Machines materialising in front of my very eyes!

This started happening also in Farmlands :frowning:

In an area around that Rival that Iā€™m looking at:

1 Like

This game is in desperate need of a viewing distance slider!

I cant understand why this is not a thing in the game already.
The draw distance was much greater when I started playing a few years backā€¦

Iā€™ve just had an instance of this occurring at a much closer range and in a location where Iā€™ve fought dozens of tanks / harvesters without seeing this happen.

in my experince with this its bc the game has issues loading the enemy ā€œcharactersā€ at certain places if you use headphones you can hear areas where large machines like tanks or harvesters will spawn in at, which you may have found a spawn location so you know, iā€™ve also come across an entire that will disappear if you stand at a specific spot but i couldnā€™t get the map brought up in time to figure out where i was. i have very bad issues with ticks infinitely spawning so my game crashed.

but your issue seems like a glitch spot where something disappears, you should find the spot and stand there again and look around and see if other objects then just the machine disappeared.

Itā€™s known issue in relation with the control points, that should be adressed by the Recon Update on August 23rd, too.

Fingers crossed it works as planned!

Well I would not call this statement a proper QA :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I really need to know what went wrong

Did we get the wrong update? Like some sort of unstable dev build?

1 Like

Welp, looks like a certain issue has returned with the most recent update. This was from a stream i did on the 13th December, day after the update dropped.

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx0IGZ6SsGeju2HjBQ_5Rc7Ooaoryj5YxS?feature=shares

Same Tank right here, just after finishing the Base Assault.

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxUlbNZ2Qeo5L9iCpMkrdd4vsoiKX6lJSQ?feature=shares

1 Like

Whatā€™s that? Did you see this blip?
I almost would have said: bad cut.

Yes, thats why i was also surprised as something random occured. And last i checked, you cant fake live streams ( if you can, im definitely not smart enough to do so)

its because xbox cannot handle the ammount the stuff is going on. and the developers saw that its game crashing every 10-245 minutes so thats an natural thing that xbox players will see alot. im not sure about ps4/ps5 but should the same thing. so it means that developers are listening to xbox or ps4 bugs.

So you think that itā€™s not a bug, but a crash-prevention-feature?

I havenā€™t seen disappearing machines for a while now. Maybe youā€™re right and it depends on the system loadā€¦

If thatā€™s the case, it definitely needs improvements. It canā€™t just let machines, youā€™re in a battle with, disappear. Thatā€™s almost as frustrating as a crash, just without the need for restarting the game.

And of course they should try to find other ways of stability improvements. You cannot just remove the machines you have to fight againstā€¦

1 Like

this isnā€™t just on the xbox i have the problem every now and then too, in some random places on the map and iā€™m playing via steam on pc

One issue, i dont have an Xbox and im reporting this from playing on Steam as can seen in the clips i shared.

2 Likes

I highly doubt they would have brought over an xbox/microsoft fix over to steam if it was not needed, and steamā€™s so varied when it comes to crashes that they would be more inclined to change the minimum specs.

Plus, having machines despawn really close by as a fix for when your console/computer is struggling isnā€™t the best idea, but wouldnā€™t surprise me if they did add it. The better one would be to decrease the spawning radius of the machines around the player if they only wanted to change spawning/despawning scenarios.

Its still saddens me that machines despawning like this is still occurring, 8 months after I first noticed it. And its now on steam tooā€¦

Its always been on Steam, the bug also did get fixed in the September Hotfix. Dangerous Experiments reintroduced it