Machines teleporting into buildings

I don’t have it recorded but have seen when it happens from the outside now when playing co-op.

At least one of the things I did suspect way back could be ‘confirmed by myself’ - Machines push each other trough normal house/ barn walls. A runner jumped outside the walls and another runs and collided with the jumper. Jumping one just teleport away to my friend hiding inside.
I guess there are some collisions values missing for machines when they get pushed (or blasted) in to the walls? Suspect that blast waves from explosions also can push a machine. Result would be the same, it’s not the machine itself - it’s the external factors that push them through the walls.

And I think I’ve seen it in every house types also. Included the smaller square ones with higher house foundation and the few updated ones that got a basement now.

I get that, but must admit, I like that, I notice the large machines can follow you into the hangers, Bunkers and Wearhouse where at one time they stayed outside, make a more interesting game.

Interesting is one word for it.

Would be okey, if the used the doors instead of thin walls.

There is also the opposite to “getting in” happening inside Muskudden navy base sometimes.
Hunters are groped and pushed around by each other when they are so eager to kill you, that one or even two fell trough the rock walls and get stuck behind the thick concrete walls.

Hey,

If this is still an issue, could you please send us a video of this happening? Please feel free to tag me here on the forums or contact me via support at Bug reporting

1 Like

Platform:
PC

Steps To Reproduce:
Aggro a hunter. Hide out of sight in a structure large enough for a hunter to stand in and still be approximately 8 meters from the player. Avoid the largest space of the structure from being on screen (t.e. face a wall). Wait. After a while, the hunter will fill the space. It seems necessary for the robot to be trying to move to the player, so they need to be either aggro’d / red or alerted / yellow. It’s easier to reproduce the bug where the hunter can detect the player through walls, or is accompanied by a seeker with that ability that can keep the hunter aggro’d.

Images / Videos:

Host or Client:
Host

Players in your game:
One

Specifications:
Win10 64 bit, up to date.
Potato i5-9400 2.9 GHz
RTX 2060, up to date
16 GB RAM
SSD
Keyboard and mouse.

Aggro a hunter. Hide out of sight in a structure large enough for a hunter to stand in and still be approximately 8 meters from the player. Avoid the largest space of the structure from being on screen (t.e. face a wall). Wait. After a while, the hunter will fill the space. It seems necessary for the robot to be trying to move to the player, so they need to be either aggro’d / red or alerted / yellow. It’s easier to reproduce the bug where the hunter can detect the player through walls, or is accompanied by a seeker with that ability that can keep the hunter aggro’d.

This last video isn’t mine, it’s two guys called Pontus and Mat live streaming Generation Zero on 8 Jan 2020. They’re wandering around Norrmyra, near FOA2. Skip to 28:09. You can see the hunter as Pontus is going down the stairs. (Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1689&v=cXIt456e-t0)

1 Like

This is a known issue. Merged with relevant topic.

//Mod

1 Like

Might I ask for the link to the topic you mentioned? I would like to contribute there as it is still an issue as of March 21st 2021.

Edit: Since this is the latest topic, I’ll just post my contribution here.

Bug report with video

Platform: Steam

Description: Hunter spawned inside a barn out of view when that area was clear just seconds ago.

Steps To Reproduce: Attract enemy attention, enter any building.

Images / Videos: https://youtu.be/KseCEfv1QcE

Host or Client: Host

Players in your game: 1 (self)

Specifications:
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19042) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
Motherboard: ASUS Prime X570-P
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: MSI Ventus XS OC RTX 2060 6GB
Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200 - Model TLZGD416G3200HC16CDC01
Storage: Crucial P1 NVMe SSD
Power Supply: GIGABYTE GP-B700H 700W

This topic here is the relevant topic about this issue. And if someone posts this issue somewhere else, these reports get merged into this topic here.

1 Like

Thank you for the info :smiley:

1 Like

Yesterday I went to Torsberga to complete the mission Spiking the guns. From almost the first entry of the underground area I had runners inside the walls following me over the entire area. After the first encounter of an wall hacking runner they went aggro and tried to shoot me (which in rare cases even worked). Now and then one of the runners glitched through a wall.

The whole experience was unnerving and annoying af. Imo there should be a check for the machines if they are inside the playable area or not. And if not they should be instantly teleported to the nearest point of the playable area. Since this is more of a CPU task there should be no (or very little) impact to performance. My R5 2600 runs at about 15-20% when playing GZ even with recording the game.

If this would ever be implemented maybe the devs could add the feature to check whether machines are in front or behind a wall preventing them to glitch into anything.

Amen to that. My dad and I even have bots teleporting into truck boxes, which are not very large at all. And hunters are teleporting into rooms half their size. The problem seems to have been exasperated by the last update.

This is still an issue. Any updates from the dev team?

Yeah, I personally havent noticed any change. Theres no use in taking cover if the machines can just walk through it.

To change this sometimes annoying feature the devs would probably reprogram fundamental game mechanics.
It appears to me that machines “enter” a building only in the back of the player. This suggests that the part of the building that is not visible is not even rendered in grid from to calculate the movement of the machines. Rendering the whole building(s) even in the background would dramatically impact the game performance. I wonder how difficult it is to implement the basic grid of the buildings to be rendered in the back of the player to provide correct pathfinding for machines.

I don’t think it’s a bad thing if runners come running in buildings when open entries are available but have a hunter spawn right behind the player and being stuck because of the low clearance of the room (and knifing the player) feels a bit like cheating tbh.

2 Likes

I almost never fight from within a building, that’s why the spawning behind me in a building can’t happen often. I had it happen once. Made me jump :sunglasses:. I love to see the runners come into the buildings. And barn doors are big enough to even let the hunters enter.

1 Like

I’m seeing this “bug” as well. First time playing and the first encounter I heard a crash of a window and thought a dog jumped in the room next to me. Killed it, then later, another one was there. I thought maybe the crash was just part of the game so I thought nothing of it.

Later, got to another city and barricaded myself in a house and one of those flying robots got in downstairs. No broken windows or anything. Also found a dog down there. If these robots are going to enter a house with the doors closed, there should be some indication that they busted in, either broken windows or an opened door. There were no audio cues that they entered the room other than their normal buzzing and they can’t leave the room.

I suppose I can trap them in houses and see if the bug is a one-way thing. I’ll have to test that out.

1 Like

December 2021 still an issue. It’s quite annoying when you go to the second story of a house to attack the tanks and turn around and BOOM runner right next to you or stuck in a bathroom

So I’m fairly new to the game and while I’ve completed the story and dlc’s I’m unsure if enemies are supposed to be able to suddenly teleport inside a closed building or if it’s glitches? I was inside a concrete bunker fighting a harvester and it’s ummm friends when I suddenly was downed and when I hit an adrenaline, got up and was instantly downed again, this time by a Melee attack by a Hunter who had suddenly appeared behind me.

Is this supposed to happen? It’s like the flame thrower that disregards physical barriers and hits you from really significant distances. It makes no sense to me that a solid wall is no barrier at all to being scorched to death. There are a number of other similar things that made me wonder if the sudden appearance of enemies inside a closed building is a glitch or is intended.

This is a glitch that they have apparently attempted to fix multiple times in the past to no avail.

1 Like