I couldn’t name it. I heard a gunshot and followed over to a church and found a man, and a woman both alive and ok with no visible injuries from as far as I checked they asked if they had seen their son I asked where they were at last they said they were coming back from a trip to one of the nearby islands and I told them everything including what happened to the boats but I said I saw it from afar instead of taking the blame for their son’s death. They told me what they knew and what they had seen and who they watched die they said that they were all that remained of their group after they had all been waiting at the docks when they attacked a few hours ago before we came back they had said that they saw what may have caused the string of crashes involving the boats there was a massive two legged beast that took out a tank and a hole platoon of soldiers with what seemed to be a rocket launcher but it fired many so any slow moving target was toast also the platoon was annihilated but they saw a few get away and we all hope they managed to survive in this hell hole but I doubt they did anyway the parents said that the two legged thing was the real tank “where are you going next?” I said "we are heading to Salthamn and going to make only a few stops at some low level places to leave supplies and notes for their son in case they were alive I felt guilty and I wanted to admit it but I couldn’t…

2 Likes

It’s short I will try to make it longer next time sorry
Also this is kinda just a teaser wait till at least two month’s and more will be out M U C H more
HOPE YOU LIKE IT (don’t worry I will feed all your tank, harvester, and reaper desires soon enough)

Hi. :slightly_smiling_face:

If you’re gonna write a story, why do you make a topic starting with «I got bored» and then ask what we think, but you say you don’t care… This doesn’t really encourage anyone to want to read more, does it? If you’re gonna call your story «Journals of the pilot», then why not just give the topic that name? Try to give readers a reson to wanna stay.

Other than that, I just have to say that your story is difficult to read when you don’t use punctuations to separate the sentences. Also, some spacing in between the text would really help, or it’s just gonna look like a huge wall of text.

That’s my honest opinion. I encourage you to keep writing if that’s what you want. If you also want to read, there are other stories too on the forum, including one I wrote myself, but haven’t quite finished yet. :slightly_smiling_face:

Here’s a few:

Iron Infestation - A Generation Zero Story
By myself

A Rude Awakening
By @Zesiir

Helldiver’s Diary A Generation Zero Story
By @helldiver

2 Likes

Corrected topic title and moved topic to #community-content subforum

//Mod

I have read them actually they were the first ones I read and I loved them 5 stars iron infestation right yeah are you still writing them?
Oh and sorry if you didn’t like it I kinda just winged it.
Tried my best

I was gonna finish my story in 1 or 2 more chapters, but now I can’t find the time to write anymore… Who knows, it might happen someday. :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s not that I didn’t like it, I just gave my opinion on how it was written. Sorry if it seemed negative. Wasn’t meant that way. :slightly_smiling_face:

I know it, wasn’t that negative so don’t worry

I love the story, it might need to be looked over for typos and such so that it can be read better, but otherwise it’s a great teaser. you could easily write a survivor diary of the main character.

1 Like

Oh thanks I am doing pretty well as of now and I think it might be done in two weeks and for the record so you all know it’s based on another world where the pilot of the boat survives and the main protagonist of the real game has higher chance of death or is maybe brought to a place where it’s safe. In other words the fate of the main protagonist of the real game is unknown until later in the story.

Sorry I have indeed not been writing the story whatsoever I apologize for this I just have lost the inspiration and haven’t had anytime to do it because of school and other stuff I will try to keep writing if you all want me to try and finish it
Just let know if you want me to keep writing
I have more recently been giving up on writing this story and might just finish the current chapter and end it there

you should keep writing, I know I enjoy the story, continue writing for me and the others who do enjoy the story you started with.

Please keep writing!

1 Like

Alright I will write on the weekends and times I can alright?

Good luck. Hope you find the inspiration you need. I’ll give it a read when it’s done. :wink:

1 Like

Day 1

I began to return all of the people in the boat back to Östertörn because they were all saying they were ready to go home and it was nearing the end of the trip so I thought I should bring 'em home by that point. I for some reason felt uneasy, then an odd whistling flew past my head then one of the other boats was blown up followed by the next but there was only four of us piloting the boats and two were blown up so I increased the speed to max and just barely crashed into a rock at shore barely nobody survived that I could find so I proceeded and entered a building and found a dead machine doglike thing in the living room and a pistol, although I couldn’t name it.

