Machines should react to damage components

Hi devs,

in an other thread Flybydai said this:

That leads me to this suggestion.
I think it would be really good if the machines react on which of their components we damage.
To be more clear I used the word “damaged” instead of “destroyed” because if we shoot the machines guns the fall of and are destroyed but components doesn’t fall of and are still working. Therefore I say we “damaged” components if we shoot them down to 0% HP. And I think the machines should only show some reaction,expect sparks, if we shoot a component untill it has 0%.

Optics:
As far as I experienced so far damaging the optics has absolutly no effect on how good the machines are able to track us or aim for us.
It would be good if the machines would not exactly know where we are if their optic is damaged. It would offer us some more tactical gameplay because if the machines could not see us they would try to locate us by hearing us. We could shoot, they would know where we are, and we could then sneak away and use weapons with silencers. With this attachement it would take more time for them to locate us.

Hydraulic pump
Another idea would be to damage the hydraulic pump. Runners for example could then not run anymore because it is leaking. With a leaking hydraulic system the preasure would decrease and therefore they would have not enough force to perform running. They could only walk and if we come to close they try to jump towards us but the punch is only 30% of the usual hit.
Hunters couldn’t perform their jump melee attack anymore. But they would still be able to run and use the swing attack with their hydraulical blades.

Hinges / Drive axles
A damaged Drive axle of a runner could reduce their movement speed.
A damaged hinge of a Tank could make it limp and the steps on the affected side would be shorter.

Battery (I’m not sure if it is actually the battery but I mean the big box in the back of Harvesters)
If we damage the battery the Harvester, maybe Tanks too, could randomly run out of juice for a few seconds. Similar to the EMP-effect.

What components do you know and how could be the machines reaction on damaging them?

7 Likes

Very good ideas changing the battle unfolding, advancement and finish. I support them.

1 Like

Nice I was thinking a modified seeker that you could rewire with optics as a drone to see further ahead or around buildings. Also maybe a harder mode where machines can follow you through doorways or break down certain doors to follow you and hunt you more. Also do a system where you can attach fuel tanks together or a radio, fuel cell and flare so that music brings them near and flare acts as a fuse etc like a bomb. Once these bombs are made you could attach them to cars etc for even more damage.

Minor nitpick, but some components that aren’t weapons or armor do fall off if damaged. Best example is the left optical cluster on the front of a harvester (if reduced to 0% HP, it gets destroyed).

Nice ideas but not related to this topic. You should open a new thread with your ideas.

A very good example. Even if the optics fell off the machines can still see you.

This is something I wold love to see implemented in game.

Beside what @Dantec mentioned I would add:

• damaged weapons should jam / misfire / lose accuracy
  • destroyed fuel tank should put robots in “emergency power mode” - slower movement speed
  • disarmed robots (tanks and harvesters) should try to walk away, seek other robots for help instead of standing still and waiting to be destroyed (harvesters stay in place even when they have 100% HP)
2 Likes

Non complex easy to input ideas.Those sort of ideas also make it easier im guessing for the devs to look at.

Make then lose legs and walk slowly and even completely inmovilized but still attacking.

Same feature request topics merged.

//Mod

Bots do not seem to receive the right amount of damage for components.

1.For instance, I can shoot a hunter in the face with a .50 cal. This should totally blow its whole head off, but instead, it just receives some damage, AND can still see.
2. If a hunter gets shot in the leg/foot, the leg does not get blown off, even if you hit it with a .50 cal, or rocket launcher.

Same feature request topics merged.

//Mod

While were on the topic of components- If you hit a component like the core drive, the entire robot should no longer work at peak ability.
The more vital the component, the mor the bot should be affected.

1 Like