Level cap has to go

Why is the a level cap of 30 in this game. It’s the first I’m hearing of it and it makes me want to stop playing. I put points into xp gain but whats the point if I can’t keep leveling till I unlock everything. Please change this devs grinding for unlocks is the only thing this game has going for it at the moment.

3 Likes

I’d counter that and say what’s the point of unlocking everything?

Having a level cap make a you think about what specialty you and your team are going to go for, I think that’s a much better way than having every single member being able to unlock every single perk

2 Likes

Yes the Devs said during the latest stream that they want some sort of strategy in how you unlock your skills. I like it.

3 Likes

I agree with the level cap but…how bout after we hit the cap, we could be allowed to reset our skill trees so we can try new things? I know the devs want to keep it interesting so maybe keep the experience points going even after the skill points stop and only allow us the option to reset our trees every couple of thousand xp, or whatever the set value or base it on time played and reset after so many hours. Any thoughts? I know I am like many who play this game, that didn’t realize there was a cap, so it would be nice to have the option. ( when i say reset skill trees, i mean keep the skill points we have earned and redistribute not start from scratch.)

3 Likes

ABSOLUTELY NOT!
As, levels = skill points = game unbalancing stuff.

ALSO: IF the Devs come up with new skills, how will they give them, as it no longer can be done through levels?
I mean: 1 level = 1 Skill Point.
If you raise the cap, this system becomes corrupted, as you “own” already the exceeded amount of needed levels to “skill up”…

Correct?

Further more: whether you’re leve 10’000’000 or level 30… you will be THE VERY SAME, as there are no more skills to hand out past the ones allowed.

Correct?

Thus: WHY remove level cap, as it HAS NO USE? :wink:

Maybe once the majority of the worst bugs have been properly ironed out, they could introduce a new game + feature, so you can play through the game again starting with the same stats and XP you had so you can build upon it.

1 Like

@Thierry_Onwed
Smart, totally ignoring my post…

Is there a reason I should acknowledge your post in my response to the OP?

Personally, I think it’s a totally harmless feature that gives people the option without affecting the integrity of the game.

@Thierry_Onwed
I explained pretty good why it is FAR from a harmless feature to remove level cap?

Or were you pointing at something else, maybe?

Being autistic, I often misunderstand things…

Besides: as folks ALREADY hack GZ, level will be haxxorred as well…
Making the level cap removal even more pointless.
Just check GTAO, as example…

Oh, and eh… they ALREADY hack level…
For the record.

I didn’t suggest to remove the cap, but once completing the game, a player then could have the option to start a new game with the same stats and continue the level up process if they so choose.

It’s been implemented on games previously, Borderlands, Dead Island to name a couple of examples. Days Gone is one that has just implemented the same feature.

This means you have to play through once as intended, thus not affecting the integrity of the game as previously mentioned.

A best of both worlds scenario.

2 Likes

@Thierry_Onwed
AAAH, my bad.
I hereby apologize, good sir.

Making new character already does that, and as long as you do not close the game, you can transfer gear to this new character…

“A new character” takes all Exp, unlocks, missions completed, and what not over from the first, or highest character. :slight_smile:

Sadly, TRUE!!!, missions are not reset… :frowning:
Maybe they should ask, DURING (edited) making new character, whether you like to keep Exp/Skill Points, whether you like to reset Missions, whether you like to keep gear…
Optional… of course. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No problem at all.

But does that mean, if you are already at level 30, that you then create a new character that cannot level up any further?

If you can, then an option to reset missions/gear would essentially be what I suggested, yes.

2 Likes

@Thierry_Onwed
Not one character can overcome the cap which is set.
Unless haxxorred of course…
But those “extra levels” would mean absolutely nothing. :slight_smile:

I understand you don’t see any point in it, but other people think otherwise and if you can cater for both parties, then why not?.

I am neutral to it, but I don’t understand any reason why anyone would strongly oppose it, particularly in a new game + style scenario, which is successfully implemented into many other games. As i’ve said, it gives other players who deserve to play the game their way as much as anyone else an opportunity to do so without affecting the features and play style that are already in place.

2 Likes

@Thierry_Onwed
Well, here’s the thing, with all due respect, mind (not sarcasm, actual respect): This game, as last wednesday confirmed by Mr. Graham, is meant to be a SURVIVAL game.
Removing cap then just makes absolutely no sense in this case.
More skill points make no sense.
Easy Mode? God forbid… it already is a “Hyper-Easy Mode”.

As for future add-ons and DLC coding: removing the cap would be the most unwise thing to do, why?
Well, because it limits everything…
Imagine, we get a new set of additional skills.
Right now, skill points are based on level…
Removing the cap, cripples that very system for future use.
I do not think, I need to explain this, correct?

So: Pragmatism and logic…
If removing cap is BAD for EVERYTHING, what shall we do…?
Remove the cap, or…?

ADDENDUM: each change affects everyone, opposed or not…
That is why I fight so hard to bring the game to it’s MEANT status: SURVIVAL game…
Because… it simply was meant to be that, survival game.

You make some fantastic points, but at the same time, adding this feature wouldn’t affect the integrity of the game on first play through and as it’s a choice, not a requirement, so I don’t see any issue with it.

Agree to disagree.

1 Like

I do not think, my friend, this even COULD be optional…?
I could be very wrong there, I mean, I am no programmer… but…

This is also a good idea, one well implemented by Borderlands 2.

1 Like

SOME games lend to it, some do not, like GZ in this case…
However, if OPTIONAL, I do not mind.
But damn if I allow this foolishness forced upon me…