I heard a gunshot and followed over to a church and found a man, and a woman both alive and ok with no visible injuries from as far as I checked they asked if they had seen their son I asked where they were at last they said they were coming back from a trip to one of the nearby islands and I told them everything including what happened to the boats but I said I saw it from afar instead of taking the blame for their son’s death.

They told me what they knew and what they had seen and who they watched die they said that they were all that remained of their group after they had all been waiting at the docks when they attacked a few hours ago before we came back they had said that they saw what may have caused the string of crashes involving the boats there was a massive two legged beast that took out a tank and a hole platoon of soldiers with what seemed to be a rocket launcher but it fired many so any slow moving target was toast also the platoon was annihilated but they saw a few get away and we all hope they managed to survive in this hell hole but I doubt they did anyway the parents said that the two legged thing was the real tank “where are you going next?” I said “we are heading to Salthamn and going to make only a few stops at some low level places to leave supplies and notes for our son in case they are alive.” I felt guilty and I wanted to admit it but I couldn’t… Should I?

I mean they would probably kill me or use me as machine bait I have to keep this a secret unless we are in a situation close to death or worse at death’s doors as I say it but either way I will tell them eventually after enough time and when they are ready for it but until then I need to keep this hidden in the isolated side of my brain. We found a farm but it was infested with those small dog robots. We decided to call them runners because of their great speed while they ran but we also found another thing while we were there.

Then we were attacked by a humanoid robot we almost died from and it had a blade big enough to cut us into small little slices. We engaged combat and the woman got a decent sized cut that we needed to patch up soon enough I saw a gas tank on its back I told them and the man shot it and it exploded into a cloud of smoke and fire after closer investigation we found out it had a submachine gun attached to its right shoulder and it seemed to have a built in radio for other backup luckily it was already deactivated it seems to be an award for eliminating survivors or at least that is a theory maybe it was damaged during battle I’m not gonna be able to figure it out because of its damage I will see if I can investigate further if I can repair it or find another deactivated one but not damaged but just then I heard a low tone siren like sound and when we turned around we saw it the two legged tank that took out the hole platoon of soldiers.

We didn’t want to open fire because we don’t have the weaponry for it and we knew that if we tried we would be killed in the process so we needed to distract it and then run its a bad strategy right? It’s the best we could think of short of just shooting at it.

We entered the house and found a boombox we knew had sound detection so this would work. We also found a decent medkit that should help the woman I need names though who are they? Will I know before I die?

I guess we’ll find out soon enough! I hope…

We ran and found a few other areas we could stay at of which they still haven’t told me their names I guess I won’t know we found some four legged robot with heavy plating of most of the weak points and it seemed to be gathering fuel also it had a big gun we think might be a sniper or railgun so we knew that we shouldn’t engage in combat and we knew that we were mostly surrounded so we did the only thing we could, we ran I don’t care we don’t have the firepower to beat them yet.

We ran until we got to the bridge to Salthamn. We saw three of those humanoid robots again and they chased us into the forest after we engaged because we thought we could beat them. We were wrong, so very wrong these ones were green and there was black one which most likely could have killed us all it had what seemed to be a kind of shoulder mounted sniper rifle and then an arm mounted shotgun as well as these smaller robot deploying things the smaller robots had four legs and were used as bombs and these ones also had green ones but only a few and the green ones had a kind of scorpion tail with a syringe of poison on it also the humanoid machine had a kind of blade that seemed quite common on them.

What we didn’t know was that they were natural hunters they would surround the group send in a few small bug robots and while we were distracted they would attack us both me and the man were injured but they were mild we should be fine we all attacked the black one and tried our best to stomp in the small ones whilst firing at the hunters at best we managed to kill most of them one dropped an EMP and we grabbed it and disabled everything else and ran again we managed to get to the bunker and successfully bandaged up and looted the place after eliminating the few other small robots we found a enough food to last about a week. We will rest here for awhile.

This is the first chapter that you know new so enjoy it (there’s more but it’s unfinished) I hope you enjoy it

But yeah that’s the full first chapter. (I think)

Ok I have lost full inspiration for this “project” at this point because of other stuff going on rn irl so sorry everyone but this thing won’t get anything new for awhile

Don’t worry about it, come back to it when you can! IRL comes first :+1:

If I can I will try to get at least one more in eventually
But until then I request for the admins not to close this topic

Give me at least 5 or 6 days and I can start working on all this stuff again
While I’m on vacation I’m gonna be able to work on this and some other writing stuff
I’ll give some new stuff soon

1 Like