Letter from the Development Team - April 12th

Hi,

Welcome again to another weekly check-in. Last week we gave you a little advance preview of just a handful of the bugs we are fixing in our upcoming patch (as of now it looks to be around 200 fixes and improvements!); and today we are pleased to announce that we have a more concrete idea of when we can expect that patch to land.

As of now, and subject to further testing, we are aiming for our first major bug-fixing patch to arrive next week.

We are very thankful for your patience up until now, and sorry we were not able to communicate a clearer ETA earlier. We didn’t want to risk breaking trust by calling out a date, and then potentially miss it due to one of the many potential road-blocks that can happen during game development. We are as of today pretty confident in saying that next week we should be addressing many, many community-reported issues!

Although the upcoming patch is mostly targeting bug-related issues we were able to do some smaller adjustments. We say “smaller” in terms of development needed for us to implement them, they should have a big impact on how you experience the game.

After the update you can expect to see that reviving now feels a lot more meaningful. Adrenaline Shot items now consume on use (as was originally intended), and you’ll need to use one each time you resurrect a team-mate or yourself. Additionally the droprate of these items has been lowered somewhat.

The second change consists of many smaller improvements to the way machines work, they should start to feel more challenging post-patch.

Again, this patch is primarily focused on bug-fixing, so we aren’t by any means “done” with adjustments and tuning, expect a steady flow of improvements as we continue live development.

Short, sweet, and hopefully good news for many of you this week. Please note that next week there will not be an update like this due to public holidays, but by that time you should all be busy enjoying the new update anway!

Have a great weekend!

//The Generation Zero Team

14 Likes

Hey,

Will you be fixing the glitched trophies & achievements in the coming patch? I’ve made a list of which trophies are unavailable.

2 Likes

Sounds great, can’t wait!

1 Like

Good news. Thanks devs! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Seriously droping the drop rate for adrenaline shots and making the robots even stronger not cool for people who don’t have a team to run with hopefully you gota balance it both sides cause thats just bs beacuse the games hard enough as is a simple runner can drop you in seconds locking solo players off from Areas that are allready tough and not being able to take down specific enemys Alone aka tanks harvesters hunters this is just a bs ploy to force the multiplayer when the game was advertised as a singleplayer/co op game as the fact that most low enemys can drop you in seconds this needs to be changed in solo and damage adjusted accordingly becuse just 4 runers or hunters you can go through about 60 adrenaline shots just to get through the game will go from being fun as is now to why bother beacuse really who wants to go around just avoiding everything they see and looting

9 Likes

Yeah, well…I play solo, so without a decent supply of adrenaline I am dead.

Why not just allow me to use a health pack with a simple D-Pad push, instead of having to equip the dang thing first? Push D-Pad, health pack used–health goes up, etc.

Why is that so hard to do? Most every other FPS type game uses that technique.

Hopefully, you will provide controller mapping in a future update as well.

6 Likes

Thanks for this game, but I thanks you more to your interest of what your players feel and need, with this forum we can talk with the dev and not just with a community manager, I like the way you considers us as players, not customers.
I’m waiting this update and I’m sure it will be great, take your time to finish it and deploy it,

3 Likes

I’ve really been looking forward to this kind of update! Major thanks to the developers for working so tirelessly to get this game in better shape. You all deserve huge respect for doing what even some AAA developer teams cant seem to do, which is hearing out your community even during shakey times. :smile:

@uldskule and @Malthezar i do think that you’ll still be able to farm them, you might just need to work a little more to get them. as for the medkit advice, maybe post that in the forum for community feedback :slight_smile:

I’m enjoying the game so far but I feel like you just royally screwed solo players, myself included. First of all, you lowered drop rates for adrenaline shots. And also made ai more challenging, if it wasn’t already challenging enough for solo. I’m just saying facing off against one hunter and four robot dogs is challenging for me because I have terrible aim so shooting at the dogs is kinda hard, for me. And the Hunter isn’t to hard to hit but it tanks damage so much. Let alone how much damage it does to you it really doesn’t seem balanced very well. I still have not met a tank yet and god only knows how hard that’s gonna be to take out. So what I’m trying to say is that, you should take into consideration that playing solo just is not easy when you have nobody to help watch your back. And the only thing we could rely on was adrenaline shots, you kinda just made this game lot more of a pain to play solo. When you run into an infested military base with four Hunters, nine robot dogs and a bunch of ticks. With how bad the difficulty is right now you just made it so much worse.

