Recon Update - Coming Soon

Base Assault Update… Not Landfall. Landfall brought the soviets. That was the last really good update. Why did they take the focus on Bases after that?

6 Likes

I wish I knew.

(Random other text to get to 20 characters)

I believe they thought spamming bases through the map would bring more players and make the game more entertaining, not taking in consideration the bugs it introduced and making the game less unique and more “copied-and-pasted”.

1 Like

What’s going on with the dev team right now? We were doing so well in making the game so much more finished and better, but suddenly we started taking steps backwards at a startling pace.

1 Like

This is THE question I find my self asking a lot the last couple of months.

I dont get it at all, this is not only a very poorly made mechanic, considering all bugs and how much it affected the spawn of free-roaming bots. It is in my mind a very poor choice for this game storywise.

5 Likes

From what the team shared the bugs causing the majority of the crashes will be fixed with this update. Fingers crossed it works as planned!

This will be fixed with this update!

12 Likes

Hopefully the crashing are definitely fixed, mostly the reason its getting hard to enjoy the game. Same with machines rendering in and out existence in front of your eyes.

4 Likes

There are so many issues and bugs besides the crash causing one that I really hope get fixed

Info on the new Control points is here, South Coast is receiving 4 brand new ones. With a release Date of the 23rd of August.

3 Likes

8 Likes

Remove FNIX control points from the game et voilá crashes fixed… :confused:

4 Likes

This is not news to get excited about, it is VERY disappointing news. Fewer and fewer regions are reliable to play on, in those regions you avoid areas inside those regions. Statement that the crashing issue maybe be fixed? I don’t think I am alone when I think “we will see”. Not even happy that it may be fixed, adding more control points just sucks!

9 Likes

Yeh its sad the way things have been and are going.
1 control point per region would be enough, we dont need all this Base Spam making the game less unique, less stable, more empty.
At the moment not only its hard to believe the biggest issues will be fixed (i hope they will), its also difficult to be excited for new updates that will probably make the game more empty and more repetitive.

5 Likes

Isn’t the south coast already overrun?
With all these outposts? :thinking:

There is almost nothing to defend for us… even if we destroyed so many objectives in fnix rising.

I’m still excited how it will look like. I didn’t expect them for south coast so soon.

But much more I’m excited if the promised fixes work. Sadly I didn’t get the terminator gnome mask yet… And if the fixes work it will take even longer.

1 Like

Exactly lol, base assaults in general are pointless since the game already had FNIX bases. Except the old bases were not totally broken and all had really good lore.

2 Likes

Theres a few spots that immediately come to mind for me, problem being they are the spots that have the machine spawns. The area around Torsberga Fort, the area towards the Lighthouse, The open field west of Kalleby i think the town was called, and the area at the command bunker. I just hope these machine spawns get moved otherwise we risk having an empty region due to the control points being added. There could obviously be more areas that get revamped to fit these control points in, similar to what happened to the Farmlands in several locations just for the control points. South Coast was the last place that even needed any to begin with imo and should have been left alone from the Control Points

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m in the same boat but for me it’s the gold and silver mask. At least I managed to activate a gnome today but it dropped out at the end with a pink outline but it didn’t respond any longer… :confused: :man_shrugging:

Not sure what to think.

Always happy to have bug fixes, certainly can’t find reason to complain in that area.

They have a unique package with this game, sure enough it’s no longer what it was.

But they are improving it and that’s all I care about.

The base assault thing isn’t terrible but it’s not great and certainly could have alot more done too it, I mean to make it feel more natural.

If it’s going to be part of the game in the way they want it, it should carry more value, incentive.
A region with more FNIX bases should yeald more dangerous machines than a region settled by resistance. Regional buffs would be cool too.

Crafting certainly needs to evolve

Thiccer plot I wouldn’t mind, Make it Thiccc

Danger, needs a tad touch of more danger…or fear factor

3 Likes

:+1::laughing::fire:to bug fixes, I think we would all love some new missions with more lore and beef!
I’m going to build a boat to that empty island soon it’s just too tempting :exploding_head:

I’m still waiting for the second half roadmap.
I expected it for june or july. As it has been said in one of the last streams it should come with the next update.

There are just 4 month left for this year. What could come next? There are 3 regions left (+starting region) without control points. :thinking: :scream: So what about the 4th month? Story? Features? Even control points for the starting region? Bug fixing? A new isle? A weapon pack? Or nothing at all? We don’t know…