Level Max ruined game for me. :(

I guess, my confusion comes from the complete inefficiency of that. I mean, what’s the point of that? It just doesn’t make any sense. And besides, I have (currently) 2 different characters. So, obviously, I am leveling up the new one differently. But, what’s the point of not being able to level up completely?

Soooo…I still don’t see why you cant combine all of that into one character. I mean, you literally just said that there are 64 skills. But you can only unlock less than half of them. So, then you say that obviously, instead of using 1 person with all of the skills, you naturally would split them up between 4 characters…? Why? I mean, if you need one character with a specific skill set, that means you would have to log out, then go into menu, then select the character with the right skills, then go back into the game, find where you were, then MAYBE the robots you were fighting will still be there, and if they are, the scenario in which you were fighting may have changed, therefore, rendering everything you just did pointless.

So, with that said, why not make all 64 skills available to just the one character?

Reason “Why” explained by the devs in here, at 00:10:10,
link: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/437997329?filter=archives&sort=time

Ok…so all I heard him say was what you already said. “If you want more skills, you cant respec, but you can make a new character.” (Paraphrasing) So, I didn’t really hear any new information, unless I somehow missed dialogue that they said that explained a logical reason to have 4 characters.

Did they at some point discuss why having one character with all of the skills is bad? Because I didn’t hear them say that. Also, although they explained why they added the 4 character feature, (so that you can have all of the skills) but they also didn’t explain why we cant just use one character.

Sorry if I’m getting annoying, but when I watched the part you said answered my question, I literally just heard the same line I’ve heard 10 times from other people.

Sometimes, hearing something from other players isn’t taken as credible as hearing it directly from the devs.

Well, devs don’t explain in-depth why they did this or that (then again, they have no obligation to explain anything). But best what i’ve heard so far are:
here, at 00:45:14, link: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/550826095?filter=archives&sort=time
and here, at 01:18:10, link: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/756453979?filter=archives&sort=time
here too, at 00:31:10, link: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/791718316?filter=archives&sort=time

So, that was a bit more helpful, although, it seems like the devs don’t even quite know what the plan is, because out of the 4 videos that you posted 2 or 3 of them don’t really seem like the devs knew what was actually going to happen in the future. So, I do have a better grasp on what their currently doing, at least. Thank you for posting those.

1 Like

I too felt deflated the first time I received zero experience points after winning a battle. I guess a Max Level is fine, but maybe stop reminding me that I’m not getting anything anymore for my trouble.

3 Likes

Maybe put a cap on the perks, but let us continue to level up indefinitely. Even if it is for nothing more than the bragging rights.

2 Likes

What are you talking about. There are enough players who want to reach level 87. The robots get heavier from time to time. I’ve reached the maximum level and don’t feel like playing any more. I don’t want 4 characters with different skills. I’ve played level 31 for many hours. And imagine how long level 87 would take ?! That would be a real challenge for me! And don’t play 4 characters individually! So boring!

@RobotHunter, I’ve edited your post. Please use a friendly tone when on the forums.

//Mod

As I said before somewhere else - aside “passive” skills like +dmg or increase other stat, what odds of you actually use all skills? Besides, multiple specializations on one character is quite wonky.

I wrote that pretty clearly.

What’s that supposed to mean?

I still think that’s utterly ridiculous. I bet the majority of players want a moderate raise in lvl. cap. Something like 5, 10 or 20 more points.

4 Likes

Personally, I wouldnt mind level 87. It would give me something to focus on. I know not every body would like that, so if they kept the four charecter option it would be nice.

Storage size and max level is something they really should adjust to the way the game is now.
With those things adjusted, with so many weapons we have and with the remaining bugs fixed the game would be perfect :grinning: .

Could you go into a bit more detail regarding this choice of number

I believe it is the skills points required to get every skill maxed.

The only thing “wrong” with level cap is, is that it isn’t told nowhere in the game.

If level cap would be told as soon as you start with GZ, it will avoid the griefing when reaching level cap.

3 Likes

Having leveled up several characters, when I bought my new computer, I started again from scratch using all my previous experience to pick my points. I only bother with one extra carry point (don’t really need more) and I left out everything that was a disappointment the first few times. I’m at 28 now, and struggling to think what to put my remaining points into. There’s nothing else I want.

What would be much more interesting would be to lose points every time you die. That would bring back the tension to the game, and keep you permanently leveling up.

2 Likes

Yes, it has been said in other threads that level 87 is the required amount to fully leve up a charecter.

It would be nice if we could at least pick and choose what we want, instead of having to unlock a whole line of abilities we dont nessisarily want. For instance, if you dont want to improve reload time, but you want some of the same things in the tree, you have to unlock it first.

There are 87 skills, if all are upgraded. But you’ll need to reach level 88, if you want to get 87 skill points. Since you start out at level 1 and you’ll get your 1st skill point at level 2. Due to that, skill system is shifted by one number.

This is something i’ve also suggested in here: [Suggestion] Skill Tree Rebalancing - #23 by Aesyle

Ah, yes. Well, then I need not explain your own idea. But the point still stands.