Machines teleporting into buildings

I have had this too (ps4) pain in the backside when on a massive fight with 3 tanks 2 harvester 10 runners came though the door.pls add :lock:to doors devs.

I have had hunters teleport into a small room three times now and i have been playing for less than two weeks, that and this insane difficulty spike everyone is talking about is really putting off my girlfriend and i from playing. Anything above the size of dogs SHOULD NOT get in a normal house. The hunter was stuck in the ceiling and table.

I think the engine has some difficulties with collision detection - I saw every single enemy in houses, from small to half of harv or tank.

Funny thing happened yesterday when there were so many hunters inside the camp so they pushed rival hunter in the wall, so he could no left and he was permanently agro so we could not fast travel.

Another example - when we tried to swap places inside a truck and I push my wife in driver’s cabin so she could not leave even through open doors :smiley: Fast travel saved her but it was nice to see her there (pity I did not take screenshots)

I’ve just started playing today and after I managed to get the game to play off of my dedicated graphics card I’ve had a blast all day but one bug kept driving me crazy. It seems that for whatever reason hunters and runners will just phase through closed doors and walls and just appear next to me when I’m hiding in buildings. It really sucks to killed by a bug like that after fighting off a swarm enemies. (not to mention it also scares the crap out of me every time}

Is this a common issue that any of you have encountered before?

2 Likes

Yes, that’s one of the big things they’re working on for next week’s patch.

Awesome. Less near heart attacks.

After the big June update and the FNIX Rising DLC this Problem still exists.
I play on PC and you can reproduce the phenomenen by aggroing a bunch of Runners and Hunters for example with a Gettoblaster near a barn. After they all attack you hide in the barn and close all doors. Now walk through the barn. In my game the enemies alway appear behind me. So look in one direction and turn around every lets say 10 seconds. Sooner or later there will be an enemy behind you. The funny thing is that it looks like the enemies dont even know what happend. They are just standing there and looking to the wall. After you look at them they recognize you and attack you.
Can someone confirm this behaviour?

2 Likes

Posting withdrawn by author

1 Like

I don’t play on PC but I can confirm this happening to me on Xbox. When I’m in a barn I spend more time looking behind my back than sniping the Runners and Hunters.

2 Likes

Thats true, in a barn is just easier to reprocude it.

To make it easier for the devs I make the bug report according to the report template

Platform:
PC

Description:
Enemies (mostely Runners and Hunters) teleport into houses even though all doors are closed.

Steps To Reproduce:
You can reproduce the phenomenen by aggroing a bunch of Runners and Hunters for example with a Gettoblaster near a barn. After they all attack you hide in the barn and close all doors. Now walk through the barn. In my game the enemies always appear behind me (outside of my FOV). So look in one direction and turn around every lets say 10 seconds. Sooner or later there will be an enemy behind you.

Images / Videos:
Sorry non from my side. But I’m sure others could add Videos if you need them.

Host or Client:
Host

Players in your game:
1 (only me)

Specifications:
Win 10 - 64 bit
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GTX 980
16 Gb RAM

Same issue topics merged.

//Mod

1 Like

It seems like if you aggro the runners outside Björknäs homestead and then run upstairs, one or two of them teleport inside the house at the bottom of the stairs.

Sometimes they teleport in if you go to the kitchen area or get close to the front door.

Xbox One X / Solo

You wait until the Hunters teleport inside a barn! There’s always one gets in behind you, so keep looking round.

1 Like

Yep had that a couple of times Bootie, makes the fight bloody difficult.

Drop a mine at the top of the stairs…

Today in one house I had about 4-5 Hunters and 3-5 runners inside. The top gun of the hunters was poking up through the floor of the top floor level so they were easy enough to kill, but trying to get to the runners was a hell of a job as I couldn’t move through the hunters, fun time had by all.

2 Likes

Enemies phasing thru walls or glitching into bunkers I am aware of. What makes Björknäs homestead so special, is the fact that it happens everytime you visit the place for the first time.

It’s a small bug but annoying all the same.

2 Likes

I blame the builder - you just can’t get the quality. I bet the tarmac on the drive is about 1cm thick, too…

Aye I dont think it was Bob the Builder but we will never know :laughing:

1 Like