5 Likes

Yes, please don’t nerf the adrenaline shots for solo players. It was already hard enough playing solo and sometimes battles would consume 15+ adrenaline shots. I can’t imagine I could’ve beat the game without adrenaline shots on solo.

8 Likes

Please address the enemy indicator now! We don’t want it. Make it optional at least.

3 Likes

Oh great… MORE challenging.
As a person who plays solo a lot I might have thought that implementing a sytem of Easy, Medium and Hard might have been both better and fairer.
I feel like have paid for a game which you are now attempting to squeeze me out of. You have a single player mode which is already challenging so why the rush to just make it even harder? Why is it that the only voices to be heard are the most radical or hardline? Harder, harder, harder?
How about fun? Or is that a long lost concept in the modern world of gaming?

6 Likes

The inventory system could use a upgrade like if I have Health packs loaded on the use bar and pick some up put them where my old ones are … please fix the mission tracking!!! I load missions and have no clue where to go find the mission unless I search all over and luck up on it…

That being said you made a Fun game , keep up the great work…

for me, not having runners, hunters, and even tanks partially or completely come through walls will balance out having fewer adrenaline shots. I can’t count the number of times a hunter has nailed me through a wall.

3 Likes

Awesome you guys paying attention, fixing bugs and all, but it would be awesome, if the game wasn’t this mess in the first place.
Frankly speaking it’s outrageous that you put out something this broken - with world literally ripped from theHunter:Call of the Wild, and so little substance (this game is asking to be more - like a real survival title), this shouldn’t be filled with so many bugs, glitches and straight up game-breaking errors.

1 Like

Awesome…Thanks for the ETA

2 Likes

l hope the 100% cpu usage is at the top of this list… Its has stopped my brother from playing the game full stop.
It would be nice for a future update to see mines and gas bottles that l have placed in robot patrol paths, not despawning , persistence of placed objects would be great , no point to having these objects at the moment… More traps would be cool to , and a place to make them and fix/maintain my rifle, maybe a small island bunker hideout. love the game great job.

1 Like

Sounds great! This major update will come for all systems, PS4, XBOX ONE and PC ?
Can’t wait…

1 Like

Everything sounds good except one thing. The Adrenaline issue. In Multiplayer that seems fine, however in solo due to the nature of all your enemy types having a massively overpowered melee mechanic built in already makes solo such a challenge.

So you can either fix the machines or you can leave the adrenaline alone.

You can fix the machines by limiting how many times they can melee in a given amount of time, or reduce the damage they all do. This also needs to include fixing the fact that all melee damage and deflection mechanics effect players through walls. In Fact If you are standing next to a wall after provoking a hunter, it will leap through the air and phase through the wall into the structure you are in and kill you.

How to fix the hunter. Dont let it jump slam you. Why would a mech of that size with that weaponry rely on its melee so much?

How to fix the runner, reduce and limit how often they can do a melee strike. Make its leap attack stop at the point of contact instead of just flying through the player. Its disorienting trying to find where the thing is after its jumped and hit you. Sometimes they phase through walls and objects during the attack and you cant find them at all until they leap through the wall and hit you a second time.

Ticks, Arrest forward momentum when they hit the player. That way they can be tracked in some manner. They phase through objects just like the runners. Limit how many times they can leap to a maximum of 3 and after the 3rd leap, they do their explodey thing.

A huge fix in the right direction would be to stop all phasing through objects. No more bots hitting you through walls unless its by the use of projectiles or fire/explosion.

6 Likes