Machines ReSpawn?

Tanks aka propane tanks, gas tanks etc.

Well, I understand the principle, but doesn’t the armour keep out the bullets? Isn’t that what armour is for? If tanks exploded every time someone fired a hunting rifle at them, were’d be our tank regiments???

Please tell me you know the difference between a gas tank and a battle tank.

2 Likes

Ah, those tanks! Not the ones burning at the crossroads… Okay, mind you the time I used one of the big ones it took about eight shots to explode it, while the machines were busy jumping on my head… And the only big machine I have met, I fired at the tractor next to it, and before I could fire a second shot at the clearly unexploded tractor, the machine had left the tractor far behind and was standing next to me with his machine gun…

Tractors take a bit ore damage compared to cars to set on fire.

A single shot from a 50 cal will set a car up and a couple of bursts from the AK will set a car off

If you throw a medium EMP at a Harvester or Tank and throw a fuel tank under it’s feet while it’s off line, that will usually do the job (a FNIX usually takes 2 tanks.)

In the case of Harvester take the Runners out from a distance (the .270 is the worthwhile rifle in my opinion.)

Try to lure Hunters and Tanks close to the large storage tanks or cars and then hit them with a military weapon as that just feels so good.

I really hope there is a clear zone or such… it sucks when u spend ammo and med kit to secure the area but to see it got captured by the bot again when you respawn… I’d like it when they involve settlement or something like it to store equipment and ammo…

1 Like

ok, you guys talk about tanks, so I was wandering why don’t we employ those battle tanks in game to fight against those bots. I love those 105mm guns and M2 machineguns…

1 Like

@Hentai_in_action
Because YOU are the prey.
Thus YOU need to be “weak”. :slight_smile:

alas, I thought the game was meant to explore the truth and save the world from these bots… But isn’t it disappointing to be hunted even after arming yourself with various weapons? I thought the game should be more fun and engaging if the hero/heroine is powerful…

Try to see it this way, my friend:
Bots were dropped ashore, released, with only one command: seek and destroy all earth-dwelling life forms (dogs, cats, horses, you).
Somehow you escaped the original slaughter, but their (the mechs) program is unaltered: Seek and destroy life.
This continues throughout the story, and while you’re SECONDARY goal is to rescue humanity, your FIRST is to… survive…
Logical, dead people are not quite fit for rescue operations (and for crying out loud, Avalanche, NO ZOMBIES please!!! :stuck_out_tongue: ).
So, either avoid or destroy machines, make your way through the story, and make absolutely sure you still are at least somewhat alive at the end…
Then, and only then, you might be able to make a shot at saving humanity…

The game is not you being a hunter, or explorer, but a prey primarily.
Exploring is a secondary thing, needed, hell yes, but still secondary in this game…

1 Like

Explore to survive.

I have my suspicions as to why some of the options were offered, along with the devs simply being silly (nobody complained about the zmobie modes on CoD)

1 Like

That seems to make sense, bro. I don’t like the zombies they mention in that survey either, for they have forgotten what the core of the game is…
Anyway, I don’t expect to clear all of them, I just want to weaken them by destroying their gas and energy cell storage and make them less powerful. And you are right, survival is the primary thing to do, I think you got it.

@cta102
Silly… maybe not…
See: The GZ team did an extraordinary thing in GZ: a COMPLETE open end.
And THEIR job is to make money.

See, if YOU made a game, would you go for YOUR thing, or for what the general population wants?
Someone actually began doing HIS thing (Star Citizen), but at what cost?
It CAN be done, sure.
There’s always someone that will love what you do, however insane it becomes.
But that would turn out to be a less successful monetary endeavor, right?
And Avalanche’s task is… make money, first!

From where the game “ends” it can begin… EVERYWHERE, aliens, zombies, cave men, you can’t imagine silly enough, and it could go there.
But they want serious things, like… zombies… if this is what the people crave for.

Be realistic!
Think COD for one.
EACH CoD game develloped the frikken Zombie Mode.
Why?
Well, idio… errr… people… :stuck_out_tongue:

@Hentai_in_action
I hope this helped you understanding the core of the game?
If you have any other question, please fire away.

you keep on repeating the we are the prey and i agree that at the beginning we are but as we progress through the game we turn the tables and as the game trailer says “wage a guerrilla war against the machine invaders” thus becoming the hunters

1 Like

The core of the game is not you becoming a hunter, au contraire.
You’re a survivor of a human triggered extermination, maybe even extinction, being hunted as you are the last piece of meat that needs erased from existence…

BIG difference.

maybe that’s how you see it. and that’s fine, enjoy the game however you want. but my characters plan on hunting them down eventually, still getting hunted myself at the moment

1 Like

Oh, man, sorry, I did not mean, you are NOT ALLOWED to!!!
I said, the core of the game is us being prey.

I said somewhere, that YOU, the player, are a totally improbable hero.
Yes, extremely unlikely that you make it.
OR so the leftovers of humanity think.
But YOU, oh unlikely hero, will prove THEM different.
However improbable, you will change the course of history! :slight_smile:
And if that will be by erasing the machines rather than avoiding them?
Hell, go for that!!!

1 Like

@Xogroroth
You sound a bit tired and emotional, maybe you need a little nap, the whole premise this game (like almost every other game ever written) is a bit silly, it’s a company creating a game about a past that couldn’t have happened to provide us with entertainment in exchange for money.

Dinosaurs == silly

In the context of the game zombies (look up the definition of zombie, it’s not what Hollywood sells) and some of the options in the survey make sense

I have no doubt that the devs put silly things in there for their own amusement and to provide a bit of cover for what they are considering in the future.

BTW I am speculating and have no information about what they intend, but I know enough game devs to know how they behave.

1 Like

@cta102
I think you missed what I said.

The company needs to make money.
How?
Pleasing the masses, sadly.

Now, I do not think, many went for dinosaurs, zombies, killer tomatoes, or whatever.
Still, surprisingly, some might actually went for that option.
For whatever reason.

The survey was a good thing, however, yes, it had some SERIOUS questionable ideas.
I am 100% with you in this regard.

But imagine:
80% of those that did the survey, actually want dinosaurs ingame.
Dino’s that can fly, shoot pink lazorz from their plastic teeth while perfoming Maurice Ravel’s Bolero ballet.
If you are Avalanche: what will YOU do?

i think they should make that a game, but set it in the 50’s not 80’s

1 Like