Machines ReSpawn?

@kakarron
Please elaborate? :slight_smile:

make a game with the flying pink lazor shooting dinosaurs like you described, but the time period is in the 50’s

1 Like

But why the 50’s?

I mean, why not the mesozoic, or proterozoic era?

It ARE dinos!

50’s because dinos in the 80’s has allready been done (remember far cry blood dragon?).

1 Like

Ah, the far cry blood dragon is damn good, I just love the style of Rex.

I have no idea how this thread derailed so far off-topic, but I won’t allow any more discussion around anything other than respawning machines. If you want to discuss other theories or concepts, make another thread, please.

That and the fact that the 5.56 weapon does more damage than the 7.62 rounds lol…

1 Like

No,not the machine Tanks I’m talking about the red and yellow fuel storage tanks located throughout the complex.

Ah! Not very bright that day.

And if machines are going to respawn, then we should be able to work out where they respawn and leave mines!

That would be a way to exploit the respawn system, so I can’t agree with that one :slight_smile: I imagine if that started happening they might change respawn points of machines in order to stop it.

They shouldn’t respawn at all! What’s that all about? Rebuild, perhaps. Perhaps one component lying about crawls across to another and eventually rebuilds thfree machines where ten were destroyed. Or possibly repopulate along roads - each machine as it dies sends a signal to Machine HQ to tell them it is dead, and Machine HQ sends more robots, who nevertheless have to get there, and who could be ambushed along the way. Okay. Much more interesting, and no more difficult to do.

But the rest of the world is so realistic, that for me respawn out of thin air spoils it a bit. I understand some gamers simply see new “monsters” as a source of “skill points” but for me that ruins it. I try to stay alive at all costs - I have to suspend my disbelief and think that I am the world’s (not to say Sweden’s) only hope.

In my mind, having machines respawn is important :slight_smile: they provide some items that aren’t commonly found in loot boxes or crates. That’s just my opinion though. If machines didn’t respawn, they would have to counteract that with loot boxes not respawning in order for balance, relooting areas over and over after you’ve destroyed all the machines in that area would make it very easy, as you wouldn’t ever run out of important items such as med packs, ammunition, or adrenaline shots.

I hear you, but you’re thinking Doom. I’m thinking life, where if there was a base of any military sort at all, it would have an armoury. In the armoury is a pile of kit, and the problem wouldn’t be having it, but how much you could carry. A simple armoury would have assault rifles, pistols and ammunition. A big one would have everything. When you started to run out, you’d go back to the armoury if you couldn’t find another one.

Bases would start to become really important…

I understand your frustrations with the game :slight_smile: Hopefully future patches will help improve the over quality of the gameplay. Your feedback is important so I appreciate you expressing it to us in the forums!

Please don’t worry, I’m not moaning - I love the game. I would luuuuurrrrve to see a 66mm with the animation taking out the two pins, pulling it apart so the sights pop up and then pulling the safety catch. I was in the Marines at this very time and they were everywhere - pretty much the allied response to the RPG7. There was very little they wouldn’t knock over either - they would certainly take out an armoured APC, and I know this because a friend of mine did so in the Falklands. From 200 yards you could feel the blast in the face (I was in anti-tank troop).

I was just disappointed that they respawn, rather than spreading out to replace from a central location - of from a container on the beach! I found one of those full of robots. In that case we could turn the tables by ambushing them!

If i have a moan it’s only that the 7.62 round isn’t more destructive. The 5.56 wouldn’t even go through a tree, whereas the 7.62 would go through 5! (12ft of pine, 9 feet of oak). One of my instructors in training had a couple of marines in his troop who knocked over a house in Korea at 1,000 metres, twenty rounds at a time!

If i have an idea for you, then it’s the 120mm Wombat. it was normally carried round by a vehicle, but it came on a wheeled trolley, and could be dragged (with difficulty) by a person. It had a 0.5inch ranging gun on the top, which had exactly the same trajectory as the main round. So you fire a sighting round, which was tracer, and when it hit something hard (like armour) it would make a big flash and white smoke. When you got a hit, you switched to the other and fired. The power was the same as a 5inch naval shell. It would take six tons of Centurian turret and throw it 20 ft in the air. Imagine that, working as a team, you could drag it to a place overlooking three or four tanks, load and take them on at a 1,000metres. Ammunition was heavy and hard to carry, but worth it! It would have to be difficult to use, but that’d be half the fun!

Likewise, if it were me, I’d collect ammunition and store it somewhere in case there wasn’t any further on, but it disappears when you restart the game (I’ve tried it). I realise also that I am describing a game that would be seriously enjoyed by a minority of one (me) and everyone else is happy with it as it is.

It’s a great game and I love it.

Oh, is there anyway to communicate with people who join the game? I had one turn up, but he got bored when I was taking so long to rearm and reconfigure my stocks. I haven’t found out how to carry more than 12 items and each time I pick up ammo, I have to drop things to make room, pick up the ammunition, take the ammunition off the rifle, add the new ammunition to the old box and then reput it back onto the weapon. Then when I have collated all my ammunition, I then have three or four spare spaces, so I can pick up the things I’ve dropped and carry on! No one is willing to hang around while i do it.

That’s all my moans and suggestions - I love it and I think it’s a masterpiece.

Cheers

Bootie.

Thanks for all the feedback bootie :slight_smile: Remember that each different topic you want to discuss should be in it’s own post in “feedback / feature suggestions” area!

Ah, I wasn’t sure that I wasn’t talking to you direct - that may be in another window. Sigh sorry again. To be fair - it’s my topic! :smiley:

I’ll revive this topic with my latest observation:

Machines resurrect!
At least the lesser ones…

I had a nice fight at Littorp Farm. Most of the resulting carnage you can see here:

I fasttraveled to Arkelstorp Lighthouse to drop loot and crafting materials, went back on the main road toward windmills and got greeted with this welcoming committee:

Windmills area was clear before fasttraveling to the lighthouse.

Here is how the farm looked afterward.

I recall to have seen or read somewhere that ‘damaged machines would stay damaged until destroyed’.
I always thought this was the case, even over multiple play sessions.

(Disclaimer: I cannot seem to recall where I have seen or read it, nor could I find it anymore, so I am sorry for lacking any substantial proof to this claim.)

So I decided to put that to the test and the answer to that is: NO.

My testsubject was the lone tank outside the Airbase safehouse north of Saltholmen Church. The first tank you’d basically encounter in this game, all by itself out on the field.
Damaged it to near destruction, broke off the fight, got into the safehouse and logged out.

Upon logging in back to the game, same character, same location… the tank was in 100% repaired condition again, happily stomping around aimlessly in the field. Poor thing.

Did you get the “escaped combat” message?

Sometimes it’s good to do some changes to inventory, transfer stuff in and out of Plundra for example) to force the game to save.

I’ve encountered on multiple occasions damaged machines with missing weapons, smoking/sparkling, etc.