Letter from the Development Team - April 12th

It would be better to say you and some others don’t want it.

I however would like one that works all the time instead of deciding to ignore the pair of dogs that I have lost site of because somebody decided to stand in front of the TV.

In real life you would have proper audio hints (it a robo dog crashing about) but it’s a game and they need to account for such sensory losses

2 Likes

Looking forward spending the easter holidays playing with thiese fixes/updates =)

All the people saying “you should fix this and this and that”. Wait untill the patch is released and se what is fixed. Then we can start a new list of things that needs to be adressed =)

Soloplayers: I feel for you =( I have not played solo myself, not against hoards of robots or the bigger ones at least. Start hoarding those adrenaline shots now :slight_smile:
As I said above, wait untill the release of the update. Maybe they have tweaked something for solo players already.

I completely agree with @Malthezar, @uldskule, @J4545, @Erkawest and @Zambrick. Lowering the adrenaline drop rate merely punishes solo players.

Even worse, it’s in response to an extremely vocal minority of players, who are now largely absent the forum. Players who had also, from their comments about there being ‘too much ammo,’ never left the Archipelago at the time they made those posts.

Besides, what’s the point in trying to balance the adrenaline when there are so many bugs that result in the players getting wiped in the first place?

7 Likes

Wiped… try 6 shots of rocket launcher and the big ass bot laughs at you while playing solo.

2 Likes

Yeah, I save 12 Granatgevar m/49 rounds (and the weapon itself), for an unexpected pack Hunters. Of course, the trick is breaking contact long enough to switch it with my sniper rifle.

For the big boys I use EMPs + Propane Tanks and/or Large Fuel Cells.

Hi everyone,

Please do not make the game harder this way. I do understand that a big part of the game is meant to be carefully choose your fights and thus to avoid risky moves. I am actually level 17, I love exploring the map to complete missions (and I love the real need to explore) I am getting better at taking enemies down and I am not reluctant to flee when needed. Avoiding enemies and slowly crouching IS important and a big part of the special atmosphere but destroying hunters and tougher enemies is already challenging enough when swarmed. The learning curve is, I think, excellent (both ingame with skills and for real with practice) and it should not be made steeper. In most winnable fights just a few adrenaline shots are enough but you can sometimes find yourself swarmed (destroy seehers first;-) and have to consume some ammo and adrenaline. It would make the gameplay tedious to have to farm too much.
By the way, I play solo and have played twice with my brother (3 hours total). I love both.

Thanks for that great game.

Chris

4 Likes

That’s entirely true and i wasn’t saying people shouldn’t be frustrated. I’m just hopeful that it won’t be game ending for solo players, we’ll have to see when this actually releases if adrenaline is nerfed beyond enjoyment but i think it’ll just make searching houses maybe a bit more valuable. After beating the game i rarely actually raid houses as i can get everything i need on the road side or military buildings, so this change might make doing that actually worthwhile.

1 Like

Apologies, @tene. That comment wasn’t targeted at you in the slightest. Upon second reading I can see how it could be misconstrued as such. My fault for being a catty bitch. :bowing_man:

2 Likes

Sounds great! Here’s hoping to see the patch soon. Had my first major crash the other day, so really looking forward to it.

1 Like

I can see why people playing in groups would want the Adrenaline rates dropped, but as a solo player I can say that it would cause me issues. I can spend a whole evening never using a single shot, only to get myself stuck in a stupid situation (usually because my trap for Hunters failed) and I have no desire to respawn in a safe house and trudge across the map to get killed yet again (repeat ad nausium) it’s supposed to be fighting robots not a hiking simulation.

I ended up running out of useful ammunition and was forced to use the 9mm pistol, Meusser and the shotgun after being jumped by two tanks, a large number of Hunters and Runners.

Probably shouldn’t have happened in the first place but I was called away from playing to deal with some real world stuff and a fleet of seekers turned up and summoned everything within several kilometers

It was slow going

3 Likes

Im just saying it would be nice if when i shoot a rocket at a big ass robot it feels the pain it looks its creating lol not like its the terminator.

3 Likes

Just what I was thinking as I read all these posts “This update is coming with literally hundreds of fixes and patches… why don’t they just wait and see, the update is THIS week!”. :+1:

3 Likes

Let me rewrite that “the update is probably this week” as until it actually arrives

While I want a patch, I do want one that doesn’t introduce some larger issue and the devs don’t want to do that either

2 Likes

They did say this week but no specific day :grin:

Oh no problem at all Vas! I find you post opinions that are really similar to mine and usually can bank on you posting something i’d say but even better, so i was just making sure i wasn’t being one of “those guys” :speak_no_evil:

1 Like

It seems to be the new meta… putting games out way before they are ready . They seem to be following in the footsteps of Fallout76 . Devs release these “games” too soon and rake in the cash … then if theres issues… good luck, they already have ur money.

False advertisement is STILL illegal.

1 Like

If adrenaline shots availability is reduced then robots melee attacks damage has to be reduced considerably.

I’m a solo player, and the adrenaline shots are essential.

Why don’t people who play multiplayer make a conscious decision with their team mates to only carry 2 adrenaline shots each for example, and rely on each other to revive. You are not forced to pickup and use adrenaline shots, so you can make the game harder for yourself by not picking them up.

This way everyone will be happy.

2 Likes

Sadly I don’t think many people would actually do that. Adrenaline shots are just too good, even in multiplayer. Especially when you are spread apart while fighting a tank or a harvester and you get downed

I’m only referring to those who are finding it to easy.

You have the freedom to use as many as you wish :grin:

1 Like

Fair enough. Yeah I’m not at that stage by any means yet :joy::joy:

1 Like